Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1628

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Most weren't particularly major characters. Some were solo characters. Others were from team and ensemble books like the '96 Teen Titans and Superboy and the Ravers. You can see some of the characters in this picture:

Attachment 71895

I know these terms are a bit dramatic, but I think you and I may be from different "generations" or "eras" of comics. When I say I'm a fan of the Young Justice characters I mean to say that I'm a big fan of the comic Young Justice by Peter David and Todd Nauck. I loved the characters. I loved the art. I loved how playful Peter David would sometimes get with the way the story was told. He did one issue that was completely silent. He did one that was written out in poetry. He had a contest to name the Super-Cycle and one to pick who'd be the new team leader. Most of all, I loved that it was funny. It was legit the first superhero comic to make me laugh. I didn't really care for the 2003 Teen Titans series. It just felt really average to me and it felt like it pushed too hard to make the characters more like their mentors and predecessors. I didn't particularly care for the Young Justice cartoon either. And in general, I've kind of drifted away from DC Comics starting with when Didio was put in charge way back in the day and it's ended up becoming more of a casual, occasional hobby as it's proven hard to really keep up with it all in more recent years.

So, I hope you get to see the characters you like even though I don't know them that well. But still I'm nostalgic and I'd like to see Lagoon Boy or Jakeem Thunder or any of the Ravers (I'm personally partial to Half-Life) or the Jurgens Teen Titans (I'm still mad about what Johns did to Risk, and apparently they just killed off Joto aka Hot Spot too). Maybe, given time, we'll both get to see what we want.
    Thank you for the explanation. And yes I will agree with you on us being from two different eras of comics. That's why we have two very different interpretations of the YJ era. Speaking for myself, I am a huge fan of the 2003 TT series and constantly refer to that grouping of characters as the YJ generation. Those are the ones I associate the most with Tim and his crew and I'd really like to see a reunion of sorts (minus the NTT characters).

I am also a huge fan of the animated series, and I do admit to that having more influence on my view of the YJ generation than the actual comic itself. It's why I will always associate Blue Beetle, Ms Martian, Aqualad, Static...etc to that franchise. Anyway I do agree with you, in that I hope we can both get what we want (or some of what we want).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Attachment 71731

Interesting as to how they appear. Looking forward (with hesitation due to DC's recent track record) to hearing more about this...
    so exactly who all are we looking at? I recognize Zan, Jayna, Gleek, Superboy, Impulse, and Robin, but that's it. Who are the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so exactly who all are we looking at? I recognize Zan, Jayna, Gleek, Superboy, Impulse, and Robin, but that's it. Who are the rest?
    The girl on the motorbike is currently officially unknown but is presumed to be Teen Lantern. Wonder Girl is hanging off of her. The red-haired girl is Jenny (or Ginny, it remains unclear to me) Hex. The African-American girl beside her is Naomi. The boy behind impulse is Miguel, Dial H for Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The girl on the motorbike is currently officially unknown but is presumed to be Teen Lantern. Wonder Girl is hanging off of her. The red-haired girl is Jenny (or Ginny, it remains unclear to me) Hex. The African-American girl beside her is Naomi. The boy behind impulse is Miguel, Dial H for Hero.
    The girl on the motorbike is actually one if the supporting characters from Dial H. We won't know what teen Lantern looks like, until she debuts in Morrisons GL series.

Also I think it's Ginny Hex, though I could eb wrong.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Would anyone have liked to see Atlee (Terra III) join the team?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Would anyone have liked to see Atlee (Terra III) join the team?
    Tbh? No. I don't like Atlee. She's an unnecessary character made just so that DC could have a heroic Terra... despite killing one off unceremoniously in an event. Not only that, but Terra I/II is generally seen as redeemable to the general public, so yeah. Atlee was unnecessary.

Also, YJ predates her significantly.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Tbh? No. I don't like Atlee. She's an unnecessary character made just so that DC could have a heroic Terra... despite killing one off unceremoniously in an event. Not only that, but Terra I/II is generally seen as redeemable to the general public, so yeah. Atlee was unnecessary.

Also, YJ predates her significantly.
    Atlee is such a different character from the original Terra, and was used so well by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, that I'd prefer her as a heroic Terra.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Atlee is such a different character from the original Terra, and was used so well by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, that I'd prefer her as a heroic Terra.
    I like how she was just 'Atlee' in Starfire. I'd be cool with that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    To be honest, I don't know who half of those characters mentioned even are. When I refer to the YJ generation, I'm mainly referring to Tim's generation of Teen Titans, not necessarily the characters created in the 90's. If you look back at past YJ threads, most fans want to see a reunion from the cast of characters from Geoffs 2003 TT series (minus the NTT characters) rather than the 90's characters coming back (YJ4 and Empress being the exception).
    Ray-Christopher Priest wrote his solo in the 90s
    Damage & Anima were from the Bloodlines annuals
    As was Sparxx and maybe Half-Life & Kaliber
    Hero Cruz was one of the few LGBT guys we saw from Superboy & Ravers series
    Risk, Argent & Prysm are from the 1996 Titans
    Joto is the late Hotspot from 1996 Titans.

They were not in Young Justice because many of them were on other teams from Titans to Wyld Pack to JSA or Justice League. So they were unavailable for YJ.
    HOtspot was retired.
    They are all Tim, Conor & Bart's generation.

YJ is returning after a very long hiatus, the original roster is returning in their classic forms, which we've been screaming about for seven-eight years.
    That is no excuse to exclude POC. If this is a fresh start after all. Jaime Reyes nor any POC screwed up Tim, Bart & Conor. Being classics means NOTHING because as we have learned too many folks have stood in the way of POC even sniffing that.

But give it a little bit of time and I bet good money that we'll hear about other members who won't be straight white people.
    You mean by the folks who won't read the book? Because somehow a POC or LGBT makes the book unreadable? The folks who haven't read a DC book since the Enterprise -D crashed in Star Trek Generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah Atlee is the hero that everyone wants Terra to be.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah Atlee is the hero that everyone wants Terra to be.
    If DC ever gets serious about moving Terra into being a hero/antihero, they should let her fill the reformed villain role and Atlee fill the heroic role.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If DC ever gets serious about moving Terra into being a hero/antihero, they should let her fill the reformed villain role and Atlee fill the heroic role.
    The only role Terra should be filling is the dead traitor that she was designed to be.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I like how she was just 'Atlee' in Starfire. I'd be cool with that.
    She could go by a different code name if her using Terra's code name bothers you. I suggest "Aftershock".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She could go by a different code name if her using Terra's code name bothers you. I suggest "Aftershock".
    Atlee should be Terra and Tara should be Aftershock. It kind of suits her personality better.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The only role Terra should be filling is the dead traitor that she was designed to be.
    Agree. Let her stay the psychotic traitor.