View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Right. But that doesn't mean that the G-S Avengers #1 story didn't make sense. It made perfect sense. Madeline Joyce Frank gave birth to the twins at Mt. Wundagore in Eastern Europe. She died, and Bob Frank left them at Mt. Wundegore with the High Evolutionary. It doesn't speak well of Bob Frank, but the story held together well.
    Yes, I agree. Even though Bob had a terrible Golden Age nomme de guerre I liked the link with his powers and Pietro's. The only reason Magneto was proposed by Byrne was that he was inspired by the reveal by Neal Adams of Magneto having white hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Right. But that doesn't mean that the G-S Avengers #1 story didn't make sense. It made perfect sense. Madeline Joyce Frank gave birth to the twins at Mt. Wundagore in Eastern Europe. She died, and Bob Frank left them at Mt. Wundegore with the High Evolutionary. It doesn't speak well of Bob Frank, but the story held together well.
    It makes sense that father would leave his newborns to some crazed scientist that experiments on humans and animals?

I think it needs to be faced that the Maximoffs make the most sense at this point. They raised them and had any sort of impact. The others are just plot twists.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Oh, Hickman doesn't care about them at all as Avengers (because he doesn't care about the Avengers at all). But as the "pretender Wanda Maximoff" bit shows he does like the potential to use Wanda as an X-Men punching bag, and I have no doubt that's how she would be used now if she were still considered a mutant.
    its basicaly retelling history with a bit more snark, there is no point in making her a mutant with the sole intention of using her as a punching bag.
    it would be petty and unecessary, and wanda has basicaly no potential with the x-men compared to pietro, so make him a mutant and leave her be

OP Question -

Hell to the No
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

When I first heard this after it had just happened I had the most withering look on my face so that explains my answer at the time but now I just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its basicaly retelling history with a bit more snark, there is no point in making her a mutant with the sole intention of using her as a punching bag.
    it would be petty and unecessary, and wanda has basicaly no potential with the x-men compared to pietro, so make him a mutant and leave her be
    Well, it's not really making her a mutant to be a punching bag, it's more that she was a mutant from the beginning but because Marvel were being petty shits they retconned her not being a mutant, which is moot now because they purchased 21st Century Fox.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I'm not saying Wanda would be made a mutant again solely to turn her into a punching bag, but if she were considered a mutant - which, IMO, she should be whether or not she's an "artificial" mutant - then she'd either be on Krakoa or banned from Krakoa but her role in the Decimation would loom larger.

Remember that after House of M, X-books spent year after year after year talking about how Wanda wiped out the mutants and was terrible. Then Uncanny Avengers couldn't stop talking about it. Then in the X-Men "No More Humans" graphic novel, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver showed up with their dad Magneto but were banned from the X-Mansion's meeting room ("she shouldn't even be allowed on school grounds!" one X-Man said). Marvel likes to rile up its fans and Wanda is one of the characters who is still used to rile them up.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    If Marvel does take that route (and god I hope they do), how would Wanda take knowing that her twin brother is a mutant after all but she isn’t? Would she be relieved for herself, or would she feel like now there’s something she can’t share with Pietro anymore? Would it change how she feels about Pietro? It certainly seems like she started to view him (and herself) less positively when Magneto first revealed the truth to them.

In reverse, I think Pietro would be relieved and grateful to know he was a mutant again in a similar fashion to when he regained his powers after M-Day. He would also worry that Wanda’s feelings toward him would change, and of course, this would increase his sense of isolation, even with someone who has been with him from the womb.

BANNED

Yeah, I'm not saying Wanda would be made a mutant again solely to turn her into a punching bag, but if she were considered a mutant - which, IMO, she should be whether or not she's an "artificial" mutant - then she'd either be on Krakoa or banned from Krakoa but her role in the Decimation would loom larger.

Remember that after House of M, X-books spent year after year after year talking about how Wanda wiped out the mutants and was terrible. Then Uncanny Avengers couldn't stop talking about it. Then in the X-Men "No More Humans" graphic novel, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver showed up with their dad Magneto but were banned from the X-Mansion's meeting room ("she shouldn't even be allowed on school grounds!" one X-Man said). Marvel likes to rile up its fans and Wanda is one of the characters who is still used to rile them up.
    yeah i know that i read trough it and It still makes me despise sw to this day, but imersion aside it was a shitty editorial mandate that used wanda as an object to force drastic changes into the marvel universe.

