Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I thought Champions was Marvel's version of DC's Teen Titans while Young Avengers is their version of Young Justice? Either way DC is at an advantage because they have a strong roster of teen characters and decades worth of an advantage.
    And the fact that Champions freaking sucks. That thing with Amadeus Hulk and Visions daughter, ugh. Mark Waid could end up ruining a whole generation of young heroes with that train wreck of a series.

I think YJ would make a better rival series to Champions because it's about a team of friends. Current TT is more like a battle of wits so far, YJ would have a closer together team and hopefully give Waid's run a lesson on how to do a teen hero book right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I don't want Damian anywhere near kon,everytime Damian gets around anyone with powers he "gets" to make them look bad,i don't need that around kon,sorry.

You have 2 Impulses,bart was best,shown young in his own series years ago,and shown older on the young justice show,wallys daughter can hang with Damian and Jon in a tiny Titans series someday
    I know I've got two Impulses, that was purposeful but I liked Irie as Impulse and liked the development of Bart's character as Kid Flash, I just think having Bat and Wally II as Kid Flash might be confusing especially with original Wally back.

I picked Damian as he's the most logical to take he Robiin place on the team. Tim no longer belongs in Young Justice IMHO (as noted)

Cheers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    And the fact that Champions freaking sucks. That thing with Amadeus Hulk and Visions daughter, ugh. Mark Waid could end up ruining a whole generation of young heroes with that train wreck of a series.

I think YJ would make a better rival series to Champions because it's about a team of friends. Current TT is more like a battle of wits so far, YJ would have a closer together team and hopefully give Waid's run a lesson on how to do a teen hero book right.
    It doesn't sucks... It's... OK, but a flagship should be so much more... Is that a marvel thing when a dc writer goes to Marvel his quality of work decreases? And when a marvel writer goes to DC even Sam Humphries can write an above average comic...

I can see YJ crushing champions in so many ways... Honestly I do like most of the cast of Champions and I was mildly hyped (at least Waid knows how to writer young Cyclops) but YJ has the advantage of already long established characters that they should take advantage of

BANNED

Jon Kent kicked Damian's ass a little in this week's Superman. In fact he needed the help of his pets to land a blow on Jon. That said I still wouldn't want Damian on a YJ team, I'd rather he stay with the Titans and the lineup eventually turn into a distinct generation of heroes all created in the last few years.

DC is trying really hard to get Jon "over" right now,so i can see him besting a BAT,while Superman won't.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I know I've got two Impulses, that was purposeful but I liked Irie as Impulse and liked the development of Bart's character as Kid Flash, I just think having Bat and Wally II as Kid Flash might be confusing especially with original Wally back.

I picked Damian as he's the most logical to take he Robiin place on the team. Tim no longer belongs in Young Justice IMHO (as noted)

Cheers.
    Wally's kids are not even around,and I don't see them coming back for awhile imo.

Bart is impulse to.me,should never have been turned into kid flash,he didn't need a name and costume change to mature him a lil(look at how the YJ show.did it).I thank DC for bringing us lil wally,cause with him around Bart won't get settled with the name anymore,and real wally won't get pushed back,he can only stay where he is or go farther with his character.

Why don't you want Tim with YJ?

Incredible Member

DC is trying really hard to get Jon "over" right now,so i can see him besting a BAT,while Superman won't.

Wally's kids are not even around,and I don't see them coming back for awhile imo.

Bart is impulse to.me,should never have been turned into kid flash,he didn't need a name and costume change to mature him a lil(look at how the YJ show.did it).I thank DC for bringing us lil wally,cause with him around Bart won't get settled with the name anymore,and real wally won't get pushed back,he can only stay where he is or go farther with his character.

Why don't you want Tim with YJ?
    I am aware that Wally's kids aren't around at the minute but I would be surprised if they remained in limbo definitely. I don't think Bart needs to be Kid Flash (although I do seem to be in the minority who liked what Johns did with Bart) but he's out-grown the Impulse role.

Look at him at the end of Young Justice where he had developed his powers. I personally think its a disservice to make Bart Impulsive and regress his character again.

