Super Moderator

Default D'Onofrio Comments On Possibility Of Kingpin In "Spider-Man: Homecoming"

The "Daredevil" actor says it would "be great" to leap out of the Netflix series and appear in "Spider-Man" as Wilson Fisk.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Oh, please! Please, please, please, pleeeeaase!

If they can write as superb a role as in DD then, please Marvel, do so!

Fantastic Member

The scene where he pulls out the note pad of prepared fat jokes in USM.... Tom Holland would pull that off.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

This would be GREAT! (with a DD/JJ cameo to boot?)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

As much as I would love to see this happen, I very much doubt we would see such a big crossover between the Netflix shows and the movies.

BANNED

This is all I've wanted in a Spider-man movie from the very beginning, a bad guy who is actually, unabashedly "bad" and not a victim of circumstance or science gone wrong. That being said, the fact that D'Onofrio's Kingpin wouldn't really pose any kind of physical threat to Spider-Man in a fight would somewhat undercut such an appearance for me

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As much as I would love to see this happen, I very much doubt we would see such a big crossover between the Netflix shows and the movies.
    It wouldn't have to be a crossover, per se. They could easily insert Kingpin into a Spider-Man movie without making any direct acknowledgment of the Daredevil TV show.

Incredible Member

What would be the problem? The Marvel Netflix shows already exist within the MCU. Kingpin appearing with Spidey now would be no different than when Samuel Jackson has appeared on "Agents of SHIELD." Heck, if Tony Stark was monitoring "enhanced people" activity enough to go and track down Spidey I would have loved to see him bring Daredevil into "Civil War" too!

I'd love to see the Kingpin show up in a Spider-Man movie, but I'm not sure he would bring the right kind of presence. Usually for an MCU movie, there has to be a villain that can create a spectacle. The Kingpin, especially as he comes across in Daredevil, goes out of his way to avoid that. He's avoids the headlines and making something that could blow up in his face. So if he has a role in this movie, it would be minor. I can see him working with someone like Vulture or Oscorp, but I'd rather he keep his position in Daredevil.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

That would be awesome more smashing people's heads with a car door!!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

The Wilson Fisk from Netflix seems so tonally different from the Spider-Man in the movie that I don't think they fit together. Fisk makes sense as a continuing presence in "DD" because we saw his origin there - we saw him develop. Pluck him out of that and stick him in a Spider-Man movie and I'm not sure if it floats as well. I know there's been a lot of synergy lately, but I don't see it happening in the tv --> movie direction in the same way with the same presumption of familiarity with the character - especially not if you're throwing a Netflix Daredevil character in front of an audience that has seen Spider-Man movies or the Civil War movie and assume they saw Fisk on Netflix...

And last we saw, Fisk was still in prison. Even if he re-establishes himself in another Netflix show between now and when the Spider-Man movie comes out, wouldn't it seem like a disservice to see him get taken down by Spider-Man instead of DD or The Defenders? Maybe I'm missing something - if Feige decides to do it, I'm sure it'd turn out well....