View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Magneto has "borrowed" Lorna's powers before. There's absolutely no reason Lorna would have lost her powers over him "borrowing" them again in his solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wonder when they'll follow up with the Lorna stuff. she's just kind of limbo-bound, at the moment. she still has green hair but no powers.
    The only thing about Lorna Dane that can be caught up on is how badly she was jobed when they made her Erik's daughter out of the green...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    The only thing about Lorna Dane that can be caught up on is how badly she was jobed when they made her Erik's daughter out of the green...
    I think Magneto was equally jobbed by that revelation. if it were me, I would have made Phantazia his kid; instead. she, at least, hadn't already been confirmed to be NOT THE DAUGHTER.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

where's the birth certificate? heck, where's his doctorate? Doom's a pathological liar.
    What, are you a birther or something "Mr. Trump"?

As for a birth certificate, we have one from Stan and Jack via FF annual #2 or the Official Handbooks if you prefer

So was he lying here? And why?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Maybe Doom will turn out to be her real father?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    well that's all sorts of gross. lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

He could have been. The confession was deliberately written so it could have been either a surprise twist or Doom nobly lying to protect Wanda.

The problem is most writers did not care to address The Children's Crusade at all and Brevoort doesn't want to revisit it, so no writer has ever answered the question of what exactly "the life force" was or what Doom was talking about there. Only Allan Heinberg knows for sure, and he's not writing comics any more.

What, are you a birther or something "Mr. Trump"?

As for a birth certificate, we have one from Stan and Jack via FF annual #2 or the Official Handbooks if you prefer

[URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/IronMaiden99/media/MB%20comic%20Scans/Avengers%20and%20the%20Childrens%20Crusade/ChildrensCrusade8_p18_zps0cf040f7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/IronMaiden99/MB%20comic%20Scans/Avengers%20and%20the%20Childrens%20Crusade/ChildrensCrusade8_p18

isn't it obvious? I've never seen a more obvious lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I guess almost anything is possible with Marvel these days but in this case, I'd say no. Doom went off to the U.S. for several years and was never known to have been at Mount Wundagore in that period. He never met either of the potential mothers (Magda or Madeline). Then he went into seclusion in Tibet for a number of years. There's just such a tiny window of time when that could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    He could have been. The confession was deliberately written so it could have been either a surprise twist or Doom nobly lying to protect Wanda.

The problem is most writers did not care to address The Children's Crusade at all and Brevoort doesn't want to revisit it, so no writer has ever answered the question of what exactly "the life force" was or what Doom was talking about there. Only Allan Heinberg knows for sure, and he's not writing comics any more.
    the "confession" contradicts the events of Disassembled and House of M. Pietro was the one who convinced Wanda to use her powers in the creation of "Mutant World." and "No More Mutants" was a very spontaneous emotional reaction to Pietro being killed. Doom was Magneto's underling during House of M. if Doom was the architect of all of this, why would he have had his own mother manipulate him?

I guess almost anything is possible with Marvel these days but in this case, I'd say no. Doom went off to the U.S. for several years and was never known to have been at Mount Wundagore in that period. He never met either of the potential mothers (Magda or Madeline). Then he went into seclusion in Tibet for a number of years. There's just such a tiny window of time when that could have happened.
    *clears throat*

Ah yes. Caroline le Fey. She's still wandering around I suppose. I don't think Victor has ever met his daughter or that Morgana ever told him that she bore his child. They need to de-age her though because I think she's older than her father by the strange twist of time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Heinberg does play it a bit safe so that a writer could take it either way but there were interviews on the Marvel site where he says that Doom would have conflicting emotions about the whole relationship. He did see that Wanda's plight was similar to what happened to his mother only she died as a consequence so in that respect she did win his sympathy at least for a while. No matter the outcome, Doom did keep her safe at time when Logan probably would have killed her if he knew where she was. She seemed more stable while there in Latveria than she was at any time after Dissassembled.

isn't it obvious? I've never seen a more obvious lie.
    see above. It's not all that obvious as you think. Even those on the scene had a mixed reaction to it. Wolverine thinks he was lying to protect her.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-30-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Caroline was undoubtedly conceived in the past in the times of King Arthur.

Heinberg does play it a bit safe so that a writer could take it either way but there were interviews on the Marvel site where he says that Doom would have conflicting emotions about the whole relationship. He did see that Wanda's plight was similar to what happened to his mother only she died as a consequence so in that respect she did win his sympathy at least for a while. No matter the outcome, Doom did keep her safe at time when Logan probably would have killed her if he knew where she was. She seemed more stable while there in Latveria than she was at any time after Dissassembled.
    she was stable because she had no memory of 'Disassembled.' no writer could honestly expect that to be a satisfying ending; with a defeated Doom claiming responsibility for the events. that's not how Doom operates. if he were behind it, we would have known when he was at full power. and look at the panel with Magneto and Quicksilver. they have them speaking because they both have it in their interests to back Doom's lie. Pietro is very quick with the "he said so himself." he's almost daring someone to disagree. that's a classic tell. Magneto is uncharacteristically blaise about the whole ordeal. but he doesn't look like he's buying it, either.

Caroline was undoubtedly conceived in the past in the times of King Arthur.
    ][/URL]
    point being that it's something that probably shouldn't have happened that did. they had her conceived in the past and transported to the present; because she's neither old enough to have been born in Morgan's time or young enough to be Doom's adult daughter. if they wanted Wanda to be his daughter (and she isn't), it's easily doable. because Doom's a magical time traveler. Pietro even has his eyebrows.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-30-2016 at 02:02 PM.