Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

It seems like Johns is hearing all the complaints from the last few years and decided to fix them. Nice!

Although he shouldn't be so fixated on putting Ollie and Dinah back together. That's one of the things that simply never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If this story goes the way I think it's going, it seems DC is almost completely waking back the nu52.

And to attribute the changes to Dr Manhattan. I'm still stunned.

I have to give Johns and Didio credit. Those guys have balls.
    That would be rather stupid. The whole point of Dr. Manhatten was the fact that he couldn't change a thing.
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If this story goes the way I think it's going, it seems DC is almost completely waking back the nu52.

And to attribute the changes to Dr Manhattan. I'm still stunned.

I have to give Johns and Didio credit. Those guys have balls.
    I don't think it's going the way you think. The new52 will still be the main history, there's just some stuff that people will either remember from the previous continuity (which will guide their decisions moving forward in the new one) or some actual history will be inserted that is more like the past continuity.

As I've said in another thread, we might find out that Green Arrow and Black Canary dated and then forgot about it, but the stuff that has happened to them both in the new52 will still be there. It will just be enough to lead them to get to know each other again (for the first time, as it were).

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I don't think it's going the way you think. The new52 will still be the main history, there's just some stuff that people will either remember from the previous continuity (which will guide their decisions moving forward in the new one) or some actual history will be inserted that is more like the past continuity.

As I've said in another thread, we might find out that Green Arrow and Black Canary dated and then forgot about it, but the stuff that has happened to them both in the new52 will still be there. It will just be enough to lead them to get to know each other again (for the first time, as it were).
    Dead on. Thus far, the only actual continuity changes I can see are Superdad's presence, the restoration of the original Teen Titans, and the lengthening of te five-year gap — and at least two of these things can be attributed to Convergence rather than Rebirth.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Starocotes View Post
    That would be rather stupid. The whole point of Dr. Manhatten was the fact that he couldn't change a thing.
    In his own universe, yes.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Dead on. Thus far, the only actual continuity changes I can see are Superdad's presence, the restoration of the original Teen Titans, and the lengthening of te five-year gap — and at least two of these things can be attributed to Convergence rather than Rebirth.
    Ted Kord? Dr. Fate?
    Lets see where this all leads. The return of Dr. Fate could get me back to read some DC Comics.

That is the point. He couldn't change anything and only see a linear timeline. He was an analoge to the reader who can browse back and forward in the comic but could not change the comic in any way. Incorporating the Watchmen characters in anything multiversal would show that guys at DC don't understand the basics of their bestselling book .... or don't care for it.

That is the point. He couldn't change anything and only see a linear timeline. He was an analoge to the reader who can browse back and forward in the comic but could not change the comic in any way. Incorporating the Watchmen characters in anything multiversal would show that guys at DC don't understand the basics of their bestselling book .... or don't care for it.
    Maybe now he's a stand-in for comic book fans who get a hold of their favorite characters/universes and then just start messing with them ?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

In fact, it might be the very fact that Dr. Manhattan seemed so impotent to change things in his universe that compels him to take another shot at it in somebody else's universe.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I'd lean toward “don't care for it”. I can sympathize; I don't care for it either. I can appreciate it, and understand it; but I don't like it.
    Rogue wears rouge.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

That really only applies if creativity stagnates.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In fact, it might be the very fact that Dr. Manhattan seemed so impotent to change things in his universe that compels him to take another shot at it in somebody else's universe.

Again: The Point of Dr. Manhatten was that he could not "travel" through time (because time travel was not possible) he could "see" time. He basically existed at all times simultaniously. Since time travel was not possible the idea of different universes doesn't exist in this frame of reference.
    With all Alan Moore wrote in Watchmen it is clear that there are no "other universes".

I see the need to fix the mess they created with the New52 and I can understand that they wanted to use the characters from their best selling book, but the fact that they do this shows to me that not only do they NOT really understand the characters Alan Moore created, they don't have the slightes clue WAY Watchmen was such a success.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

On the nose like a fist.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

DC's Post-REBIRTH theme song:

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

This is all pretty stupid, as powerful as Manhattan was he couldn't change a thing and even he had his limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Superman died pretty horrible.
    Yeah.. my hopes have died with this young superman..