Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    So we need a archer and a aqua character
    Why?

I don't think it's desirable for Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans and a hypothetical Young Justice to have so much overlap in power/skill sets. It's better to have unique characters like Empress and Secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's always Tula, who is actually being used right now. Lorena is a fine character, but we already have Mera, Orin, Garth, Tula, and Kaldur, I feel like adding Lorena to the Aqua-mythos just to fill a slot on a teen team title would be superfluous.

Im not concerned about Jaime either. I'd love to see him on a team but I feel like the character needs a lot of work first. Like Tim, Bart, Cassie, and Conner the New52 was not kind to Jaime and before he gets spread around on a team title I want him fixed up properly in his solo. In a year or so? Absolutely, but right now? Let's let the stink of his last series wear off first.
    Well I said add Lorena because she's been in comic limbo for way too long plus DC doesn't have a lot of active Latinas (Jessica is the only one) so using her on a team would be cool and add diversity to the YJ team. With Cassie and Megan being fan favorites and shoeins for a YJ team I'd hope that if they added another female (and an Aqua member) they'd go with the female of color. Hopefully that doesn't sound racist. Also I think Lorena would be a better foil for Cassie/Megan than Tula.

As for Jaime well he's currently being fixed in his own solo book. Its still a work in progress but by the time we get a YJ book i'm sure his Nu52 run will be long behind him. He's always around the older heroes and I think its about time he started interacting with characters around his age group, whether that be the Teen Titans or Young Justice.

As for Kaldurahm joining Damien's team, its pretty much a confirmed rumor if that makes sense. It was talked about in the Teen Titans Appreciation thread a while ago. I don't remember who confirmed it but I want to say it was through an interview.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

You've got some good points about Lorena. I'd still think that putting Tula on the team, perhaps as part of a "cultural exchange program" would make more sense; she's established in the current continuity and has been developed in Orin's title. Lorena would be another "new" face to squeeze into a line already burdened by the effort of re-defining itself.

Plus, if "Latino" is just something you want checked off a diversity quota there's also Bunker, Vibe, Jaime, and others established in the current continuity to consider as well as other characters in limbo like Empress. But I certainly wouldnt complain about Lorena either; she seemed like a fun character from what I saw of her.

As for Jaime, I agree if DC decided today to do another YJ title, by the time it actually hit the stands the Beetle solo title would have gotten Jaime straightened out. I dont think his last series did so much damage to him that he'll require a ton of effort to fix (unlike, say, Bart Allen) but I would certainly want to make sure that his origin and whatever they're doing with the scarab (is it alien Reach? Magic? What the hell is going on?) got settled down before throwing him into a team title.

Thanks for the update on Kaldur, by the way! I'll have to keep my eyes on that Titans book; once he shows up I'll need to start reading it. I dont suppose we have any idea when that'll be do we?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

You've got some good points about Lorena. I'd still think that putting Tula on the team, perhaps as part of a "cultural exchange program" would make more sense; she's established in the current continuity and has been developed in Orin's title. Lorena would be another "new" face to squeeze into a line already burdened by the effort of re-defining itself.

Plus, if "Latino" is just something you want checked off a diversity quota there's also Bunker, Vibe, Jaime, and others established in the current continuity to consider as well as other characters in limbo like Empress. But I certainly wouldnt complain about Lorena either; she seemed like a fun character from what I saw of her.

As for Jaime, I agree if DC decided today to do another YJ title, by the time it actually hit the stands the Beetle solo title would have gotten Jaime straightened out. I dont think his last series did so much damage to him that he'll require a ton of effort to fix (unlike, say, Bart Allen) but I would certainly want to make sure that his origin and whatever they're doing with the scarab (is it alien Reach? Magic? What the hell is going on?) got settled down before throwing him into a team title.

Thanks for the update on Kaldur, by the way! I'll have to keep my eyes on that Titans book; once he shows up I'll need to start reading it. I dont suppose we have any idea when that'll be do we?
    Yeah I can see your point about Tula vs Lorena but its not like the Aqua family is as cluttered as the Bat or Flash families. Lorena would be relatively easy to reintroduce and establish. Plus she belongs to the YJ generation (Tim's generation) whereas Tula is a part of Dick's generation.

In regards to Latinos I was referring to the female side of things, although I do hope Bunker and Vibe eventually show again! In current DCU Jaime, Kyle, El Diablo and Bane are all active in separate books whereas Jessica is the only Latina active (Renee is still in limbo right?). Bringing Lorena back would help even things out.

