Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1628
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Sorry I meant, lame as in I have very little interest in those 3 characters. Amethyst is ok, but I would have preferred Traci 13 or Empress for a magic user. I'm also sick of new characters because they almost never last and take a spot from a more popular character. Blue Beetle, Static, Ms Martian, Traci 13, Empress, Cass Cain...etc, those are characters that would have gotten me excited about this team. A Jonah Hex descendant? Another Lantern? Not so much...
    From what I understand there are rights issues with Static.Ms.Martian is with the Titans but honestly I don't see the current Titans roster lasting beyond February or March. Cass is with the Outsiders. The other three should join YJ eventually since they're not being used right now.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Conner will probably have a personality similar to 90s Superboy (and he will surely be younger in the emotional aspect than Pre-Flashpoint Conner). However, the origin of Supeman/Lex clone will probably be mantained, as you mentioned, Conner Kent is his name now

Regarding the powers, it's a little complicated. As they are appealing the nostalgia with this new Young Justice comic, they probably focus on his TTK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually wonder how planned out Tim's arc was back then.

Like, did Morrison just want to make Damian Robin and forget Tim existed? Doesn't seem to fit with how Morrison used Tim. So I have to imagine that Tim having his own identity and new ongoing was planned even if the name was slightly unoriginal.

I expect his powers will probably be down to Golden Age Superman levels, like in the cartoons, with the TKK backing him up.

So far Conner looks to be in-line with what their doing with him in the Reign of the Supermen animated movie at least so far as keeping the Superman/Lex clone aspect while keeping his 90's design and personality.

Personal oponion,i hope they do a mix of kesel SB and YJ show.reinserted in the Reign of the supermen,but with lex fully knowing about his being the one creating and being the donor for SB,kept frozen as a teenager because lex thought he would go bizarro,and that keeps his power potential less potent.if you read the Reign of the supermen and picture SB with YJ kryptonian powers you can still see how can be tough as nails sometimes and get beatdown others.in those issues you can really see his TTK working for him,so I don't see any different with both powersets,because he didn't even know he had TTK at the time and he wasn't overpowered at all.inreally hope they incorporate the new 52 tactile senses somehow,even at weaker levels,and I hope that he has a pair of super specs in that yellow holster on his hip.he can easily mix the over confident cocky and overconfident mad attitudes together to make him very over aggressive attitude.btw instead of the newsboys breaking him out,the YJ team could do it,and it would still work.

Yes it would divert from both histories, but it combine them and let us all go forward together

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Morrison always planned for Damian to die, so he probably expected Tim to return to being Robin.
    I had forgotten about this, you're probably right.

Ok, my mind is a bit at ease now. Just learned that, according to Bendis, the entire line-up for YJ hasn't been announced yet. I'm hoping it'll take pointers from the animated series and have a rotating cast depending on the mission, or if not, the membership will match the current JL lineup of 9. Fingers crossed for Jaime!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Ok, my mind is a bit at ease now. Just learned that, according to Bendis, the entire line-up for YJ hasn't been announced yet. I'm hoping it'll take pointers from the animated series and have a rotating cast depending on the mission, or if not, the membership will match the current JL lineup of 9. Fingers crossed for Jaime!
    Where did you learn this from?

Oh, dude, why were you even sweating on that one? Team rosters always change. It's the only consistent thing about them!

I dunno if we're gonna get any of the faces we want, and I dunno how or when it's gonna happen, but other people are gonna show up in that book.

Fingers crossed for Jaime, Kaldur, and Stargirl, personally.

EDIT: D'oh! My dumb ass forgot why I popped into this thread. New DCU Online content is coming soon, based in Atlantis. One of the major NPC's is Aqualad, and the gear is based on his costume.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-24-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I guess it's from this interview with Bendis: https://www.thecomiclounge.com/singl...onquer-the-DCU

The interview say that there are more of Wonder comics line-up. It doesn't say the team of Young Justice will rotate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess it's from this interview with Bendis: https://www.thecomiclounge.com/singl...onquer-the-DCU

The interview say that there are more of Wonder comics line-up. It doesn't say the team of Young Justice will rotate.
    Thanks. It's always good to have confirmation and clarification when possible.

Kon93

That was a pretty nice Bendis interview,hit on SB and jon,more facetime for bart and cassie,big things a popping,so I'm happy,just can't wait for #1

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...51688094715904

I got it from this tweet Bendis sent out. Sounds promising!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Kon93

I hope the expanding roster is a mix of the original YJ comic,the TV show,the teen titans rotated roster pre flashpoint,stargirl,and bring cool characters like grant emerson,the "real" Damage back from the dead.

Courtney Whitmore and Grant Emerson ought to be reserved for a relaunch of the Justice Society.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I would really love to see Maxine Hunkel aka Cyclone on a team book again

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Courtney Whitmore and Grant Emerson ought to be reserved for a relaunch of the Justice Society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would really love to see Maxine Hunkel aka Cyclone on a team book again

I hear you both,I just want to see all the great teen heroes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I have to imagine Stagirl's been MIA so she can rejoin the JSA when they come back, assuming Johns' doesn't have some kind of hold over her that prevents other writers from using her like he apparently had with Shazam.