I like that the YJ had/have an Impulsive character though which is where I see Irie fitting (and why I added her, to keep the rest of the team on their toes).

As for Tim, I don't want him in YJ because I actually think he fits better with the Teen Titans (he always felt like an odd candidate for YJ).

I don't think ALL the YJ need to change team (I say change because I wouldn't see it as a graduation) but Tim had progressed as far as he could/can with Young Justice and I'd like to see Dick indoctrinate him into the Teen Titans.

I just feel he's a more natural fit with the TT then with YJ (sorry for the clumsy sentence structure!)

Cheers.

James.

Incredible Member

Double post, sorry!
    Last edited by James Hunter; 11-04-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Accidental double post!

The cartoon had great characters like Kaldur, Kon, Miss Martian, Artemis, etc. and I am not sure why dc is not doing a Young Justice Rebirth. Pre flashpoint Wally and Nightwing are too old for Young Justice but they can serve as trainers. Instead of Wally and Nightwing, probably just put in Bart Allen and Tim Drake plus Cassie.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 11-04-2016 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED

I am aware that Wally's kids aren't around at the minute but I would be surprised if they remained in limbo definitely. I don't think Bart needs to be Kid Flash (although I do seem to be in the minority who liked what Johns did with Bart) but he's out-grown the Impulse role.

Look at him at the end of Young Justice where he had developed his powers. I personally think its a disservice to make Bart Impulsive and regress his character again.

I like that the YJ had/have an Impulsive character though which is where I see Irie fitting (and why I added her, to keep the rest of the team on their toes).

As for Tim, I don't want him in YJ because I actually think he fits better with the Teen Titans (he always felt like an odd candidate for YJ).

I don't think ALL the YJ need to change team (I say change because I wouldn't see it as a graduation) but Tim had progressed as far as he could/can with Young Justice and I'd like to see Dick indoctrinate him into the Teen Titans.

I just feel he's a more natural fit with the TT then with YJ (sorry for the clumsy sentence structure!)

Cheers.

James.

To me Bart has outgrown his insane over the top personality quirks,but not his hero name or supersuit.

I love how they portrayed Bart on the YJ show.he was still zany and funny,but definitely more "here" than he was ever portrayed in the comics,which is how a rebirth Bart should be IMO.

Irey is way to young to be with YJ.YJ are older imo than the bulk of the TT team,so that would feel wrong.s he belongs with Jon and Damian,if you close.your eyes you can see them as a team before you see 17-19 year olds.

YJ is a bunch of super hero teens who forced their way into the individual family hero businesses.thars why they join together,but they stay together,because they are best friends,more from the comics,cause they were totally different in the way they was brought into being heroes there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    The cartoon had great characters like Kaldur, Kon, Miss Martian, Artemis, etc. and I am not sure why dc is not doing a Young Justice Rebirth. Pre flashpoint Wally and Nightwing are too old for Young Justice but they can serve as trainers. Instead of Wally and Nightwing, probably just put in Bart Allen and Tim Drake plus Cassie.

Miss martian in her only appearance since the reboot,and man do we need her now.course we need a Artemis,but they screwed that up,a kaldur,but they want Jackson more sigh,and the YJ4 are all in different levels of being screwed up.

Can DC fix all these characters,i say yes,can they print their own money if they used these characters for a YJ rebirth,i say yes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    It doesn't sucks... It's... OK, but a flagship should be so much more... Is that a marvel thing when a dc writer goes to Marvel his quality of work decreases? And when a marvel writer goes to DC even Sam Humphries can write an above average comic...
    Yeah, that really does seem to be a thing. Marvel is just poison at the moment. At this rate we may be seeing some pretty serious transfers over to DC. I hope so, lot of untapped DC properties in need of a great writer.

I wouldn't say Champions sucks. It's just stuck in the marvel mindset of Controversy/Anger=$$$.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

To me Bart has outgrown his insane over the top personality quirks,but not his hero name or supersuit.

