Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Superman: Rebirth New Preview + Interview (Please no Hate Posting)

http://www.newsarama.com/29418-super...r-rebirth.html

Ok, so I know a lot of us new 52 fans are upset, but it's time to start moving on, anyways, looks like the preview is just catching new readers up on the final days storyline.

It's still sad man. 5 years of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It's still sad man. 5 years of nothing.
    I feel ya, and like the interview says, Tomasi wants you to feel sad. That's part of the story. I think if you ever enjoyed any Tomasi comics, you should give this a try, he is always respectful of continuity and does things to pull your heart strings. At least, that's why I am sticking with this story.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I feel ya, and like the interview says, Tomasi wants you to feel sad. That's part of the story. I think if you ever enjoyed any Tomasi comics, you should give this a try, he is always respectful of continuity and does things to pull your heart strings. At least, that's why I am sticking with this story.
    New 52 Superman had so much to grow..and DC drove it to the ground because of their incompetence...sorry I know no bashing...

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I just walk away in response. I am confused at what is going on and have stressful events in real life, so it's for the best.

BANNED

hahaha just the way he respected darkseid war oops

No interest. Sorry. That is not how you end a character in any case and its no way to expect people who loved the character to give this guy a chance just like that. Basically telling me what I read for 5 years is worth nothing judging by what Johns wants to do. I'd faster accept all this if it was a reboot all around. But it's just Superman. He is the mistake. Hope you all enjoy your old Superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    hahaha just the way he respected darkseid war oops
    Well, he acknowledged it at least. Darkseid War came during the point where DC was avoiding big crossovers and letting the books basically ignore each other. It'd never fit smoothly among the status quo changes from the actual Superman line.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    No interest. Sorry. That is not how you end a character in any case and its no way to expect people who loved the character to give this guy a chance just like that. Basically telling me what I read for 5 years is worth nothing judging by what Johns wants to do. I'd faster accept all this if it was a reboot all around. But it's just Superman. He is the mistake. Hope you all enjoy your old Superman.
    But what you read is worth something. These characters around Superman will be burderned with his loss. This isn't a reboot. As you can see in the preview, his death is felt in the pages of superman rebirth. Like I keep saying, we should all give superman rebirth 1 a try, and if it is not your taste, fine then.

All of his storyline have wrapped up, where else did he have to grow? We saw in Final Days of Superman, he already became that hero fans have been wanting him to be by putting the people of Earth above himself finding a way to live. There weren't many places for him to go. This is a way to showcase new stories till the writers do find something they can do with him.

I know what you mean, but did he? All of his storyline have wrapped up, where else did he have to grow? We saw in Final Days of Superman, he already became that hero fans have been wanting him to be by putting the people of Earth above himself finding a way to live. There weren't many places for him to go. This is a way to showcase new stories till the writers do find something they can do with him.
    Well, it's nice to see that you're optimistic. It's nice to see that the various characters are sad too. IDK, but I guess I am confused and trying to sort things out as to what is going on.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So wow, turns out he's just dead, huh? And to pile on, it turns out he may not have been "real". That may actually be indicated by him breaking down and falling to ashes (?) after his death.

Superdad's (I guess calling him Clark is more fitting now) and Lois' assurance of the new 52 Superman's return might actually be a clue for him NOT coming back. It's the ol' game of expectations. Clark and Lois are TOO sure, and Tomasi promises that "it'll be addressed".

Man, talk about taking the knife and turning it. At least it'll have pretty art lol

So wow, turns out he's just dead, huh? And to pile on, it turns out he may not have been "real". That may actually be indicated by him breaking down and falling to ashes (?) after his death.

Superdad's (I guess calling him Clark is more fitting now) and Lois' assurance of the new 52 Superman's return might actually be a clue for him NOT coming back. It's the ol' game of expectations. Clark and Lois are TOO sure, and Tomasi promises that "it'll be addressed".

Man, talk about taking the knife and turning it. At least it'll have pretty art lol[/QUOTE]

there is nothing saying he may not be "real". Just fans putting 2 and 2 together from the dc rebirth special when it isn't even explained properly.

there is nothing saying he may not be "real". Just fans putting 2 and 2 together from the dc rebirth special when it isn't even explained properly.
    There's also the clone saga too, but just because it has some parallels doesn't mean fans should throw out assumptions. I take some of the responsibility on these boards for drawing up parallels to that Spider-Man Clone Saga myself.

All of his storyline have wrapped up, where else did he have to grow? We saw in Final Days of Superman, he already became that hero fans have been wanting him to be by putting the people of Earth above himself finding a way to live. There weren't many places for him to go. This is a way to showcase new stories till the writers do find something they can do with him.
    Get married to WW is one I guess. If not just be single and not worry about that. Have crazy stories like in SA. Helping Super,an find his universe, ect.