View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Hell NO

Was totally unnecessary and wastes several years of canon material, good histories end even alternate universes. Also seems to come to nowhere.

I think that if the point was get Wanda away for the mutants it would work, but won't erase HOM since Wanda still did, a lot of event derivative of that and if something make it worse since she decimated a race who has nothing to do with her and her feeling of loneliness and isolation to punish a person, who is not related to her for not raising her good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its an interesting possibility indeed, I don't know enough about the twins and their history to make an educated speculation, but from a distance it feels wanda is normally the one pushing pietro away, to see the roles reverse and quicksilver embracing his mutant status and flourishing as an x-men when he was normally an avengers black sheep, and slowly drifting away from that circle.
    about wanda she never stroke me as someone that was invested in her mutant identity, she doesn't have any friends in the team , i can see a level of bitterness if pietro is embraced while shes reviled for her past actions and human status
    Well I think all that depends on the point of view, personally I think that Wanda grown a part of Pietro and they are not near as close as they used to be, while Wanda frequently blaming Pietro (sometimes with reason) about they differences and even blaming him about the HOM incident. Of course at the end of the day they love each other.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Hell NO

Was totally unnecessary and wastes several years of canon material, good histories end even alternate universes. Also seems to come to nowhere.

I think that if the point was get Wanda away for the mutants it would work, but won't erase HOM since Wanda still did, a lot of event derivative of that and if something make it worse since she decimated a race who has nothing to do with her and her feeling of loneliness and isolation to punish a person, who is not related to her for not raising her good.
    It was already dumb, because he never raised her. Even when he was her father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda doesn't push Pietro away. Initially Pietro went to go live his own life, unannounced. She was very supportive of him with that. He was not of her marriage. They've had disagreements on how to deal with Mags, but nothing that really pushed them apart. The CW II stuff (which came off as forced) was the only time they were in such opposition that it pushed him away. But I feel like they are like most siblings. They love each other, fight on occasion, but are right there for each other when needed. Wanda has defended Pietro endlessly in plenty of stories.
    He did return to help her at the end of the Series, so they are just like proper siblings, they love, they fight, but they will always be there for the other when needed

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    He did return to help her at the end of the Series, so they are just like proper siblings, they love, they fight, but they will always be there for the other when needed
    Yep, I have several siblings. My younger brother being only 14 months younger than me. And it's like that. We've fought each other. But we'd fight harder than ever for each other.

what about all this stuff with being raised by Bova the cow lady and so forth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    "No. More. Cows."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Madga wasn't their mother, so Bova was not the midwife who brought them into the world. That was all a lie. They were born in Serbia, not Mount Wundagore.

Yep, I have several siblings. My younger brother being only 14 months younger than me. And it's like that. We've fought each other. But we'd fight harder than ever for each other.
    I have an older brother, so I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Madga wasn't their mother, so Bova was not the midwife who brought them into the world. That was all a lie. They were born in Serbia, not Mount Wundagore.
    Mount Wundagore wasn't a lie. Sure they were born in Serbia (again Mount Wundagore is on the border of Serbia and Romania) but they were then kidnapped by the High Evolutionary. Who resides on Mount Wundagore. And Bova as one of his experiments. They never said the stuff with her was undone. And the High Evolutionary stuff is still very much there. The only things that have changed are their parents and how they ended up in the hands of the High Evolutionary. Just the same as when their parentage changed from the Franks to the Lehnsherrs.

He just mentions her in the credits panel for a cheap joke. That doesn't indicate he'll use her at all. It was just to give a witty timeline of X-Men related events.
    True, but we're talking about comic books. Those things happen!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Mount Wundagore wasn't a lie. Sure they were born in Serbia (again Mount Wundagore is on the border of Serbia and Romania) but they were then kidnapped by the High Evolutionary. Who resides on Mount Wundagore. And Bova as one of his experiments. They never said the stuff with her was undone. And the High Evolutionary stuff is still very much there. The only things that have changed are their parents and how they ended up in the hands of the High Evolutionary. Just the same as when their parentage changed from the Franks to the Lehnsherrs.
    I feel like there's untapped potential to this whole backstory. Bova, being one of the High Evolutionary's 'New Men' does not appear to have children (and presumably the High Evolutionary doesn't want his New Men breeding, so possibly *can't* have children). We know she's got a strong maternal instinct.

And Wanda, one of the children she held for a brief time all those years ago, has inadvertently proven that magic can get someone pregnant, even if producing children the old fashioned way is not an option.

And Chthon *is right there.* Desperate to escape from Mt. Wundagore, and answer a lonely cow-ladies wishes and magically provide her with a magical miracle minotaur-baby, if it will help bust him out of there...

BANNED

I don't see why so many people want them to Magneto's kids, it's not like he ever raised them, their connection to him was the basis to their worst story.
    I stand by the thought Magneto does nothing but hold their characters back, honestly, it just feels people want him to be his kids because he's more A-list than every other character who's been retconned to be their parents or their obsessed with this headcanon of Magneto being a single father raising two kids which is false even in stuff where he was involved in their lives as children, X-Men evolution being a good example.
    Because let's be honest here, Magneto has not and has never really been their father, even when they were related to him he's at most a glorified sperm donor.
    Last edited by Skullkid; 02-20-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Since I’d rather Wanda not get rolled out as the Great Satan, I’m not adverse to the retcon.

That said, if they were to reverse it, odds are Natalya probably remains the mother (Erik relative youth is easier to handwave than Magda’s) and her account of being killed by the father could be passed off as *rolls dice* Mystique trying to head off M-Day on Destiny’s orders

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    True, but we're talking about comic books. Those things happen!
    Scarlet Witch fans struggled to find Wanda in comics alone for months. So I feel like holding out hope for her to appear in X-related anything when she didn't appear there often at all before the retcon is likely setting themselves up for disappointment. Especially since solicits through May (nearly half of the year) have her in the Empyre stuff, Star and Doctor Strange's magic academy book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't like this retcon considering it had become so deeply rooted into their history that even every adaption short of the MCU has used Magneto as the parent and it just reeks so transparently of politics. On top of that, it annoys me that just as PAD was developing the sibling relationship of Pietro and Wanda with Lorna, Marvel decides to retcon that away as well. To top it off, that awful Uncanny Avengers arc that followed it didn't help matters at all.
    Is there going to be a Giant-Size Polaris one-shot that explores how the comicbook character Lorna feels about the loss of the sibling relationship? Is she happy or sad about it?