Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Is anyone even going to buy it? There is literally no one at this point who hasn't been spoiled about the entire contents, right?

Im sure plenty of people will buy it. And I havent looked at anything other then officially released previews, so I still haven't been completely spoiled.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

To quote Johns forever-evil "Let them hate as long as they fear"

BANNED

Is anyone even going to buy it? There is literally no one at this point who hasn't been spoiled about the entire contents, right?
    It's 80 pages, and I certainly haven't seen more than about 10.

The real question is... who isn't going to buy it?
    It's basically selling itself at this point.

Even the most jaded DC fans are mildly curious.
    And a lot of folks apparently want it to succeed and show DC that Johns is right.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

Empty gesture being used as a show of confidence in the product.

He won't have to buy my copy back, because I'm not wasting my time and money on it. And if thinking for myself and knowing what I look for in storytelling isn't being met by Geoff Johns and Co. labels me a hater, so be it.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The real question is... who isn't going to buy it?
    It's basically selling itself at this point.

Even the most jaded DC fans are mildly curious.
    And a lot of folks apparently want it to succeed and show DC that Johns is right.
    Yeah, if my LCS is any indication then there were a lot more DC fans sitting out the New 52 than I thought.

Is there a time limit?
    Because I can buy a bunch of unsold copies out of the $1 box in a couple months and triple my money for each copy.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Incredible Member

Yup, me. I've avoided 99% of it. Only thing spoiled for me was Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Is there a time limit?
    Because I can buy a bunch of unsold copies out of the $1 box in a couple months and triple my money for each copy.
    Well, Geoff Johns has cojones, that much I'll concede. The terms of the the offer seem specific enough that arguably it is up to the consumer to accept Johns's offer and consequently create a binding contract.

As for the time limit, because it is not specified, Johns's offer has to remain open for a "reasonable" period of time.

But the devil is in the details: where exactly should REBIRTH be mailed to if someone "doesn’t like it"? Come on, Johns. What address is one supposed to use?!?
    Last edited by NYCER; 05-24-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Geoff Johns, I will pay you if you can bring my homegirl Pandora back. To think, you do this to her right after I was saying such nice things about you too; it's like I've been betrayed by my hero TT_TT
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    GEOFF JOHNS: The fine print states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if--and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! So you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!
    You just won this thread with that, sir!

This is an amusing PR stunt no matter how it plays out... It'd be hilarious if folks actually took Johns up on his offer and just mailed books en masse to Warner Bros. and demanded a refund of $2.99 per book...

Spectacular Member

Oddly, in some ways, having this book be a hot seller could be worse on him than it being a poor selling. Consider this: let's say a book sells 1,000 copies and 75% of people hate it enough to return it. That's 750 copies. But let's say it sells a million copies and only 1% hate it enough to return it. That's 10,000 copies.
    Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom; 05-24-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    Oddly, in some ways, having this book be a hot seller could be worst on him than it being a poor selling. Consider this: let's say a book sells 1,000 copies and 75% of people hate it enough to return it. That's 750 copies. But let's say it sells a million copies and only 1% hate it enough to return it. That's 10,000 copies.
    I'm sure DC will pick up the tab in secret. It's really no different than the guarantee they often give to retailers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    Oddly, in some ways, having this book be a hot seller could be worst on him than it being a poor selling. Consider this: let's say a book sells 1,000 copies and 75% of people hate it enough to return it. That's 750 copies. But let's say it sells a million copies and only 1% hate it enough to return it. That's 10,000 copies.
    He can afford it.