Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1628
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm saying it's lacking if it's indeed the title of her series or whatever book she appear in or if it's a hero name. If it's just her name cool, if it's meant to be more than I stand by calling it lacking.

Who cares about the name,worry about what this book could actually be about,there hasn't been a hint at all,besides knowing superman fights thru town and she gets inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Who cares about the name,worry about what this book could actually be about,there hasn't been a hint at all,besides knowing superman fights thru town and she gets inspired.
    Naming equals branding, if the branding isn't good then that will affect the marketing. If you were walking down an aisle and see Batman, Superman, or a book called Naomi which would you grab?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What is it about the name that makes it lacking as a title> What did you expect them to call the book?
    If you were going to have a marketing team put something together for a new character, her just being called Naomi isn't really catching. Would you see it on the shelf and pick it up over your usual book simply based off of a cover and title? I have no idea what I would call it, I don't have enough info but it has something to do with a Lantern Battery I would lean more in that direction. Something Access Lantern_, try to make the logo a hacker style design. I don't think that's the best title I could come up with but that's something off the top of my head. It gives you the premise of the series visually through the name and logo, you don't get that with just a human name.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Was the word "quota" just used ...lol.

Anyway who is the token black girl a part of young justice b/c all we know about teen green lantern is that she's bolovian and her brown-ness could be sun related or b/c she's indeginous and not b/c she's afro-bolivian (i.e black).

In any case Amethyst is not a permanent member and we don't know if the main roster will always stay at seven.

Naming equals branding, if the branding isn't good then that will affect the marketing. If you were walking down an aisle and see Batman, Superman, or a book called Naomi which would you grab?
    Which ever one interests me. I don't just pick up any Superman or Batman issue. Marvel managed to make a character called Jessica Jones popular after all so Naomi should have no problem just because her name is an ordinary one. All kinds of stories become popular with just normal names. You are really overthinking this.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Which ever one interests me. I don't just pick up any Superman or Batman issue. Marvel managed to make a character called Jessica Jones popular after all so Naomi should have no problem just because her name is an ordinary one. All kinds of stories become popular with just normal names. You are really overthinking this.
    I didn't say you just pick up Superman or Batman, it was a hypothetical but whatever. Jessica Jones has alteration to it at the very least. Besides she started with Alias and got popular from there so that's a different scenario. She didn't stat as just Jessica attached to a large franchise like Naomi is with the Lanterns. And even if I am overthinking does that matter?

I didn't say you just pick up Superman or Batman, it was a hypothetical but whatever. Jessica Jones has alteration to it at the very least. Besides she started with Alias and got popular from there so that's a different scenario.
    Jessica Jones isn't that much different from Naomi in terms of mundanity. And the Alias book shared a name with a t.v. series so the odds were even more against her.

She didn't stat as just Jessica attached to a large franchise like Naomi is with the Lanterns.
    Where is it stated Naomi's attached to the Lanterns? I haven't seen this anywhere.

And even if I am overthinking does that matter?
    It kind of does because your criticisms really make no sense when you think about it logically. Besides you're the one who brought up this stuff with the name.

Jessica Jones isn't that much different from Naomi in terms of mundanity. And the Alias book shared a name with a t.v. series so the odds were even more against her.

Where is it stated Naomi's attached to the Lanterns? I haven't seen this anywhere.

It kind of does because your criticisms really make no sense when you think about it logically. Besides you're the one who brought up this stuff with the name.
    She has a power battery right? Power Batteries as I last checked where a Green Lantern thing?

It's a personal opinion. I find names, normal names for books or heroes to be boring. Opinions don't need to be "logical", you can disagree because that's how opinions work. Being on a comic book forum talking about this stuff invites overthinking, that's pretty much what people do here.

She has a power battery right? Power Batteries as I last checked where a Green Lantern thing?

It's a personal opinion. I find names, normal names for books or heroes to be boring. Opinions don't need to be "logical", you can disagree because that's how opinions work. Being on a comic book forum talking about this stuff invites overthinking, that's pretty much what people do here.

Wait, are you confusing Naomi for the Green Lantern that appears in the Young Justice comic? Because those are two different characters entirely.

Wait, are you confusing Naomi for the Green Lantern that appears in the Young Justice comic? Because those are two different characters entirely.
    I was told that Naomi is the new Lantern hacking teen or whatever. I haven't read anything about the new line and know things second hand.

What is her book then? I thought it was just GL battery, Jenny Hex, YJ and gemworld.

I was told that Naomi is the new Lantern hacking teen or whatever. I haven't read anything about the new line and know things second hand.

What is her book then? I thought it was just GL battery, Jenny Hex, YJ and gemworld.
    Jenny Hex, the new GL and Amethyst will be part of Young Justice. They are not getting separate books. Naomi will be a solo character.

A character named Naomi will also debut in her own solo book as a part of the Wonder Comics imprint. She is described as a "young woman of color who's growing up in an all-white town who begins to look into her own pre-adoption past to discover a secret that will introduce a whole new mythology to the DC Universe with ripple effects stretching across Wonder Comics and other books."
    https://www.cbr.com/bendis-young-jus...omics-details/

Jenny Hex, the new GL and Amethyst will be part of Young Justice. They are not getting separate books. Naomi will be a solo character.

https://www.cbr.com/bendis-young-jus...omics-details/
    Well that sucks, I wanted to see Jenny Hex and Gemworld as a solo book. Even though I'm not a fan of a teen Lantern by way of hacking I would prefer it as a solo book as well.

Still even with my ignorance on the actual premise of the book, I still think going by a normal name is lame for title/name. If she doesn't then cool, my opinion stays the same but doesn't involve this book anymore.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Well that sucks, I wanted to see Jenny Hex and Gemworld as a solo book. Even though I'm not a fan of a teen Lantern by way of hacking I would prefer it as a solo book as well.

Still even with my ignorance on the actual premise of the book, I still think going by a normal name is lame for title/name. If she doesn't then cool, my opinion stays the same but doesn't involve this book anymore.
    Amethyst is supposed to be getting a series in the second wave.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Amethyst is supposed to be getting a series in the second wave.
    That's cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I know the topic kinda meandered away, but I wanted to put my two cents.

I love this cover! Conner looks excellent here, and they sold what they were selling, in my opinion. I especially love the artist's/colorist's rendition of that bodysuit, which looks superbly drawn and colored. Love the physique it gives Conner. And I think Conner is working the swagger and spikes (don't really see what the nit-picky fuss against them is, really).

These variants on the whole kinda have me hyped, even though I wasn't really apart of the Young Justice craze and so I'm not really as attached to these characters as some (I'm more into late pre-Flashpoint and New 52 and beyond). Looking more forward to seeing what these'll be about then before.