Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1628

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Uh it's the character name which is the name of the book, nobody even knows if she's gonn a be a superhero. ..she could wind up being a detective for all we know.
    It's still lacking.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I am wondering if we're gonna get interviews (outside of the DC Nation) from the creative team ...particularly Young Justice since the books comes out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's still lacking.
    I guess...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    So Tim is coming in to this series the same as he was when he left the bat book,so what does that mean for the obviously changed SB and others?

Are they deaged or just rebooted to resemble their fun younger selves,but not actually deaged
    It's difficult to know, because we don't know how Bendis plans to develop the situation of these characters.

The change of Superman timelime erased New 52 Superboy and his adventures, that should change many things for these characters (it's pretty likely that New 52 Teen Titans never happened).

It's Young Justice, so it's unlikely they want the characters to be 18 or older. I guess the characters are about 16.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-07-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So is that an artist mistake or is Cassie's skirt optional?

(She kind of looks better without it).

I wonder if Constructs are harder for Teen Lantern then they would be for a normal GL...

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    So Tim is coming in to this series the same as he was when he left the bat book,so what does that mean for the obviously changed SB and others?

Are they deaged or just rebooted to resemble their fun younger selves,but not actually deaged
    Well, the whole DCU was de-aged with the reboot, and outside of a few exceptions to that (like Superman and Lois) we're still technically working on that timeframe. As much as we're working with any particular continuity anyway, in this whole era of "Manhattan stole a decade" nonsense.

So Tim's 16 again, and has been since 2011, Bart was likely de-aged in the Speed Force just like Wally was so he's back to 14-16 (I always saw him younger than Tim and Conner). Cassie was 16 in the New52 (or thereabouts) and we have no idea if this is the same Cassie with a radical personality overhaul or what. And Conner doesn't currently exist in the DCU's history, despite people like Future Tim remembering him, so who knows what his whole deal will be?

I'm personally not looking too deep into it. I have some old favorites back together in recognizable forms with a creative team I *mostly* trust. Beyond that, I just dont care.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So Tim's 16 again, and has been since 2011, Bart was likely de-aged in the Speed Force just like Wally was so he's back to 14-16 (I always saw him younger than Tim and Conner). Cassie was 16 in the New52 (or thereabouts) and we have no idea if this is the same Cassie with a radical personality overhaul or what. And Conner doesn't currently exist in the DCU's history, despite people like Future Tim remembering him, so who knows what his whole deal will be?
    By Hera I hope this is a complete overhaul of Cassie and throws out all the New 52 stuff.

I'm guessing that Superboy is around 11 or 12, and Bart is -998 (give or take a decade). In terms of personal timelines, both are roughly two years old.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is that an artist mistake or is Cassie's skirt optional?

(She kind of looks better without it).

I wonder if Constructs are harder for Teen Lantern then they would be for a normal GL...
    I think she's wearing a black mini skirt, hard to see but the star is cut off and the shade of black is different.
    Last edited by Flashback; 12-09-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They should just give Cassie leggings and call it a day. I'm excited to see which villains Bendis is going to play around with.

It's still lacking.
    It's the name of the character the book is focusing on and thus far we don't even know if she'll be a superhero. It's no more lacking than any story that shares the name of the protagonist.

It is fair to be annoyed at the team make up of young justice even though the actual line of books looks diverse and line up itself 4 girls and 3 guys which in a way is pretty diverse? I know lineups change but seeing a new team book it is a little disheartening to see "oh yeah token black person". Now don't get me wrong I get the significance of the "classic lineup" Robin, Impulse, Superboy and Wondergirl but here is the thing initial line up will once again end up being the "classic line up" more than likely. Years later they do this concept again oh yeah you got to use these 5 white characters they were the core of the run. Maybe it is comic pessimist speaking but year from now when most of the books are canceled( and what reason do we have optimistic the new age of heroes stuff with stuff like the terrifics and sideways are getting canceled) and basically the last book standing is Young Justice and all that diversity disappears. It feels like I have seen this movie before.

Now I hope I am wrong and they sell well because it looks like they are give a big push for diversity of all kinds and initially it looks great. Now we just need the people to support the books and DC to not mismanage them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's the name of the character the book is focusing on and thus far we don't even know if she'll be a superhero. It's no more lacking than any story that shares the name of the protagonist.
    I'm saying it's lacking if it's indeed the title of her series or whatever book she appear in or if it's a hero name. If it's just her name cool, if it's meant to be more than I stand by calling it lacking.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm saying it's lacking if it's indeed the title of her series or whatever book she appear in or if it's a hero name. If it's just her name cool, if it's meant to be more than I stand by calling it lacking.
    What is it about the name that makes it lacking as a title> What did you expect them to call the book?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is fair to be annoyed at the team make up of young justice even though the actual line of books looks diverse and line up itself 4 girls and 3 guys which in a way is pretty diverse? I know lineups change but seeing a new team book it is a little disheartening to see "oh yeah token black person". Now don't get me wrong I get the significance of the "classic lineup" Robin, Impulse, Superboy and Wondergirl but here is the thing initial line up will once again end up being the "classic line up" more than likely. Years later they do this concept again oh yeah you got to use these 5 white characters they were the core of the run. Maybe it is comic pessimist speaking but year from now when most of the books are canceled( and what reason do we have optimistic the new age of heroes stuff with stuff like the terrifics and sideways are getting canceled) and basically the last book standing is Young Justice and all that diversity disappears. It feels like I have seen this movie before.

Now I hope I am wrong and they sell well because it looks like they are give a big push for diversity of all kinds and initially it looks great. Now we just need the people to support the books and DC to not mismanage them.
    These are very popular characters,and great and fun characters,howabout we just enjoy them and this new book and not worry about if a quota was hit.