Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New comiXology Unlimited Service Lets You Read As Much As You Want

For a flat monthly fee, readers will be given "endless access" to a wide range of titles from Image and Dark Horse to Archie and Valiant.

Full article here.

I wonder how this will compare to what Scribd offers.

Saga up to Issue 6, Wicked & Divine up to #5 X-O Manowar up to #8 (#2 missing but #29 available)

To few books for my taste.
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum

BANNED

Still nothing from DC yet?

BANNED

More of a sampler service. Just has the first few volumes. Not on the level of Marvel Unlimited at all. Even much worse than Scribd, because at although Scribd was rarely updated it at least had complete series.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-24-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Just looking through the app quickly to see what they offer, and i'm not impressed. It seems more like a way to try out a lot of different series rather than being able to read large sections of any one series.

Incredible Member

Until these services include new issues from Marvel and DC, they'll never fully take off. We don't need "Netflix for comics," we need "Hulu for comics."

Glad it's a sampler app. Not interested in seeing comics turn into a Spotify style industry. It's not big enough and I really don't see how it would grow the base the much. It would do little other than choke the creators dry of the little money they already make.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Sweet.

I see some of the Image stuff that I always wanted to try... LOW, SATELLITE SAM, STARVE (Yes! STARVE. Yes.), BITCH PLANET, THE FADE OUT.

I see the first three volumes of SAMURAI EXECUTIONER at Dark Horse. Brian Wood's THE MASSIVE.

So far so good. Okay start. We'll see what it looks like six months from now, but okay start.

Oh, and SHAFT: A COMPLICATED MAN from Dynamite.
    Last edited by 100010959493281; 05-24-2016 at 08:35 AM.

They've stated its only available for the US right now. As I'm in Canada, I'll have to wait I suppose.

Not sure it's worth it though, at least at this stage. I spend less than that, on average, for Image and Boom titles per month, as I buy more recent issues of series when they go on sale for 99 cents (which is a couple of times per year).

Just take my money, Comixology. You get a lot of it already and you keep giving me reasons to give you more. My bank account may suffer, but it's all for a good cause.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm still waiting for DC Unlimited .

and now comics are on demand for a small monthly fee
    maybe in a few years this will expand and I'll jump in but not yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Until these services include new issues from Marvel and DC, they'll never fully take off. We don't need "Netflix for comics," we need "Hulu for comics."
    Dude, Marvel Unlimited is already a steal. They'd never stay in business if they had recent comic books available at the price it's at. Comic book stores would be in even more trouble. The current six month or so delay is fine.

From what I've gathered on twitter, none of the creators behind these comics were told this was going to be a thing and their books were added to this without consultation. Isn't the whole selling point of working for Image that the creators get ultimate say in their titles? They are the owners of their work and how their property is used is solely up to them? Seems kinda shady.