View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Another question I tend to look at regarding any retcon if it is opening up story line doors are closing them.
    I think the characters most hurt by this were Quicksilver and Polaris as they have less connections than Magneto and Scarlet Witch.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

First Wanda and Pietro's parentage was uprooted. And now we know Howard and Maria weren't Tony's parents but an Agent of SHIELD and some random dude.

I thought this was Marvel, not Maury.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Who's Jessica Drew's baby daddy?

Incredible Member

I think it's a load of crap and also something that will be back anyway, so I won't even entertain the idea. They didn't put the true parents and left it open because they will be his kids again.

I really don't get the point or what kind of incredible stories there are to tell. Magneto still plays Polaris no mind, scarlet witch still has undefined powers and quicksilver is a nicer jerk. (He was that in academy). So nothing epic happens from this whole thing except I guess the x-fans and avenger fans that hate the mix of avengers and x-men I guess.

Can we get the twins not being related at all next? The way the story goes now, I can see this coming.

BANNED

In the grand scheme of the mutant mythos and the Marvel comics universe in general retconning Wanda and Pietro's parentage served no more purpose then making Lorna Dane their sister (Remember Zaladane?) -- so, are we to ignore a Sentinels genetic DNA scan that reported that the twins both possessed the "X-Gene"? Are we to simply turn a blind eye to the fact that Pietro was one of many who lost their powers during Decimation? Why was Quicksilver affected when other non-mutants weren't? Spider-Man and the Inhumans retained their powers, so why not Quicksilver?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-27-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Ok, I tried this and this is funny.

Yes I'm pissed that he's not the father and that Q and SW are not mutants anymore. Terrible retcon!

Don't worry in a few years that retcon will be vanquished, after new writers undo this stupid decision.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Yes I'm pissed that he's not the father and that Q and SW are not mutants anymore. Terrible retcon!
    Again I have to remind people that Magneto as the father was a retcon in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Again I have to remind people that Magneto as the father was a retcon in the first place.
    Yeah, but this new retcon can't wave away tons of established detail like the comics showing that Madga gave birth the twins onscreen.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Or really the entire plot and thematic elements of Son of M.

Which is why the most annoying aspect of the retcon is that they are not mutants... a status that they have held since their first appearance in 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Which is why the most annoying aspect of the retcon is that they are not mutants... a status that they have held since their first appearance in 1964.
    I thought the most annoying aspect was the retcon happened in AXIS and then nothing was done with it afterwards. QS and SW were shunted on to a second tier Avengers team (Uncanny Avengers), that was separate from the epic Hickman was scribing on Avengers and New Avengers that led into Secret Wars. Wanda and Pietro missed the big happenings of the MU and nothing has been done with their Non-mutant status or parentage status. A lot like the pointless retcon of Tony Stark's parentage and the non-answer we were given to Jessica Drew's baby daddy plot.

How badly do you have to be hurting for ideas if you're resorting to maternity and paternity test story lines?

BANNED

I do not care one way or the other.

They weren't originally, then for ages they were, now they aren't again. I'm sure it'll change again in another decade or so.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

But it was one of those very few retcons that made all the characters involved better. The retcon of a retcon does nothing for any of the characters involved and in fact weakens them all. Wanda and Pietro were actually Magnetos kids LONGER in real time then when they were not. They were not related for just 19 or so years compared to them being family for over 30 since they were retconed into his kids in 1983.