Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Fate of "Prime Earth" (New 52) Superman Speculation

So far, we have seen the solicits and so far it has a mixed reception due to Superdad hijacking the titles. Some of the creative teams look good, others...not so much. Aside from Kon we seen to have been missing a pretty big character and that is New 52 Superman. So far the character is missing. Sure there is an LA Times interview that might share some light, but given the solicits today I'm not sure.

What could have happened to the man of tomorrow ?

Speculate

edit: Sorry about the title. Did not notice until I posted it.

My guess is that he appears to die in Rebirth. A final panel or something shows Clark Kent alive and on Earth but without powers and without a memory, wandering around. This is the last we see of him for months until Superdad's story is over. That's my tempered hope based on the info thus far.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

New 52 Superman is gonna lose his powers. He is the confusing Clark in Metropolis and The Super-Man will get some and so will Super Woman.

I don't think he's the "Clark" in Metropolis in the Action run. That sounds like something else entirely.

If I had to take a guess right now I'd say that one ends up being Matrix, back somehow due to Rebirth events.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Loses his powers and "dies" during either Rebirth or Super League. Mysteriously returns as Clark Kent in Action Comics, might suffer from some memory loss.

Things happen, and with a Superman already in Metropolis, he decides to travel world and will hopefully show up in Batgirl and maybe even become a recurring character in that series.

The last part is just wishful thinking, but it'd so great to see Hope Larson write New 52 Clark Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My guess is that he appears to die in Rebirth. A final panel or something shows Clark Kent alive and on Earth but without powers and without a memory, wandering around. This is the last we see of him for months until Superdad's story is over. That's my tempered hope based on the info thus far.
    I think he will die as well. And his powers are transferred into different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Loses his powers and "dies" during either Rebirth or Super League. Mysteriously returns as Clark Kent in Action Comics, might suffer from some memory loss.

Things happen, and with a Superman already in Metropolis, he decides to travel world and will hopefully show up in Batgirl and maybe even become a recurring character in that series.

The last part is just wishful thinking, but it'd so great to see Hope Larson write New 52 Clark Kent.
    What makes you say he will appear in Batgirl?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What makes you say he will appear in Batgirl?
    I'm hoping he will, but what makes it a possibility is that Batgirl is going to be travelling around Asia in her own series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    I'm hoping he will, but what makes it a possibility is that Batgirl is going to be travelling around Asia in her own series.
    I haven't paid attention to anything outside of Superman and WW. But that's nice. Really depends on what really happens to New 52 Superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Goddamn, I hope you're right.

My most hopeful prediction:

He appears to 'die'. As a consequence of him dying, the whole world thinks "Clark Kent is dead" (thus the question in the solicit on who is the new Clark Kent). Pre-Flashpoint Superman takes the spotlight, taking advantage of the fact that Clark Kent died, and poses as the real, ordinary joe "Clark Kent" that actually existed all along, but the 'deceased' Superman had taken the identity of. Nobody would suspect that the new Superman would also pose as the real Clark Kent, when the previous Superman already did.

What follows is a "Reign of Superman" - pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lex Luthor, Chinese Superman, Superwoman etc.

In the end, something happens - Darkseid, or whatnot - and New 52 Superman appears at the end - pre-Flashpoint Superman dies, and passes on the mantle (something which we didn't have after Flashpoint), after they both vanquish the enemy.

This would mirror E2 (Golden Age) Superman passing on the mantle to post-COIE Superman in Infinite Crisis, and just as emotional.

New 52 Superman takes Jon Kent (Superman's son) under his wing, having a brother-more-than-father relationship that Bruce/Dick have in Batman, and we follow their evolution, and New 52 Superman living up to what Pre-Flashpoint Superman hoped he would be.

The story continues..

My most dire prediction:

The first part of the above, only with New 52 Superman actually dying, and pre-Flashpoint Superman taking his place permanently.

That would be a nightmare.

I'm ok with Superdad staying temporarily. But he should eventually do his own thing. Give this new guy a chance. You have 20 years of story Already.

Well, we know that the big villain of Super League has some sort of connection to Clark's solar flare power.

So my guess is that at the end of Super League, or in the Rebirth Special, Clark uses the flare and pushes himself to an extreme to defeat this mysterious villain, and he seemingly dies in the blast, atomizing himself Barry Allen style. The solar energy he releases condenses and ends up in the new Super-Man in China, and Superwoman, whoever she might be.

Superdad takes his place in Metropolis.

Superman however, isnt actually dead. He's powerless, and since his secret identity is out and his old life is gone, he just goes off somewhere, hopefully doing the humanitarian thing like he was in Future's End. Or maybe he doesnt remember his old life at all. Either way, he's off the board but available, for when DC needs another short-sighted sales spike.

Alternatively, the same situation might play out but Superdad gets involved, somehow sharing his energy with Superman in an attempt to prevent Superman from burning himself to a cinder, and the two merge. This doesnt explain where the "extra" Clark Kent comes from however, so my money right now is on option #1.

Looking at these two, I think Ive changed my opinion and if these are my only choices, Id rather see him and his history merge with Superdad's. At least that way we wouldn't have two versions of Clark and Lois running around.

Do we know if there are two Lois Lanes?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

All of this hurts my head so I'll let you guys tell me what happens!

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Goddamn, I hope you're right.

My most hopeful prediction:

He appears to 'die'. As a consequence of him dying, the whole world thinks "Clark Kent is dead" (thus the question in the solicit on who is the new Clark Kent). Pre-Flashpoint Superman takes the spotlight, taking advantage of the fact that Clark Kent died, and poses as the real, ordinary joe "Clark Kent" that actually existed all along, but the 'deceased' Superman had taken the identity of. Nobody would suspect that the new Superman would also pose as the real Clark Kent, when the previous Superman already did.

What follows is a "Reign of Superman" - pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lex Luthor, Chinese Superman, Superwoman etc.

In the end, something happens - Darkseid, or whatnot - and New 52 Superman appears at the end - pre-Flashpoint Superman dies, and passes on the mantle (something which we didn't have after Flashpoint), after they both vanquish the enemy.

This would mirror E2 (Golden Age) Superman passing on the mantle to post-COIE Superman in Infinite Crisis, and just as emotional.

New 52 Superman takes Jon Kent (Superman's son) under his wing, having a brother-more-than-father relationship that Bruce/Dick have in Batman, and we follow their evolution, and New 52 Superman living up to what Pre-Flashpoint Superman hoped he would be.

The story continues..

My most dire prediction:

The first part of the above, only with New 52 Superman actually dying, and pre-Flashpoint Superman taking his place permanently.

That would be a nightmare.
    Hey Godofboredom, I like your hopeful scenario, I do hope you have something there...but sadly I'm not sure and I can't see myself buying in to rebirth Superman, if actually PF Superman is cemented back into continuity....sigh!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Do we know if there are two Lois Lanes?
    No one's mentioned it either way yet, but I think there's still two. Sadly, for me, merging is just as much an immersion killer for me as alternate characters, so this is a pretty crappy option as far as I'm concerned too. Especially seeing as how the "dominant" personality is clearly the pre-FP Superman. For me its not that much different than killing New 52 Superman off.

So I'm sticking with the hope New 52 Superman is off in parts unknown. For at least that chance he could come back. That is of course unless Didio's "MOST CONTROVERSIAL THING EVAR" is New 52 Superman being clearly killed in some gory fashion.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-28-2016 at 04:12 PM.