There is no point in recreating a conection that will always be unsastisfying to either side, its impossible to redeem her in the eyes of x-verse they had that chance after childrens crusade but droped the ball, and as fan of the x-men i hate everytime wanda shows up in an x-book or even is present in a mutant storyline, and with dozens of characters I certaintly dont want panel time wasted on an avengers character, wich I dont read or have any interest in.

And fans of the scarlet witch deserve more content about their favorite characther witout the constant reminder of such a terrible story, and by removing her conections to mutants and magneto you can achieve that, scarlet witch solo showed that, she is a witch and an avenger and that is what matters to her progress

In my oinion the only thing that needs to be changed is pietro's mutant status, keep wanda as is
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-18-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

That right there is the one major reason I think it will be addressed sooner that later once WandaVision is released. Marvel’s playbook relies heavily on outrage and high emotion to move books, and and once the new car smell comes off DoX, they’re going to fall back on it. Combined with how highly anticipated WV is (more so than I think they or Disney realized it would be since everyone and their mother keeps insisting this how the X-Men will be introduced), it would work in their interest to do something with the twins and their history and connection with the X-franchises.

How Wanda would be treated, fairly or not, or the mutant status of the twins, is a lot less foreseeable. I think it really will depend on WV/MoM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    If Marvel does take that route (and god I hope they do), how would Wanda take knowing that her twin brother is a mutant after all but she isn’t? Would she be relieved for herself, or would she feel like now there’s something she can’t share with Pietro anymore? Would it change how she feels about Pietro? It certainly seems like she started to view him (and herself) less positively when Magneto first revealed the truth to them.

In reverse, I think Pietro would be relieved and grateful to know he was a mutant again in a similar fashion to when he regained his powers after M-Day. He would also worry that Wanda’s feelings toward him would change, and of course, this would increase his sense of isolation, even with someone who has been with him from the womb.
    its an interesting possibility indeed, I dont know enough about the twins and their history to make an educated speculation, but from a distance it feels wanda is normaly the one pushing pietro away, to see the roles reverse and quicksilver embracing his mutant status and florishing as an x-men when he was normally an avengers black sheep, and slowly drifting away from that circle.

about wanda she never stroke me as someone that was invested in her mutant identity, she doesnt have any friends in the team , i can see a level of bitterness if pietro is embraced while shes reviled for her past actions and human status

Wanda doesn't push Pietro away. Initially Pietro went to go live his own life, unannounced. She was very supportive of him with that. He was not of her marriage. They've had disagreements on how to deal with Mags, but nothing that really pushed them apart. The CW II stuff (which came off as forced) was the only time they were in such opposition that it pushed him away. But I feel like they are like most siblings. They love each other, fight on occasion, but are right there for each other when needed. Wanda has defended Pietro endlessly in plenty of stories.

That right there is the one major reason I think it will be addressed sooner that later once WandaVision is released. Marvel’s playbook relies heavily on outrage and high emotion to move books, and and once the new car smell comes off DoX, they’re going to fall back on it. Combined with how highly anticipated WV is (more so than I think they or Disney realized it would be since everyone and their mother keeps insisting this how the X-Men will be introduced), it would work in their interest to do something with the twins and their history and connection with the X-franchises.

How Wanda would be treated, fairly or not, or the mutant status of the twins, is a lot less foreseeable. I think it really will depend on WV/MoM.
    I think they used up all that with the turns taken to punch Wanda. It's not needed anymore. She's much better off on the magic side of Marvel.

Before Bendis' retcon, Wanda wasn't ashamed nor hated the fact that she was a mutant. It just wasn't overall the focus of her life. Since she was an Avenger, there wasn't much opportunity for her to participate in mutant stories. I don't think her view of Pietro has changed. She still loves her brother. Despite any fights they may have. Magneto she has always hated. That's never gonna change. And a lot of that has to do with the times she tried to give him a chance and he blew it. She feels that he doesn't see her or Pietro as anything else but soldiers. And he's been manipulative, abusive and killed Pietro. A lot of justified resentment and apprehension.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-18-2020 at 11:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda doesn't push Pietro away. Initially Pietro went to go live his own life, unannounced. She was very supportive of him with that. He was not of her marriage. They've had disagreements on how to deal with Mags, but nothing that really pushed them apart. The CW II stuff (which came off as forced) was the only time they were in such opposition that it pushed him away. But I feel like they are like most siblings. They love each other, fight on occasion, but are right there for each other when needed. Wanda has defended Pietro endlessly in plenty of stories.
    Oh okay then, sorry for the misimformation and thank you for the correction