I love how they portrayed Bart on the YJ show.he was still zany and funny,but definitely more "here" than he was ever portrayed in the comics,which is how a rebirth Bart should be IMO.
    It's a lot like what they've done with Stephanie Brown: she's back to being Spoiler, but she's basically got the personality she had back when she was Batgirl.

Irey is way to young to be with YJ.YJ are older imo than the bulk of the TT team,so that would feel wrong.s he belongs with Jon and Damian,if you close.your eyes you can see them as a team before you see 17-19 year olds.
    I've said before that I wouldn't mind if Super Some ended up evolving into a team book. Reintroducing Irey and having her start hanging out with Damian and Jon would work out fine IMHO. That said, the youthening of classic Wally makes that unlikely without invoking time travel.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member

YJ is a bunch of super hero teens who forced their way into the individual family hero businesses.thars why they join together,but they stay together,because they are best friends,more from the comics,cause they were totally different in the way they was brought into being heroes there.
    I do agree that Bart was better in the YJ cartoon (that's no surprise though, the series was awesome!). I much prefer having a Bart who is more "here which is one of the things I liked about what Geoff Johns did (or attempted to do) with the character.

I disagree that Irie is "way to young" given that we know she was aged to about 4 in FLASH: REBIRTH and we also know that the NEW 52 year took up/took away 10 years so she would be 14.

By your own definition of YJ being a bunch of super hero teens who forced their way into the individual family businesses (if I'm understanding what your saying correctly and your saying that Cassie, Bart and Kon forced themselves into the Wonder, Flash and Super families) that is another part of why Tim doesn't fit for me.

Tim never had to force himself to be accepted by the Bat-family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It's a lot like what they've done with Stephanie Brown: she's back to being Spoiler, but she's basically got the personality she had back when she was Batgirl.

I've said before that I wouldn't mind if Super Some ended up evolving into a team book. Reintroducing Irey and having her start hanging out with Damian and Jon would work out fine IMHO. That said, the youthening of classic Wally makes that unlikely without invoking time travel.
    I wouldn't object to that either, SUPER SONS eventually involving into a team book would be cool (especially if you brought over Emiko with Irey, that would be another way to go).

Not immediately, but down the line that could be cool.

Cheers.

James.

BANNED

I do agree that Bart was better in the YJ cartoon (that's no surprise though, the series was awesome!). I much prefer having a Bart who is more "here which is one of the things I liked about what Geoff Johns did (or attempted to do) with the character.

I disagree that Irie is "way to young" given that we know she was aged to about 4 in FLASH: REBIRTH and we also know that the NEW 52 year took up/took away 10 years so she would be 14.

By your own definition of YJ being a bunch of super hero teens who forced their way into the individual family businesses (if I'm understanding what your saying correctly and your saying that Cassie, Bart and Kon forced themselves into the Wonder, Flash and Super families) that is another part of why Tim doesn't fit for me.

Tim never had to force himself to be accepted by the Bat-family.

I wouldn't object to that either, SUPER SONS eventually involving into a team book would be cool (especially if you brought over Emiko with Irey, that would be another way to go).

Not immediately, but down the line that could be cool.

Cheers.

James.
    While.geoff tried,the YJ show.succeeed.

You don't really think they are gonna age every damn character.do you? I see memories being restore,but I can't see them aging wally 10 years,and if they do what about every other character?

Cassie stole stuff,bart was born into it,kon was created into it,but Tim found out about Batman on his own,he made it happen for himself.

I don't get why you don't want Tim with his family or think isn't deserving,but man he is the definition of self.made hero.

Super sons growing into a tiny JL team would be cool.

The Young Justice show succeeded because it was a show about legacy, about family, the younger heroes getting out of the shadows of their older counterparts and proving themselves! Plus it was a quality show! In order for a YJ comic to succeed they have to tap into that! Unfortunately most of their legacy heroes are either messed up due to the new 52 or in the process of being fixed. As much as I, and a whole bunch of other fans want a YJ series now, I'd rather they fix their legacies first and do things the right way than give us a half hearted series.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!