View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the good news is that it distracted people from Quicksilver's downward spiral. everyone forgets that it's Pietro who caused House of M; in reaction to the Avengers and X-Men contemplating Wanda's fate. he also created havoc by stealing the Terrigen Crystals from the Inhumans.
    Probably Quicksilver's most heroic acts ever, imo.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to disagree. With the birth taking place on Mount Wundagore in both versions then the High Evolutionary becomes a likely suspect in having a hand in things. What would realllly be wacky is if we found out that Magda gave birth to one child and Madeline the other and he took both away for experimentation. You have another odd coincidence that both Magda and Madeline dying shortly after childbirth. How many eye witnesses do we have of that? Bova tells Bob Frank about Madeline but doesn't Magda just wander off after giving birth?
    I'd liken the Frank's involvement to Viper claiming to be Jessica Drew's mother. it just doesn't work. Magda was, at least, unexplored enough that her giving birth to an eventual sorceress was believable. Whizzer having a mutant speedster son is lazy writing (as lazy as Polaris being Magneto's kid --which she wasn't originally). what makes sense to me is that Magda got lost in the mountains of Transia; while pregnant. Chthon sensed potential in Wanda; table that for later. High Evolutionary, who also resides on the mountain, collected Magda. her fate after that point is irrelevant. the High Evolutionary doesn't take people in. he could have just harvested dna samples from everyone involved. let's say that he created Wanda and Pietro at a later time; long after Magneto stopped looking for signs of Magda (and it's canon that he started living among the romani in search of her). High Evolutionary has recently called Wanda and Pietro failed experiments. some of this might actually be Chthon's doing. so H.E. gives his failed experiments over to Django and his wife; maybe out of curiosity. that's the cleanest way of doing it. Wanda and Pietro, technically, aren't Magneto's children. they are experiments (one of who Chthon is trying to co-opt). or they could say that the Emerald Warlock or some other weirdo impregnated Magda sometime after they escaped the camps. this would explain why Wanda looks like Magda. but it doesn't explain why Pietro looks like Magneto, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    To me he never was the father of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I never liked that retcon.

Of course, I'm sorry that they are not the children of the Whizzer and Miss America. (Speaking of which, whatever happened to Nuklo, the actual son of the Whizzer and Scarlet Witch.)

Sandy Hausler
    1. You do mean Madeline (Miss America) Joyce and Robert (Whizzer) Frank, right?
    2. Robert Frank Jr. -- odd that the High Evolutionary would claim that the Franks child died...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-29-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    This topic on Magneto's look is never ending. He was aged back to his prime...thanks to the comic timeline, he should be from 36-39 yrs old these days. Very simple. Black and white canon. Writers not knowing continuity is a sad thing. He look like a fit bodybuilder in Fatal Attractions and Magneto War. Get it together.
    yeah, it's weird how this always comes up. yet they never question Xavier's relative "youth." Mutant Alpha rejuvenating Magneto isn't half as weird as Charles original body being brood infested and having to be remade via Shiar technology (w/ mentally damaged legs, no less).

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Probably Quicksilver's most heroic acts ever, imo.
    I'm still surprised that they went there with Pietro being awarded by the Inhuman Royal Family; with Luna looking on disapprovingly.

As noted earlier, even Stan was fooling around with the idea that they weren't mutants.

As for Doom, it depends on how it's done. There's some wiggle room there since his mother was dabbling in the dark arts.
    well get ready. now that he has a series and a new direction, changes to his already muddled canon are to be expected. wouldn't surprise me if Doom's not really romani (making the Latverians not his people), at least.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

well get ready. now that he has a series and a new direction, changes to his already muddled canon are to be expected. wouldn't surprise me if Doom's not really romani (making the Latverians not his people), at least.
    No matter what his ethnicity, he is Latverian since he was born there in Hassenstadt. So the Latverians are his fellow citizens. He's left them to find there way on their own, which isn't exactly turning out too well.

Bendis has mentioned his back story in interviews but we'll see where he takes it. Writers tend to pick and choose what they feel is relevant to the story they want to tell.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

yeah, it's weird how this always comes up. yet they never question Xavier's relative "youth." Mutant Alpha rejuvenating Magneto isn't half as weird as Charles original body being brood infested and having to be remade via Shiar technology (w/ mentally damaged legs, no less).
    Never mind his legs, couldn't they have remade his body with a full head of hair?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Never mind his legs, couldn't they have remade his body with a full head of hair?
    It would have fallen out eventually anyway because of his vast telepathic abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    It would have fallen out eventually anyway because of his vast telepathic abilities...
    :eyeroll: my cousin tried to use the same excuse when his hairline started to recede.

No matter what his ethnicity, he is Latverian since he was born there in Hassenstadt.
    where's the birth certificate? heck, where's his doctorate? Doom's a pathological liar.

Be glad when the feud is over...also bring back Cloak and Dagger to the mutant side....

:eyeroll: my cousin tried to use the same excuse when his hairline started to recede.
    Ha...good one.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think it's whining about what others like. After all, this isn't a "I hate that Magneto is no longer their father" thread. Some people actually do like it, or at least thought it might work out.

It's true that a lot of people know them as Magneto's children because they constantly appeared as Magneto's children in animated cartoons and alternate universes. But on the other hand Scarlet Witch was a more popular character in the comics in the 1970s than she was after she was retconned into being Magneto's daughter (which explains why a '70s kid like Joss Whedon was determined to have her and Vision in an Avengers movie). I don't think that retcon caused her to be less popular, at least in the short run, but I certainly don't think it added many good stories to her character. Quicksilver got more to do because of it.
    She was nowhere near as popular before the Magneto reveal...lol.

BANNED

I haven't been "whining". I was pointing out the fact that the Magneto connection itself was a retcon. I guess some don't want to accept Magneto comes into the picture much later. So that was about 20 years when he had no family connection at all. So it all depends on the era that you started reading comics.

To me it was silly in HoM to have her "whining" and calling Magneto "Daddy" when he was never a part of her childhood. She says that he "ruined" them when again, he had no part in raising them. They were in the Brotherhood only a short time and for far longer she was part of the Avengers. Any "damages" he may have done one would think would have been addressed by her becoming accepted and respected in that group. That's when my dislike for the Magneto retcon really kicked in.
    Well that Wanda crying was just bad continuity from a lazy writer who didnt know that Magneto never raised them. They started using the villainy and infamous nature of Magneto as excuse for the fallacies of Wanda and Pietro. It was a joke and a weak premise to take. Lorna Dane? Went a complete opposite route and embraced that her father was the greatest mutant in history

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Well that Wanda crying was just bad continuity from a lazy writer who didnt know that Magneto never raised them. They started using the villainy and infamous nature of Magneto as excuse for the fallacies of Wanda and Pietro. It was a joke and a weak premise to take. Lorna Dane? Went a complete opposite route and embraced that her father was the greatest mutant in history
    I wonder when they'll follow up with the Lorna stuff. she's just kind of limbo-bound, at the moment. she still has green hair but no powers.