Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default How fast is fox's version of Quicksilver?

Peter is one of the few live adaption that is actually more powerful then his comic counter-part. Where do we track him at, in term of speed?

Mighty Member

From Days of Future Past? I didn't see anything that would put him radically beyond what comic QS could do. His best feat is the escape from the pentagon scene, and that has him comfortably faster than bullets, circling the room at a trot in about the time it takes the bullets to go 10 feet or so. Maybe Mach 5-10 or so?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I'd set Days of Future Past Quicksilver around Mach 15. Which is nowhere near a lot of the stuff he displayed in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Incredible Member

Also from X-men apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    From Days of Future Past? I didn't see anything that would put him radically beyond what comic QS could do. His best feat is the escape from the pentagon scene, and that has him comfortably faster than bullets, circling the room at a trot in about the time it takes the bullets to go 10 feet or so. Maybe Mach 5-10 or so?
    He could also do super-speed blurs while already moving at "bullets are practically still" levels of speed.

I'm wondering if he has some sort of time manipulation base for his powers in the movies, seeing as how his walkman seemed to be working at super speed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post
    Peter is one of the few live adaption that is actually more powerful then his comic counter-part. Where do we track him at, in term of speed?

Nah, it's more like Peter is one of, and possibly the only, speedster to be written in a PIS-free or nearly PIS-free manner. Comic Quicksilver is written much more like Age of Ultron movie Quicksilver, a speedster who routinely has PIS keeping him from stealing the show. Or like TV Flash. But Peter, Peter is written like a CBR character, or damned close to it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Nah, it's more like Peter is one of, and possibly the only, speedster to be written in a PIS-free or nearly PIS-free manner. Comic Quicksilver is written much more like Age of Ultron movie Quicksilver, a speedster who routinely has PIS keeping him from stealing the show. Or like TV Flash. But Peter, Peter is written like a CBR character, or damned close to it.
    Which is why he was sent away for the final battles, because his daddy knew he'd just get crotch-punched by his son a few dozen times and there would be nothing he could do about it when he decided to hijack the villain seat.

Mach 45-50 based on the bullets to his frame of reference. Explosions look almost none moving in the Apocalypse trailer so he may be even faster in it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Mach 45-50 based on the bullets to his frame of reference. Explosions look almost none moving in the Apocalypse trailer so he may be even faster in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dO_vWt5Bo

^
    Link contains his absolute best feat of the Apocalypse movie. Make of it what you will. Contains SPOILERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dO_vWt5Bo

^
    Link contains his absolute best feat of the Apocalypse movie. Make of it what you will. Contains SPOILERS.
    SPOILER RESPONSE

I couldn't help myself. I had to click.
    So, an explosion usually travel's between mach 5 - mach 25...and it took a good 2 minutes, which QS used to move multiple people something like half a mile each out of the house. This not including the fact there was 20 seconds or so before where QS was looking around. I'm no calc master, but this seems like a pretty blatant fraction of light speed feat.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 05-23-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Apocalypse gave him a CRAZY new feat.
    I'd say he is safely near lightspeed.

Fast enough I wish they would just kill him off so they don't have to figure out to explain why QS doesn't just end the movie himself
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

He...moonwalked. He...he paused...he paused to...moonwalk...in the middle of an explosion.

Yes because he was only there for one scene and then they found an excuse to get rid of him because the challenges that took place in the rest of the movie would have not been any challenge or they would have had to find a way to sucker punch him to get him out of the picture- literally.
    Power with Girl is better.

AoU peter actually got tired, which was nice to see
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html