View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Boy, I miss the old Marvel.

Niffleheim

I'm glad that Marvel retconned a retcon. I've always found it hard to like the twins because of Magneto.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-23-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I despise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It was a dumb idea that gutted a big part of Wanda, Pietro, and Magneto's character. They spent 30 years building up the relationship between them and just flushed it away because of some weird pissing match with FOX.

I think you could ever get Brevoort to give and honest answer about anything these days even he would admit it was a dumb idea and they regret it now.
    The only hope that I have is how they left themselves with a back door with whatever Vision discovered that would devastate Wanda going open ended.

Yes I am and good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The only hope that I have is how they left themselves with a back door with whatever Vision discovered that would devastate Wanda going open ended.
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that ending. It's an escape hatch for when they inevitably retcon the retcon.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    She's known more as an Avenger, but that doesn't mean the other stuff isn't important too - particularly since House of M with the Uncanny Avengers, AvX, etc. The retcon took out one half of her background.
    The background still exists. It just has different meaning. It's like "remember when we thought the Franks were our parents?"
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

At first I was completely against it, and felt that it was really stupid.

But these days... I think I actually like it. Firstly, since it was a retcon anyway, and secondly because it had started to box Wanda and Pietro in - their relationship to Magneto had started defining them completely.

I really dislike that they aren't Mutants any more though... that was a god-awful idea. Questioning their parentage has storytelling potential - changing their mutant status doesn't.

In fact, much like others have said, it LESSENS the impact of now-iconic "No more mutants" -moment, and it INTERFERES with the original intent of the characters - as mutants, and the first evil mutants, to reform.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Seems to me, Magneto being their dad only ever became an issue in stories that ultimately hurt the characters. Good riddance.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

I let this video summarize my feelings on the situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

Ultimate Member

I don't like the retcon at all.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If Magneto wasn't their father in the movies, that's fine. But leave the books alone. I've invested too much time, energy, imagination and money, and I'm too far gone now for them to retcon it. Whomever came up with the idea ought to be "Bova slapped."
    Marvel has gone back to making their parentage less clear cut which is as it was in the beginning so no one needs any slapping. And need I remind everyone that Magneto's relationship itself was a retcon by Byrne and Claremont, inspired by the fact that the first time Magneto was drawn without his helmet by Neal Adams , his hair was colored white. Probably from age, and not a genetic thing since this is before he was regressed to a baby. But because Pietro hair was prematurely white naturally the two must he related. smh.

Bob Frank, who was in the first story that talked about their parentage, makes more sense as the father since he had speed powers also. I liked that they were the offspring of two golden age heroes, Bob and Madeline Frank. But the High Evolutionary has a big role in all this and the last thing I read had the Maximoffs as their parents. In any case, even if they weren't the biological parents they were the ones who raised them. Wanda and Pietro had no contact with Magento until they were adults. He's just a sperm donor since he didn't raise them.

Astonishing Member

I'm not even paying attention to it.

He's still their dad to me. It isn't changing now even if Marvel wants to act like it.

Squirrel Girl's still a mutant etc...

You just get used to stories that make no sense being published after a while.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'm not even paying attention to it.

He's still their dad to me. It isn't changing now even if Marvel wants to act like it.

Squirrel Girl's still a mutant etc...

You just get used to stories that make no sense being published after a while.
    Which is why I chose to ignore the Magneto retcon The orginal story of their birth shows only Madeline Frank being at Mount Wundagore where the twins were born. Later, they had to shoehorn Magda, a character created for the occassion, into being there at the same time and also about to give birth.

Hate it! Hate they aren't his kids anymore and that they're no longer mutants. It's added nothing to the characters and has only taken away from them.