Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: AMC's Preacher

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    So the pope taking a subordinate out by sitting on his face and turning it into a blood nova is training wheels? God damn the source material must be insane.
    Jesse's best friend growing up was a one-eyed inbred kid named Billy-Bob Bobbs.

Seriously.

Edit: Never mind...

- Si Coltrane
    - Paul Bridges/John Tool
    - The Fate Of Jesse's Dog Duke
    - Miss Oatlash
    - "Comics" Odin Quincannon
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-05-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Jesse's best friend growing up was a one-eyed inbred kid named Billy-Bob Bobbs.

Seriously.

Edit: Never mind...

- Si Coltrane
    - Paul Bridges/John Tool
    - The Fate Of Jesse's Dog Duke
    - Miss Oatlash
    - "Comics" Odin Quincannon

I think this show would be enjoyable to watch others watch too. I wish I knew devout catholics so I could see their reactions to some of the scenes from season 3, like this latest episode that was so over the top with this insane pope.

See, people always try too hard with comedy, sometimes, the basics like hyperbole are all you need. That is what shows like married with children were built on, and so are characters like the pope.

One fan's grumble...

While the "Cassidy" story line is keeping the plot of Cassidy's solo issue intact(potentially minus a couple of details), the main story line is sacrificing a faithful telling of "Until The End Of The World" in order to attempt to tell a half-baked version of "Proud Americans".

For all of this shows failings, this has easily been the most depressing one.

So 7 fucking episodes now (out of 10) and Hitler and Eugene have had what, 15 minutes of screentime in total maybe?
    Keep in mind, both are billed as main characters in the intro.

Total sellout.

Also, Hitler's german was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So 7 fucking episodes now (out of 10) and Hitler and Eugene have had what, 15 minutes of screentime in total maybe?
    Keep in mind, both are billed as main characters in the intro.

Total sellout.

Also, Hitler's german was pretty bad.
    While I am grumbling...

In addition to that, none of that time has revolved around Jesse's responsibility to Eugene.

It's just infuriating.

The degree to which this show is severing ties with the source material is getting laughable.

This last episode was fun enough. I'll see what they do with the finale next week. Not sure if it was renewed, not sure if I care.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This last episode was fun enough. I'll see what they do with the finale next week. Not sure if it was renewed, not sure if I care.
    I'm not sure AMC cares.

Unless I completely missed it, they are not even bothering with a Talking Preacher for the season finale on Sunday.

So...

Figuring in how things ended up, I wonder how much longer they are planning for the show to go on.

- If you think about the "Dixie Fried" arc? Most of that's been done, or won't make much sense to go back to.
    - "War In The Sun"? I guess it could happen?
    - "Salvation"? They've already used most of those characters, and have eliminated the possibility that others will show up.
    - "All Hell's A-Coming"? Possible, but a lot of that is out in the open.
    - "Alamo"? Guess it could happen?

Not exactly the most exciting slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    You guys saying this season has been bad have terrible taste. This season is GREAT!
    I agree. It's a great show.
    I was a huge fan of the comic book series but I really don't care if they are severing ties with the source material.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

I didn't enjoy most of this season, though the final 2 episodes drew me back in somewhat.
    Live true or lie well.

I hope it comes back for another season...looking above at a couple of comments about lack of screen time for Hitler and Eugene- I feel like that will change with season 4 (assuming it comes back) and the comment above about Jesse's responsibility for Eugene I feel will explored more in season 4 as well (with some of the comments by Eugene about "the Preacher that sent me here...and left me here")

I think they SORT OF tied things up in a way to end it should it not get renewed with the exception of Cassidy, really. But I do hope it gets at least one more season. I embraced the source material changes and just rolled with it...and it's a fun show if you don't worry so much about what they are or are not doing from the comics.

For better or worse, there is certainly nothing else really like it on TV right now. And if nothing else...I enjoy it for it's uniqueness.

My main problem is, unlike the comic, I dislike 2 of the 3 main characters. Hat Tulip and have no affinity for Jesse. Tulip's nastiness to God comes off belligerent and dumb, I suppose it was meant to be cool. I'm not talking about any religious thing here, she just doesn't ever think things through. Jesse, I don't know what he wants, his motivations are not clear as they were in the comic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My main problem is, unlike the comic, I dislike 2 of the 3 main characters. Hat Tulip and have no affinity for Jesse. Tulip's nastiness to God comes off belligerent and dumb, I suppose it was meant to be cool. I'm not talking about any religious thing here, she just doesn't ever think things through. Jesse, I don't know what he wants, his motivations are not clear as they were in the comic.
    I totally agree on Jesse...they don't give him a clear reason for...well...much of anything, really.

I think Tulip's nastiness toward God may have something to do with race. She was white in the comic book, but we now have a Black actress portraying the character. Now, consider how white people in America have used Christianity and the Christian God to manipulate Black people. Tulip may harbor some resentment on that score and she takes out that resentment on God.