View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Namor the Submariner is supposedly a mutant
    Yeah but Beast was a member long before Namor

that's just it. I was against the alien contact. it's not a catch-22, from my perspective. the alien contact was a slippery slope. it's like Claremont just used the book to write about all of the sci fi stuff he couldn't get away with outside of an indie comic. but don't get me wrong. he's my favorite x-writer.?
    Yeah, I can see that. Though even without aliens, they introduced some advanced tech, Between Cerebro, unstable molecule uniforms, their stealth jet... Super tech was always a part of it If they hadn't gone with Aliens, I would have liked more contact with Reed...

they wrote Spider-man as an underdog for decades. but I always saw it as the X-Men engaging in costume heroism as a public relations move. it was the easiest way to show the public that they weren't to be feared. it was also a reaction to Magneto showing up as a mutant boogeyman. they were formed to counter him (and threats like him). the underdog-ness is tied directly to a hero's resources. this is mentioned in the first few issues of the Thunderbolts (original run). Moonstone chastises Techno for using a self-made robotic butler. she wanted the team to be sympathetic and relatable. a robotic butler is the opposite of that. they also asked for aid from the city; when it was completely unnecessary. that's how I, personally, think the X-Men should operate. Xavier's childhood home serves as their military quarters/dorm. but the individual mutants should probably struggle, a bit. they should be out there in the world/prepared to be out in the world. and, for the most part, that is going on (or was back when I was reading regularly).
    I'm torn, on the one hand I do agree that limited resources makes for better stories... I'm not sure I'd want to see the X-men getting day jobs and supporting themselves and worrying about their next meal. Paying bills isn't fun... for me comics are an escape FROM balancing budgets

Spider-man got away with the endless search for his next paycheck, but I'm not sure it would work as well for teams. There's something about those early issues with Colossus and Wolverine utterly DEMOLISHING that Danger Room on a regular basis that always had me wondering who was repairing it, how much it cost, and how they got away with ordering giant spiked balls and flamethrowers delivered to the mansion...

Probably the same way Arcade did... but still?

I think the Danger Room should be something that occasionally breaks down. no what I never wanted? the Danger Room being revealed as a telepathically-lobotomized alien life form (it happened, folks).
    GAHHHh Bad Watkins!! That was such a horrible story, I've worked hard to burn it from my mind...

Another thing that I REALLY hate?? Evil Professor X.

I used to joke around that he made some seriously questionable decisions offering to teach kids to use their powers... and then send them to fight terrorists in spandex... undoubtedly without permission slips from their parents no less... But there has been a constant push to show him as a psychotic EVIL manipulater that needed to be killed horribly.

Prof X was the GOOD one. He wanted peace and harmony... protecting kids from people that hate them, show the world they could be good.... The demonizing of the man is just old. Outgrow him if you need to, but lets not retcon every good thing he ever did into some dark and sinister motives...

HUH when did this happen and who are their parents now ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Yeah but Beast was a member long before Namor
    Beast was also a mutant long before Namor got retconned into one.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    HUH when did this happen and who are their parents now ?
    When: Right before Avengers 2 came out.
    Who: first the Maximoff's now somone new is being hinted at.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Beast was also a mutant long before Namor got retconned into one.
    Well... Not that much longer, if X-Men v1 #6 is to be believed.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well... Not that much longer, if X-Men v1 #6 is to be believed.
    What happened?

Without spoiling the entire issue, here is how Wanda's biographical information will change as a result of Scarlet Witch #11:

1. Wanda Maximoff was born in Serbia
    2. Her natural mother is Natalya Maximoff, a previous Scarlet Witch. She died violently on Mount Wundagore in Transia.
    3. Django Maximoff is her maternal uncle. He is deceased.
    4. Marya Maximoff is her maternal aunt. She is alive in Serbia.

She hasn't found out who her natural father is yet, so there is still hope that it turns out to be Magneto. It is also possible that Magda is an alias for Natalya Maximoff.
    The most important development is that Wanda and Pietro were born in Serbia instead of on Mount Wundagore in Transia. Magneto's wife could still have come there and given birth to twins, but those twins weren't the Maximoffs.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wonder if James Robinson will be allowed to delve into the issue of their father. So far it looks like he has a free hand at least. I'm glad he's keeping the connection to the Maximoffs and now they are blood relations. The High Evolutionary was casting a wide net looking for other children to take for his work so that opens up a lot of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if James Robinson will be allowed to delve into the issue of their father. So far it looks like he has a free hand at least. I'm glad he's keeping the connection to the Maximoffs and now they are blood relations. The High Evolutionary was casting a wide net looking for other children to take for his work so that opens up a lot of other possibilities.
    Luckily it will mean that boring and one dimensional character created by Remender who claimed to be the sister of Wanda and Pietro can be in reality a random child abducted by the High Evolutionary, so fingers crossed.

BANNED

Perhaps WandaVision will feature a surprise cameo by the High Evolutionary and the character who claims to be Wanda and Pietro's sister.

I don't want either tbh. I feel like they serve no real purpose. Luminous is the next Robert Frank Jr. And the High Evolutionary is not needed to explain Wanda's powers. Even if they go the chaos magic route. That's still from Chthon in the 616. High Evolutionary is even useless to her there. It was only really needed for Pietro. And imo, he can be a mutant while she is not. But his main power source was already explained in the MCU, so the High Evolutionary is still not needed.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-17-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Without spoiling the entire issue, here is how Wanda's biographical information will change as a result of Scarlet Witch #11:

1. Wanda Maximoff was born in Serbia
    2. Her natural mother is Natalya Maximoff, a previous Scarlet Witch. She died violently on Mount Wundagore in Transia.
    3. Django Maximoff is her maternal uncle. He is deceased.
    4. Marya Maximoff is her maternal aunt. She is alive in Serbia.

She hasn't found out who her natural father is yet, so there is still hope that it turns out to be Magneto. It is also possible that Magda is an alias for Natalya Maximoff.
    The most important development is that Wanda and Pietro were born in Serbia instead of on Mount Wundagore in Transia. Magneto's wife could still have come there and given birth to twins, but those twins weren't the Maximoffs.
    I want it to be Chthon. It's more fitting that he'd murder Natalya. I don't want Mags to be saddled with that.

Also Serbia is where Mount Wundagore is located. It's on the border between there and Romania in the map guides for the 616 universe.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    When: Right before Avengers 2 came out.
    Who: first the Maximoff's now somone new is being hinted at.
    I'm still mad that their parents aren't the Whizzer and Miss America!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

What happened?
    Professor X tried to recruit him for the X-Men and Magneto tried to recruit him for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.