Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

“YJ4” became a thing because those four were the only ones who made it past Graduation Day. But yes, I agree with you in general. On Arrowette: Cissie King-Jones retired during PAD's run, so I don't have a strong motivation bring her back; though both versions of the team had a female archer, and i wouldn't mind carrying on the tradition. I'd rather go with Mia Dearden, though.

As for Secret: I'd love to see her return, though not necessarily as he was. I kind of like the way that the TV show portrayed her in the one episode where she appeared. That, and you could get creative with her story. I may be the only one, but I really like the idea of her brother Harm ending up as an Indigo Tribesman instead of being murdered by his father. He's got the right temperament to be recruited, and it would give YJ a ring wielder without giving us yet another Green Lantern. Plus it would give Greta another tie to the team.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-10-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Didnt Black Beetle wrekt superboy, miss martian, wonder girl and the young jusice team in seconds? then Blue went toe toe against Black?

Also Blue destroyed the whole team when he went full scarab IIRC

I would say BB> miss martian > superboy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    “YJ4” became a thing because those four were the only ones who made it past Graduation Day. But yes, I agree with you in general. On Arrowette: Cissie King-Jones retired during PAD's run, so I don't have a strong motivation bring her back; though both versions of the team had a female archer, and i wouldn't mind carrying on the tradition. I'd rather go with Mia Dearden, though.

As for Secret: I'd love to see her return, though not necessarily as he was. I kind of like the way that the TV show portrayed her in the one episode where she appeared. That, and you could get creative with her story. I may be the only one, but I really like the idea of her brother Harm ending up as an Indigo Tribesman instead of being murdered by his father. He's got the right temperament to be recruited, and it would give YJ a ring wielder without giving us yet another Green Lantern. Plus it would give Greta another tie to the team.
    I've pretty much given up on the idea of there being any consistency between what happened before and what there is now. Characters who I thought were gone for good came back with both Flashpoint and Rebirth.

I wasn't crazy about the YJ cartoon's Secret because all she said was "Secret". As for Harm as an Indigo Tribesman . . . sorry, I never got into any of the "War of Light" stuff with other Lantern Corps. (I know, it kind of seems like I don't like anything).

You don't have to get into the War of Light stuff; that's past. But there have always been rings of different colors ever since Sinestro started wielding a yellow one during the Silver Age. Giving Harm an indigo one would put that color to good use without involving the whole struggle among the different Corps thing that got overdone. More importantly, it would give Harm a new twist.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    "The YJ4"?

So, YJ's been boiled down to just Robin, Superboy, Wonder Girl and Impulse, huh? I guess people didn't care much for Secret, Arrowette, Empress, Slo-bo and the Ray. It's too bad, seeing as Young Justice was ultimately about Secret more than anyone. I always thought it was a shame DC never went back to that "warder" concept.
    Artemis Crock can take up the Arrowette moniker since she's already more popular than any of the other female archers (Mia, Cissie, Emiko).

As for the other characters you mentioned, I'd only like to see them return/expanded upon once we get the members pictured in post #211. Those 10 characters are the most popular and thanks to the cartoon are the ones most associated with Young Justice. They are necessary for a successful rebirth in my opinion.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Didnt Black Beetle wrekt superboy, miss martian, wonder girl and the young jusice team in seconds? then Blue went toe toe against Black?

Also Blue destroyed the whole team when he went full scarab IIRC

I would say BB> miss martian > superboy
    That's true but Jaime's lack of experience and fighting with the scarab led to him getting taken down by Artemis and Aqualad. When the scarab is in control or when Jaime isn't fighting with it he becomes a powerhouse! He's still one of the most powerful members either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Artemis Crock can take up the Arrowette moniker since she's already more popular than any of the other female archers (Mia, Cissie, Emiko).

As for the other characters you mentioned, I'd only like to see them return/expanded upon once we get the members pictured in post #211. Those 10 characters are the most popular and thanks to the cartoon are the ones most associated with Young Justice. They are necessary for a successful rebirth in my opinion.
    Blue Beetle and Static aren't necessary. I'd choose Secret over either one of them.

Also, Artemis Crock isn't a teenager.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-10-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Blue Beetle and Static aren't necessary. I'd choose Secret over either one of them.

