Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    ?
    I was talking about Fox Peter, not AOU Pietro.
    Huh. Forgot AOU Pietro ever doing that, so mea culpa. In my defence, AOU Pietro is very easy to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    Huh. Forgot AOU Pietro ever doing that, so mea culpa. In my defence, AOU Pietro is very easy to forget.
    Bet he didn't see that coming.

Having seen the movie, and having had time to think it over, I have come to a classification on Pietro's speed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Having seen the movie, and having had time to think it over, I have come to a classification on Pietro's speed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0
    LOL, this sounds like a the right speed to me.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I saw the movie. Quick's speed is indeed a fraction of c or maybe 1-5% of light speed, which also aligns with his other speed feats near the end. Specifically, quick never seems to be trying his hardest in any of his feats...

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I saw the movie. Quick's speed is indeed a fraction of c or maybe 1-5% of light speed, which also aligns with his other speed feats near the end. Specifically, quick never seems to be trying his hardest in any of his feats...
    You sure? .05c is around Mach 43,000, or 33.5 million mph. People tend to misjudge the gulf between sound speed and lightspeed, so just making sure.

I'll slap a disclaimer on here that I haven't seen the movie yet, but...I mean, dang, that's pretty high-level stuff. I'll go see it when I can; but I'm in the middle of moving, my vehicle broke down, and the closest theater is about 35 miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    You sure? .05c is around Mach 43,000, or 33.5 million mph. People tend to misjudge the gulf between sound speed and lightspeed, so just making sure.

I'll slap a disclaimer on here that I haven't seen the movie yet, but...I mean, dang, that's pretty high-level stuff. I'll go see it when I can; but I'm in the middle of moving, my vehicle broke down, and the closest theater is about 35 miles.
    Yes.

Quick basically did this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxAXhwLyxBk

Times 1000. The distance between where he moved them and Clark to close is about the same IMO.
    Clark moved faster than anyone could see, quick moved faster than an explosion can travel an inch each time he was evacuating someone.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 05-29-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Mighty Member

A chemical explosion was noticeably moving while QS was running around. That is nowhere near 1% of C. Hundreds of times the speed of sound, maybe a couple of thousand even, but not close to 8800. In that Smallville clip, Clark is covering a much smaller distance, but time is essentially frozen throughout, nothing is moving at all.
    Last edited by StupidMoniker; 05-29-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Correct. Moving at even 1% light pretty much means everything is frozen to you. Peter, regardless of how hard he's trying, showed that even though he moves faster than any type of perception, there were things still moving, even if only fractionally, while he was.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Correct. Moving at even 1% light pretty much means everything is frozen to you. Peter, regardless of how hard he's trying, showed that even though he moves faster than any type of perception, there were things still moving, even if only fractionally, while he was.
    The bee flapping its wings puts things at the start of the sequence somewhere approximately 1000 times faster than normal (bees flap wings something like ~250 times a second and it takes the bug 4 seconds to complete a flap) or something in the broad bracket of mach 5.

He accelerates farther than that immediately afterwards, but I really saw nothing at all in that whole sequence that would put Quicksilver into the region of c fractional anything.

Honestly, some of it seems more like a stylistic thing than anything else.

Remember in part 1, he casually moved past this little room and comically put down all the guards before the bullets travelled what, 5 meters at best?

So by all logical means, the car (among other things) in part 2 SHOULD be standing still.

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    A chemical explosion was noticeably moving while QS was running around. That is nowhere near 1% of C. Hundreds of times the speed of sound, maybe a couple of thousand even, but not close to 8800. In that Smallville clip, Clark is covering a much smaller distance, but time is essentially frozen throughout, nothing is moving at all.
    The fastest moving object in the smallville clip is a 40-50 mph football...much slower than a chemical explosion

Quicksilver is covering twice Clark's distance, 32 separate times back and forth(33 if you count the dog)... doing superspeed while in superspeed mode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleFreezer View Post
    The fastest moving object in the smallville clip is a 40-50 mph football...much slower than a chemical explosion

Quicksilver is covering twice Clark's distance, 32 separate times back and forth(33 if you count the dog)... doing superspeed while in superspeed mode.
    Yes, there is nothing in the Smallville clip to say he his going faster or slower than Quicksilver, because there is nothing by which to time Clark. There are things moving in the QS clip which puts an upper bound on how fast he is going. It can't be said that QS is going 1000 times as fast as Clark, because we only have a lower bound for Clark. Clark could be going mach 500, or he could be going .999 c.

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

here's my very rough calc of QS's speed

Speed of blastwave in SlowMo .01 m/s
    Speed of Quicksilver in SlowMo 30 m/s
    Quicksilver is going 3000 times faster than the Blastwave in SLowmo

Speed of a Blastwave in Real time: 8000 m/s
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/outrun-explosion2.htm

(8000/ms) * 3000 = 24,000,000 m/s

Quicksilver is doing 53,686,471 mph...or 8% lightspeed

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Honestly, some of it seems more like a stylistic thing than anything else.

Remember in part 1, he casually moved past this little room and comically put down all the guards before the bullets travelled what, 5 meters at best?

So by all logical means, the car (among other things) in part 2 SHOULD be standing still.
    Eh, I tend to not mind the car moving or the Bee flapping it's wings, because QS subsequently showed that he can move at even higher levels of superspeed even while already moving fast enough to have the world slow down to that degree. Remember, he didn't just grab people and evacuate in a comical fashion, he was shown actually searching the place, up to at least looking under the beds, in order to make sure he didn't miss anyone.