Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1628

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Considering that of the other three, we've only seen Amythist, I think it's a little early to say that it's “lame”. It would be like condemning the New Teen Titans because they paired Robin, Wonder Girl, and Kid Flash with four unknowns (well, three; Changeling was a new codename for an obscure kid originally called a Beast Boy, much like Amythist is an obscure kid). I mean: Cyborg? Raven? Starfire? Lame!
    Sorry I meant, lame as in I have very little interest in those 3 characters. Amethyst is ok, but I would have preferred Traci 13 or Empress for a magic user. I'm also sick of new characters because they almost never last and take a spot from a more popular character. Blue Beetle, Static, Ms Martian, Traci 13, Empress, Cass Cain...etc, those are characters that would have gotten me excited about this team. A Jonah Hex descendant? Another Lantern? Not so much...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Kon93

Can somebody explain how time passes on Gemworld? SB being gone seems to have something to do with it,so I wanted to understand it.

Also has anyone wondered why or how they are using the name Conner kent,when he was only Conner at the very end of his original 90s self,after his series was cancelled, when he was around batgirl
    Last edited by Kon93; 10-16-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Gemworld is basically a faerie realm. There are faerie stories where a man visits their world, sits down with them for a one-night feast, and when he goes home he finds that a thousand years have passed. Obviously, it's not going to be that extreme in this case; but the essence of it is that time can flow slower there than it does here.

There are also examples of the opposite, where children enter a faerie kingdom, spend a whole lifetime of adventures there, and return mere moments after they left. So it's best to say that time runs differently in a faerie realm instead of trying to tie it down to exactly how it runs differently.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Kon93

So he could come back exactly the age he was when he went there,or much older,whatever DC and Bendis wants.

I just want the fun back,the TTK and attitude back,and I want him to keep growing as a character.

Exactly. And it looks like what Bendis wants is door him to come back as a teen, both physically and mentally.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Kon93

Exactly. And it looks like what Bendis wants is door him to come back as a teen, both physically and mentally.

I might be asking for too much,but could SB get the wally treatment,and comeback younger,but with the same degree of skill with his powers.I mean Wally was in his kid flash suit,but could do everything he was able to do as the flash.SB should have his TTK,young and fun,brash attitude,but we know he is neimg called conner kent,which should tip us off that this have changed.also there is no way they are giving up on the lex /kal hybrid thing.so imo he should be a Lil different than he was the 1st time he was this age.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    If Bendis wants Tim to go by "Robin" it's gonna happen.

Which I don't mind. I'd like for Tim to get a new moniker but Red Robin always sucked, and was basically just Robin anyway.
    Redwing.

Damian is Robin, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I might be asking for too much,but could SB get the wally treatment,and comeback younger,but with the same degree of skill with his powers.I mean Wally was in his kid flash suit,but could do everything he was able to do as the flash.SB should have his TTK,young and fun,brash attitude,but we know he is neimg called conner kent,which should tip us off that this have changed.also there is no way they are giving up on the lex /kal hybrid thing.so imo he should be a Lil different than he was the 1st time he was this age.
    You want Kon to get the Wally treatment?

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that?
    Rogue wears rouge.

Kon93

You want Kon to get the Wally treatment?

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that?

Oh God,forget I said that.

I just want a SB that keeps the things fans from all versions likes,instead of just getting one take of SB.we need 1 consistent take on him

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Redwing.

Damian is Robin, as far as I'm concerned.
    No offense, but until someone comes up with something better than "insert generic bird/red themed name here", I'd rather him just be also Robin.

Nightwing worked because it had story behind it. Red Robin just seemed like it was drawn out of a hat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Sorry I meant, lame as in I have very little interest in those 3 characters. Amethyst is ok, but I would have preferred Traci 13 or Empress for a magic user. I'm also sick of new characters because they almost never last and take a spot from a more popular character. Blue Beetle, Static, Ms Martian, Traci 13, Empress, Cass Cain...etc, those are characters that would have gotten me excited about this team. A Jonah Hex descendant? Another Lantern? Not so much...
    Miss Martian and Cass are already on teams though and DC cant do anything about Static. That just leaves Beetle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Oh God,forget I said that.

I just want a SB that keeps the things fans from all versions likes,instead of just getting one take of SB.we need 1 consistent take on him
    Conner will probably have a personality similar to 90s Superboy (and he will surely be younger in the emotional aspect than Pre-Flashpoint Conner). However, the origin of Supeman/Lex clone will probably be mantained, as you mentioned, Conner Kent is his name now

Regarding the powers, it's a little complicated. As they are appealing the nostalgia with this new Young Justice comic, they probably focus on his TTK.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    No offense, but until someone comes up with something better than "insert generic bird/red themed name here", I'd rather him just be also Robin.

Nightwing worked because it had story behind it. Red Robin just seemed like it was drawn out of a hat.
    I actually wonder how planned out Tim's arc was back then.

Like, did Morrison just want to make Damian Robin and forget Tim existed? Doesn't seem to fit with how Morrison used Tim. So I have to imagine that Tim having his own identity and new ongoing was planned even if the name was slightly unoriginal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Conner will probably have a personality similar to 90s Superboy (and he will surely be younger in the emotional aspect than Pre-Flashpoint Conner). However, the origin of Supeman/Lex clone will probably be mantained, as you mentioned, Conner Kent is his name now

Regarding the powers, it's a little complicated. As they are appealing the nostalgia with this new Young Justice comic, they probably focus on his TTK.
    I expect his powers will probably be down to Golden Age Superman levels, like in the cartoons, with the TKK backing him up.

So far Conner looks to be in-line with what their doing with him in the Reign of the Supermen animated movie at least so far as keeping the Superman/Lex clone aspect while keeping his 90's design and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually wonder how planned out Tim's arc was back then.

Like, did Morrison just want to make Damian Robin and forget Tim existed? Doesn't seem to fit with how Morrison used Tim. So I have to imagine that Tim having his own identity and new ongoing was planned even if the name was slightly unoriginal.
    I wouldn't begrudge Morrison for not caring, once he made his choice on his story.

Or he could have just thought "well they'll both be Robin but Tim isn't going to feature much in B&R so it won't be a problem. Damian is DickBats Robin and that's what matters" and then DC editorial were the ones who flipped out about there being two robins, which led to the RR name and title.

Tim taking the stance of "Does Batman (Bruce) still need me? Then I'm still Robin" would have made sense for his character for sure.

Astonishing Member

Morrison always planned for Damian to die, so he probably expected Tim to return to being Robin.