View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I am glad that they reconned them from both connections actually. In my mind, they were created in an Avenger comic for the Avengers. The Magneto connection came later. Since the Avengers came first in the creative sense, their lience should lie with the Avengers, so I side with Marvel and Disney with that.

Peter Parker's parents were Shield spies, but that didn't give Sony any right to mention THAT little tidbit of information in any of the Previous Spidy movies. Maybe now that could be different since Sony and Dis-Marvel are on good terms.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    I am glad that they reconned them from both connections actually. In my mind, they were created in an Avenger comic for the Avengers.
    They were created in X-Men #4 as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

I'm furious that they eliminated both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as mutants and children of Magneto.

Their connection to the X-men came first and then the Avengers...so for me this is unacceptable.
    So many good stories came from these two facts.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Scarlet Witch is an Avenger. That is what she should be. I don't care about her change of origin. She never wanted Magneto to be her father. The relationship never did her any good.

She's a fictional character, so she doesn't have emotions. It may not have done her good, but it did do the story good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    They were created in X-Men #4 as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
    My mistake then. Either way, for all intents and purposes, she's known more as an Avenger than Magneto's daughter and a mutant. When I was a kid, that's all I knew. It wasn't until I was much older and got into more comics did that fact come to me.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm glad the connection to Our Lord Magneto is gone. I've wanted it for years. However, what we got instead was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Magneto is my favorite villain in all of comics and him not having kids really removes a part of his character that I like. That is that he will go all out to protect the mutant race even if he has to use his children in order to do it.
    He's still got a kid... and perhaps more than one.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-22-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

My mistake then. Either way, for all intents and purposes, she's known more as an Avenger than Magneto's daughter and a mutant. When I was a kid, that's all I knew. It wasn't until I was much older and got into more comics did that fact come to me.
    I'd disagree that Wanda is more known as an Avenger than Magneto's daughter as, her status as his daughter is so wide spread that pretty much every adaption of her focuses on that fact as a major part of her character. The 90's X-Men cartoon made an episode out of it, X-Men Evolution made an entire character arc based on the fact, Wolverine and the X-Men had the Magnus family as the ruling power of Genosha, Super Hero Squad had an episode dedicated to the fact and the entire path of the Ultimate Universe was changed due to Wanda being Magneto's daughter as he lashed out at the world in revenge for her murder. A lot of significance through both comics and adaption is given to the twins relation to Magneto which makes the retcon star out all the more as how stupid it is since this is so far grounded into their character. And on top of that, as others have said, nothing substantial has even come of the retcon since. All they ever do is basically mention he's not their father and that's it. There was no reason for the retcon beyond spiteful politics.

The Avengers movies trump all cartoons, and she is not a mutant or Magneto's daughter in that.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If Magneto wasn't their father in the movies, that's fine. But leave the books alone. I've invested too much time, energy, imagination and money, and I'm too far gone now for them to retcon it. Whomever came up with the idea ought to be "Bova slapped."

Personally I haven't even bought a comic with either Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch in it since the retcon. I am doing what Brevoort says on his formspring and voting with my "dollars" or in my case euros. Interesting that the vast majority of even Avengers fans don't care for this retcon either.
    Last edited by blanchett; 05-22-2016 at 02:39 PM.

She's known more as an Avenger, but that doesn't mean the other stuff isn't important too - particularly since House of M with the Uncanny Avengers, AvX, etc. The retcon took out one half of her background.

Personally, I didn't even see the point behind the retcon. If the point was to make them more like the movies, their new origin isn't all that similar to the movie version either.

Don't like the retcon.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It was a dumb idea that gutted a big part of Wanda, Pietro, and Magneto's character. They spent 30 years building up the relationship between them and just flushed it away because of some weird pissing match with FOX.

I think you could ever get Brevoort to give and honest answer about anything these days even he would admit it was a dumb idea and they regret it now.