Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Default 80's Blue Beetle

Hi, has anyone read the 80's Ted Kord solo series? I'm a big fan of the character, and was wondering if it was any good.
    Cyclops was right

I liked it. Len Wein wrote all 24 issues. My favorite stories were team ups with the Question & the original BB (Dan Garrett). It was more light hearted than the Question & Capt Atom series.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    I liked it. Len Wein wrote all 24 issues. My favorite stories were team ups with the Question & the original BB (Dan Garrett). It was more light hearted than the Question & Capt Atom series.
    Thanks for responding. By the way, did you read the Captain Atom series. I heard it was co-written by Greg Weisman.
    Cyclops was right

I'm a fan, especially of the aforementioned Question crossover and the Dan Garrett storyline. The Garrett story is definitely the high point of the series for me, although I also enjoyed the Chronos storyline from late in the series.

The Captain Atom series was excellent, especially the first 30 or so issues.

I really enjoyed it . . . but most people don't seem to like what I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsHammer View Post
    Thanks for responding. By the way, did you read the Captain Atom series. I heard it was co-written by Greg Weisman.
    Yes I did. I was a big Charlton Action Heroes fan in the late 60's. I liked what DC did to update Charlton's Big 3 - Blue Beetle/Capt Atom/The Question.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Yes I did. I was a big Charlton Action Heroes fan in the late 60's. I liked what DC did to update Charlton's Big 3 - Blue Beetle/Capt Atom/The Question.
    Sucks that so little of it is collected. Seems like the only way we're even going to get Beetle reprinted is in Black and White.
    Cyclops was right

Blue Beetle was a lot of fun - but I'd struggle to call it 'good'.

Hi, has anyone read the 80's Ted Kord solo series? I'm a big fan of the character, and was wondering if it was any good.
    Blue Beetle was pretty mediocre; Captain Atom was excellent.
    Jim Zimmerman
    co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum