Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,458

    Default 80's Blue Beetle

    Hi, has anyone read the 80's Ted Kord solo series? I'm a big fan of the character, and was wondering if it was any good.
    Cyclops was right

  2. #2

    Default

    I liked it. Len Wein wrote all 24 issues. My favorite stories were team ups with the Question & the original BB (Dan Garrett). It was more light hearted than the Question & Capt Atom series.

  3. #3
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    I liked it. Len Wein wrote all 24 issues. My favorite stories were team ups with the Question & the original BB (Dan Garrett). It was more light hearted than the Question & Capt Atom series.
    Thanks for responding. By the way, did you read the Captain Atom series. I heard it was co-written by Greg Weisman.
    Cyclops was right

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member Babylon23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    296

    Default

    I'm a fan, especially of the aforementioned Question crossover and the Dan Garrett storyline. The Garrett story is definitely the high point of the series for me, although I also enjoyed the Chronos storyline from late in the series.

    The Captain Atom series was excellent, especially the first 30 or so issues.

  5. #5
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,450

    Default

    I really enjoyed it . . . but most people don't seem to like what I really like.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsHammer View Post
    Thanks for responding. By the way, did you read the Captain Atom series. I heard it was co-written by Greg Weisman.
    Yes I did. I was a big Charlton Action Heroes fan in the late 60's. I liked what DC did to update Charlton's Big 3 - Blue Beetle/Capt Atom/The Question.

  7. #7
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Yes I did. I was a big Charlton Action Heroes fan in the late 60's. I liked what DC did to update Charlton's Big 3 - Blue Beetle/Capt Atom/The Question.
    Sucks that so little of it is collected. Seems like the only way we're even going to get Beetle reprinted is in Black and White.
    Cyclops was right

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,828

    Default

    Blue Beetle was a lot of fun - but I'd struggle to call it 'good'.

  9. #9
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsHammer View Post
    Hi, has anyone read the 80's Ted Kord solo series? I'm a big fan of the character, and was wondering if it was any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsHammer View Post
    Thanks for responding. By the way, did you read the Captain Atom series. I heard it was co-written by Greg Weisman.
    Blue Beetle was pretty mediocre; Captain Atom was excellent.
    Jim Zimmerman
    co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •