View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast
    BANNED

Hexed, Vexed and Perplexed

To be honest you are right. 100%.

I just can’t get over that he’s not their father anymore even though it’s been a bit since we found it out. That means that Wanda’s boys aren’t his grandchildren. Pietro’s daughter, Luna, isn’t his granddaughter. Just so so many years we thought that...but no. Marvel just had to change it and I’m mad and I’ll never forgive it. I mean...I just can’t ever let it go. It must be hard on both Magneto and Quicksilver the most though and even Lorna.

I mean Pietro was always somewhat...how do I put this trying to impress/prove himself to his father. And in my opinion I think he had a certain respect for him(except those times when he clearly hated him). And Magneto...not that he was the best dad to him because he just...wasn’t. But in his defense he didn’t even know about them until they were adults or semi-adults. So...yeah then they became enemies kinda cause they like 80% of the time we’re either with the Avengers or X-Men. They couldn’t exactly be father and son and daughter. Cause Magneto believe in his cause and he wouldn’t change that just for his children.

But hey, at least he still had Lorna. Btw I loved it in the Hous Of X or Powers of X issue(I don’t remember which one) where Magneto is talking to Lorna about the mutants coming back and explaining and showing it to her. That’s a great father daughter moment to me.

And I was just like awwwwhhhhhhhhhh. MAGNETO’S A Daddy!

Cause now there’s no problem with that their enemies and he’s the bad guy. They can truly be father and daughter now, him and Polaris at least.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Quicksilver suffers immensely from the loss of Magneto as his father. Wanda less so.
    That gets to one of the real divides that we see going on. The other divide is some Lorna fans being I would say justifiably unsure if Marvel won't just retcon her parentage away again or completely ignore it again once they have Wanda around. Then some fans worrying that M-Day would just come up over and over again.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-25-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I would only want Wanda to be Magneto's daughter if that made her and Polaris sisters. I want them to be sisters.

The thing is, they don't need to be related to have interaction. The characters still have history. And I've felt that Pietro could still be mutant while Wanda is not. So that he could still be a part of X-Factor. And be around characters he's spent a lot of time with.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I would only want Wanda to be Magneto's daughter if that made her and Polaris sisters. I want them to be sisters.
    It could be interesting to see one or both of them throw their hands up and *decide* to be sisters, and start hanging out together, regardless of what genetic tests indicate. Give it a sort of 'family is more than blood' vibe.

OTOH, it could be equally interesting to see it go another direction, and for Lorna to embrace Pietro, whom she's worked with before on X-Factor, as 'family,' but *not* Wanda, whom she's not worked as closely with...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could be interesting to see one or both of them throw their hands up and *decide* to be sisters, and start hanging out together, regardless of what genetic tests indicate. Give it a sort of 'family is more than blood' vibe.

OTOH, it could be equally interesting to see it go another direction, and for Lorna to embrace Pietro, whom she's worked with before on X-Factor, as 'family,' but *not* Wanda, whom she's not worked as closely with...
    the only reason lorna, proud mutant and survivor of genosha and also a victim of the decimation, would ever talk to wanda is blood ties.
    Those are gone and she has plenty of family is more than blood options

BANNED

Oh it's because characters work on the logic that they don't need to hate people because you do.
    And because it's been years since its been made clear what happened wasn't Wanda's fault which people should get already.

X-Men 7 reiterated that Scarlet Witch is a pretender, so they aren’t changing things back.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    X-Men 7 reiterated that Scarlet Witch is a pretender, so they aren’t changing things back.
    In a very derisive way I might add.

Although I just think that's more playing off things as they currently are then a firm "we're never going back from this."

I think if they were gonna go back from it, they'd have done it when they also brought back the F4. She was in comics then. But we are up to almost a year since they got the rights back. Almost 6 years since the retcon. And solicits that are almost a halfway into 2020 with no sign of a retcon of the retcon, of a retcon. So it's probably safer to say it won't happen anytime soon. And good riddance.

Extraordinary Member

I think the test will come when we get closer to the release of her series, as we see what (if anything) they throw onto the market, the way they pushed out that five-issue Uncanny Avengers (the one with Luminous) story as part of the buildup to "Age of Ultron."

Of course the series premiere has been moved up a few months, so if they were planning anything it might not even come out until next year.

One of the reasons stated for the retcon was wanting to keep Mags in the WWII era for his origin, and keeping the twins young. So they might never go back on that unless they get a different senior editor or something. But really, like I've said many times, their real parents have always been the Maximoffs anyway. So it doesn't need undone.

BANNED

she's a pretender, end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she's a pretender, end of story
    She's not a pretender. Because she just didn't know for almost 50 years. But she doesn't need to be on that side. There's nothing for her there.