View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, she was a deus ex machina, for that role anyway. Her powers explicitly didn't work that way, and her motivation was 'I flip out when reminded of something that I've known for years, because the writer didn't know that I knew.'

Why Bendis chose a character that A) wouldn't do that, and B) *couldn't* do that, when people like the High Evolutionary not only *would* do that, but had actually tried that in the past (and would again, years later, in the last New Warriors relaunch), I have no idea. The man's mind is a mystery. Apparently it was 'crap on Wanda' month.
    She was only meant as the catalyst. They didn't care if it didn't fit her normal personality or powers. She just needed to end the Avengers, so Bendis could start the New Avengers and depower mutants because they didn't want millions of them in the universe. Because Quesada thinks that millions of mutants in a world of billions of people makes them no longer a minority, lol. Even though you can still have a high population and still be marginalized. He's a doofus.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She was only meant as the catalyst. They didn't care if it didn't fit her normal personality or powers. She just needed to end the Avengers, so Bendis could start the New Avengers and depower mutants because they didn't want millions of them in the universe. Because Quesada thinks that millions of mutants in a world of billions of people makes them no longer a minority, lol. Even though you can still have a high population and still be marginalized. He's a doofus.
    And they still never explained what happened to the other 14.5 million mutants that just vanished

Astonishing Member

One can’t help but notice that since the “look what they’ve done to us”, they’ve worked themselves into doubling the number of Wanda’s “victims”

I mean I get it; the story of Krakoa needs a Great Satan; and Cassandra, Trask and BB aren’t available for various reasons, but yesh.