Also, Artemis Crock isn't a teenager.
    I wouldn't. Those two are some of DC's most popular teen heroes and are a part of the YJ generation, ergo they should be included. Secret can come in later, once the cast is expanded.

In the cartoons she is so I'd use that version of Artemis.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 12-10-2016 at 08:33 PM.

You're aiming too much for the cartoon, and not enough for the comic. Artemis Crock has a history with the JSA; you don't just abandon that because the cartoon reframed her as a teen. And we'll just have to agree to disagree about Blue Beetle and Static. I wouldn't mind them being on the team; I just don't think that it's essential for them to be there.
    Rogue wears rouge.

You're aiming too much for the cartoon, and not enough for the comic. Artemis Crock has a history with the JSA; you don't just abandon that because the cartoon reframed her as a teen. And we'll just have to agree to disagree about Blue Beetle and Static. I wouldn't mind them being on the team; I just don't think that it's essential for them to be there.
    Not really seeing as how the cartoon used Dick and Wally instead of Tim and Bart. Cassie also wasn't a main member in the cartoon either.

As for comic Artemis, she can easily be retooled seeing as how the character hasn't appeared in years, nor is that version very popular.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I want a YJ Rebirth comic to be more in line with the cartoon, minus the Titan mainstays (Dick, Wally, Roy, Karen, Garfield and Mal) rather than a reboot of the 90's comic.

Tim, Cassie, and Bart were members of the team in the cartoon every bit as much as Blue Beetle was, and more than Static was.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Tim, Cassie, and Bart were members of the team in the cartoon every bit as much as Blue Beetle was, and more than Static was.
    Tim and Cassie were treated more like side characters. Both barely did anything outside of the first episode of season 2 and neither received very much development. Bart became a main character in season 2 but Wally was still at the forefront. Jaime on the other hand was a main character a long with the original 6.

Basically for me a YJ rebirth would include Tim, Connor, Cassie and Bart from the comics with Megan, Kaldurahm, Jaime and Artemis from the cartoon as the main characters. Then you can introduce Static, Secret, Empress...etc

BANNED

The YJ4 are the active heroes left from the YJ comic,empress,arrowette,slobo,and secret were all sidelined somehow.

Geoff picked the YJ4 as his teen part of the teen Titans

They were also the main characters in the TT new 52 reboot.

You don't have YJ without them sorry.

Now the show made aqualad,miss martian,and Artemis as much a part of the brand YJ as the YJ4 from the show.

These are your main 7 YJ characters,like them or not,this is the most recognized and bankable characters to use for a Rebirth.

I agree if you want a bigger crew,yoy get blue beetle and static,both were big 2nd season characters,and have been in other media (static had his own show,and BB was on a couple shows).

season 3 of the show,and a Rebirth comic series should stay close to this team,and keep the kids growing,even if it's in small bursts.

BANNED

You think they are letting the YJ4 off the bench any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    The YJ4 are the active heroes left from the YJ comic,empress,arrowette,slobo,and secret were all sidelined somehow.

Geoff picked the YJ4 as his teen part of the teen Titans

They were also the main characters in the TT new 52 reboot.

You don't have YJ without them sorry.

Now the show made aqualad,miss martian,and Artemis as much a part of the brand YJ as the YJ4 from the show.

These are your main 7 YJ characters,like them or not,this is the most recognized and bankable characters to use for a Rebirth.

I agree if you want a bigger crew,yoy get blue beetle and static,both were big 2nd season characters,and have been in other media (static had his own show,and BB was on a couple shows).

season 3 of the show,and a Rebirth comic series should stay close to this team,and keep the kids growing,even if it's in small bursts.
    I mostly agree with this, although the specific identities of the show-based members don't ask have to be precisely the same. Jackson Hyde isn't Kalduran (sp?), but he's close enough for a YJ Rebirth team. Likewise, the team ought to have a teenaged female archer reminiscent of Artemis and/or Arrowette; but her identity needn't be either of them. I proposed Mia because she probably would have been on Young Justice had she been around when the team formed in the comics, and because she's as much in need of some TLC as the YJ4 are. And again, JSA has dibs on Artemis Crock.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    You think they are letting the YJ4 off the bench any time soon?
    doubtful. But then, Season 3 was also doubtful.
    Rogue wears rouge.