Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AMC's Preacher

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wait, really?

I just want every person in Hell in a room with Pinhead, like yesterday.
    I don't mean care about like want him to be okay. I mean be interested in the character and his story.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't mean care about like want him to be okay. I mean be interested in the character and his story.
    Ah, copy that.

It is certainly a bit more interesting than some of what has been happening.

I gave up on it as of last week. I may binge the rest of the season once it's over. I just don't care about Jesse tulip or cassiday. Hitler and arse face were more interesting.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Incredible Member

I'll give credit where credit is due.

They went up to certain tropes and then went nope.

Jeez...

Just when I think this show cannot get any more stupid, it says "Just a minute. I know I have a pair of clown shoes and some "Hammer" pants here somewhere."

Whatever "Worst" was in my head, these idiots beat it by a mile.

If they put have the time into actually telling the story that is in the comics that they put into nods to Forrest Gump in their flashbacks to Jesse's teen years, they would be getting somewhere.

Utterly disappointing.

In less than surprising news, they managed to botch casting two of the most important roles. Not getting my hopes up for T.C., either.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/preacher...-3-1202282237/

Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split) and Colin Cunningham (Blood Drive, Falling Skies) are set as series regulars, and Jeremy Childs (The Last Castle, Nashville) and Liz McGeever (Star, Nashville) will recur on the upcoming third season of AMC’s Preacher.

Based on the popular cult comic book franchise, Preacher is a supernatural and darkly comedic drama that follows a Texas preacher named Jesse Custer, played by Dominic Cooper, who is inhabited by a mysterious entity called Genesis that gives him the power to make people do whatever he commands.

Buckley will play Gran’ma, a spiritist with true powers, who can cast spells and even bring back the dead (for a price). Cunningham will portray TC, a man born of the bayou and the loyal caretaker and soldier for Gran’ma. Childs is Jody, the enforcer for Gran’ma and the only man Jesse’s never beaten in a fight. McGeever will play Christina. Capable and efficient, Christina has a face that lures customers in for her family business. Christina hides it well, but she hates her job and has dreams and aspirations outside of her current life – but suffers to protect her child.

Factoring in that I'm not really a fan, this actually manages to look worse than even I thought it would. This show never fails to bum.

Jeez, this just keeps getting worse...

Trailer for the upcoming season. Sounds like Jody is going to have an "In The Movies!" Cajun accent. What a mess.

Incredible Member

I don't know. The Preacher comic is good, but it isn't inscribed on a holy tablet, for god's sake. It's just source material. The show does different **** and tweaks the tone a bit, but I still enjoy it. Those videos got me kind of hyped. Why so negative?

Incredible Member

man looking forward to it, but finally got to see legion season 1 and it's a hard act to follow.

It kinda fills the same niche.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    man looking forward to it, but finally got to see legion season 1 and it's a hard act to follow.

It kinda fills the same niche.
    Man, we're talking about the folks behind the television version of Fargo versus the folks behind Sausage Party.

That ain't even a contest.

What is this garbage...

BANNED

Why is it that no Preacher clip ever has been playable in Belgium? Do they not want my money?