View Poll Results: Is spider-man reign worth reading?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 👍

3 60.00%
  • 👎

1 20.00%
  • it depands (write in the comments)

1 20.00%
    Galorkh

Question Spider-Man Reign

Did you heard about spider-man reign?
    Pls give me your review

I enjoyed it. It's an interesting standalone storyline, with a lot of homages to Dark Knight Returns.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Of course it is! Takes very little time, and what else will you be doing with that time - playing XBox 360 or something? Pshaw, read it, you'll have no regrets.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

iMan 42s

Not bad. Easy to make fun of, but a quick read and if your in the mood for it the book is worth it.
    It definitely draws influence from the Dark knight returns in that an aging superhero comes out of retirement and ends up fighting a corrupt regime, but its done in a spidey style and is kind of cool.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Not bad. Easy to make fun of, but a quick read and if your in the mood for it the book is worth it.
    It definitely draws influence from the Dark knight returns in that an aging superhero comes out of retirement and ends up fighting a corrupt regime, but its done in a spidey style and is kind of cool.
    You can make fun of it for certain elements and revelations, but when you look at those parts a little deeper, it does become incredibly depressing and heartbreaking. If you found out that you were accidentally killing the person you loved most just by expressing that love, how would you honestly feel or react?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It is certainly worth reading but not essential IMO. It most definitely apes DKR quite a bit but that is not really my main issue with it; rather, it is an overwhelming bleak and depressing tale, adjectives I don't usually assign to a Spidey story.

Extraordinary Member

I loved it.

It does have it's flaws but I found myself engrossed by the entire thing and how it lifted itself from a dark and depressing deconstruction to a bright and hopeful story about classic super heroism.