Yeah I hope that whole magic vs alien thing is settled soon but I agree Jaime isn't as damaged as some of the other YJ characters (namely Bart and Cassie). He'll be good to go and join a team soon, assuming DC wants him to. Frankly he fits in with either team really (TT or YJ).

As for Kaldurahm, well he's supposed to show up in the second arc. I'm assuming that'll be by issue 6, depending on how long this current arc lasts. I'm not sure if he'll be a permanent member because there are rumors of a rotating cast but only time will tell.

Extraordinary Member

I'd be for having Lorena be the Young Justice member because I liked her personality in Teen Titans for her brief time on that team; I feel a Young Justice comic should be a dynamic and varied collection of personalities and attitude; they're friends and they get along, but they have more personality clashes than you'd expect.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

There's always Tula, who is actually being used right now.
    Wait. I thought Tula died back in the Crisis. Did they bring her back for the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Wait. I thought Tula died back in the Crisis. Did they bring her back for the New 52?
    Yes .

She's been a fairly consistent Aquaman supporting cast member since the Johns run.

Next time someone claims that New52 wasn't a reboot, I'm going to point to all of the formerly dead heroes who never died after all. New 52 may be the same universe as the pre-Flashpoint DCU; but it's definitely not the same timeline.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Next time someone claims that New52 wasn't a reboot, I'm going to point to all of the formerly dead heroes who never died after all. New 52 may be the same universe as the pre-Flashpoint DCU; but it's definitely not the same timeline.

And on that note,bring back Damage

Incredible Member

I'm going to risk making myself unpopular now but, in any potential YJ Rebirth, I WOULDN'T want Tim. I feel he actually would be better where he is with the Teen Titans so I would split up the YJ4!

Were it up to me my line-up would look something like this:

Kon-El (restored and given whatever name, I'm not sold on Scion as a codename for him though)
    Impulse (Bart Allen, but with elements of Johns characterization when he was Kid Flash)
    Wonder Girl (I'd like to see Cassie restored to something resembling her old characterization where she was actually an interesting character!)
    Emiko
    Miss Martian
    Damian
    Impulse (Irie West I mean)
    Arrowette

MAYBE Kaldur too but I'm undecided about him. I'd want Blue Beetle to have some kind of role too

Cheers.

James.

So I managed to read YJ 1-8 and New Teen Titans 1-8 and...I like YJ more. Different times(a decade apart) really does make difference.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I'm going to risk making myself unpopular now but, in any potential YJ Rebirth, I WOULDN'T want Tim. I feel he actually would be better where he is with the Teen Titans so I would split up the YJ4!

Were it up to me my line-up would look something like this:

Kon-El (restored and given whatever name, I'm not sold on Scion as a codename for him though)
    Impulse (Bart Allen, but with elements of Johns characterization when he was Kid Flash)
    Wonder Girl (I'd like to see Cassie restored to something resembling her old characterization where she was actually an interesting character!)
    Emiko
    Miss Martian
    Damian
    Impulse (Irie West I mean)
    Arrowette

MAYBE Kaldur too but I'm undecided about him. I'd want Blue Beetle to have some kind of role too

Cheers.

James.

I don't want Damian anywhere near kon,everytime Damian gets around anyone with powers he "gets" to make them look bad,i don't need that around kon,sorry.

You have 2 Impulses,bart was best,shown young in his own series years ago,and shown older on the young justice show,wallys daughter can hang with Damian and Jon in a tiny Titans series someday

BANNED

I don't want Damian anywhere near kon,everytime Damian gets around anyone with powers he "gets" to make them look bad,i don't need that around kon,sorry.

You have 2 Impulses,bart was best,shown young in his own series years ago,and shown older on the young justice show,wallys daughter can hang with Damian and Jon in a tiny Titans series someday
    Jon Kent kicked Damian's ass a little in this week's Superman. In fact he needed the help of his pets to land a blow on Jon. That said I still wouldn't want Damian on a YJ team, I'd rather he stay with the Titans and the lineup eventually turn into a distinct generation of heroes all created in the last few years.

BANNED

I'm fine with his team, just keep damian far far away... He's usually the reason I don't buy a lot of batbooks, I can barely stand his smug personality (unless steph is around to keep him in his place), there's no reason to keep the YJ 4 separated, if there's a rebirth they gotta have their stories together and rebuild their relationships not trying to shoehorn damian.

I'd also like to have secret as a recurring character... Also... If DC announces YJ rebirth they're gonna crush champions soooo hard

I thought Champions was Marvel's version of DC's Teen Titans while Young Avengers is their version of Young Justice? Either way DC is at an advantage because they have a strong roster of teen characters and decades worth of an advantage.