Default Legends of Tomorrow (the comic book)

We had a thread on the first issue, but not (at least as far as I saw) on the second and third. Although I haven't bought any of the issues, I'm wondering waht people think of it. I do enjoy Metamorpho, as a rule.

Sandy Hausler

It's a mixed bag as one might expect, but I think it's safe to say there's something in it for everyone. I've enjoyed the Firestorm section, but if you're a Jason fan it probably bites as he got sidelined fast. The Metal Men kind of bring a smile to my face as it's continued the "We save as many as we can" hero angle.

I thought I'd like Sugar and Spike, but it's the one I can do without.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I've enjoyed the Legends of Tomorrow comic so far, I think all of the stories are pretty enjoyable. I think my favorite series in the book is Sugar & Spike .
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Metamorpho: I appreciate the worldbuilding that Aaron is putting into this. He's giving so much depth to Rex, Sapphire, Simon and even Java. Metamorpho is usually known as a comedic relief character, but im glad that the writer went this route.

Firestorm: Multiplex is presented as a credible threat, which is awesome because Firestorm's villains are always used as fodder. I was never a fan of Jason, so him being sidelined works for me.

Metal Men: They bought the saucer back! That is all

I hope LoT gets a second volume.

BANNED

I think it's pretty good. Not sure why Sugar has to be such a b-word all the time...

Astonishing Member

Firestorm is really solid storytelling. Conway's voice - particularly in the case of Martin Stein - is pretty on point. It's not the most groundbreaking Firestorm story you could ever imagine, but it covers the basics pretty well. Nuclear scientists. Military interventionists. Renegade Multiplexes. Ronnie being Ronnie, okay Jason stuff - particularly with his dad, and decent subversion with their friend ... Tonya? I'm blanking on if that's her name or not. The art is effectively "DC House Style". The coloring is pretty nice. I don't think it would support a solo but it's a pretty welcome piece of anthology.

Metamorpho is a similar level of story and workmanship, but with some interesting twists that play around with the classic Metamorpho origin and throw some new connections in there that sort of work. It's not the most high-stakes story ever, but it's pretty and reads well and gets Metamorpho back into the scheme of things.

Metal Men follows a bit more on some of the stuff introduced in Geoff Johns's Justice League appearances of the Metal Men and T.O. Morrow and Will Magnus and their N52 relationship and its mild callbacks to their ties in Fifty-Two. The art here as well is somewhat what you'd call "DC House Style", but I don't mean New 52 house style, all of the artists, Lopresti, whoever else, fit more into the kind of 2000s "neo-classic" mold, like lesser versions of an Ivan Reis or something, but still quite nice to look at.

Sugar & Spike is the money for me. I love the concept. I love the nature of dredging up the most embarrassing things in superhero chronological appearances and I like their weird attitudes, too. And the art is gorgeous.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Thankfully I'm enjoying all of the features. Definitely makes it worth the price tag.

Is this supposed to be a mini-series or is it an ongoing? I can't tell. And if it is ongoing will all the features change or rotate or maybe just some of them? Is this all TBD? Do we even know?

I'm enjoying each story, no real misses for me.

FIRESTORM is harkening back to his original series and is very cool. I like Jason as a character, but never really saw the need for both him and Ronnie as part of the matrix. One of them with Stein works better for me, though I do enjoy their bickering. Funny how Multiplex is a bigger threat to Firestorm with his vast array of powers, but kept getting his ass(es) handed to him by Midnighter. Heh.

SUGAR AND SPIKE has been a pleasant surprise so far. I'd read more of them if Giffen was handling it.

METAMORPHO has been fun so far; making his origins more science fiction than mystical. I like it! I wonder how/if they will reconcile Element Woman and him.

METAL MEN: As someone else said, THEY BROUGHT THE SAUCER BACK! And Red Tornado!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Is this supposed to be a mini-series or is it an ongoing? I can't tell. And if it is ongoing will all the features change or rotate or maybe just some of them? Is this all TBD? Do we even know?
    I believe the current plan is just for this one 6-issue series. The features themselves were originally presented as being individual 6-issues minis, so I think after they are played out they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I believe the current plan is just for this one 6-issue series. The features themselves were originally presented as being individual 6-issues minis, so I think after they are played out they are done.
    Makes sense. Thanks.