Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

then there's that whole "time travel" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    then there's that whole "time travel" bit.
    Which all three girls did by accident in a race to see who would get home first. Pretty damn casual super speed.

The Powerpuff Girls' powers are widely inconsistent. Sometimes they can breathe(?) in space and go to the sun, other times they're getting injured by petty criminals.

If the plot calls for it with the amazing feats and whatnot, Bubbles will rip 18 in half and probably do this....(go to 1:55 in the video)

If it's the latter, then Bubbles will die after a light punch from 18.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Which all three girls did by accident in a race to see who would get home first. Pretty damn casual super speed.
    That was supposed to be Einsteinian Relativity catching up with them though. Which shows that when they approach Lightspeed, they DON'T have the standard immunity to physics that say, the Flashes do.

Now, traveling BACK can lead to all sorts of debate about what THAT was supposed to be. FTL? Powers canceling common sense? Convenient Plot Device to wrap up the cartoon? Who knows.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That was supposed to be Einsteinian Relativity catching up with them though. Which shows that when they approach Lightspeed, they DON'T have the standard immunity to physics that say, the Flashes do.

Now, traveling BACK can lead to all sorts of debate about what THAT was supposed to be. FTL? Powers canceling common sense? Convenient Plot Device to wrap up the cartoon? Who knows.
    IIRC, the time travel occurred as soon as they broke light speed with their flight, but there's no indication how much beyond light speed they hit.

It's not really something that can be compared to DBZ, since massively FTL ships and characters don't time travel. Or in Whis' (as well as possibly Trunks' and Cell's) case, the time travel ability is unrelated to their FTL speed.

Android 18, seeing a small, blonde, noseless child, is reminded of her own little girl Marron. She loses the desire to fight and instead offers to take Bubbles for ice cream. Bubbles, being the sweetheart she is, immediately agrees and the two go get that ice cream, any thought of fighting immediately forgotten.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Android 18, seeing a small, blonde, noseless child, is reminded of her own little girl Marron. She loses the desire to fight and instead offers to take Bubbles for ice cream. Bubbles, being the sweetheart she is, immediately agrees and the two go get that ice cream, any thought of fighting immediately forgotten.
    With bloodlust turned off, I have absolutely no doubt that's exactly what would happen.

Unfortunately, though, it isn't. Which leaves us with something of an Unstoppable Force/Immovable Object scenario - 18 is probably stronger by a wide margin, but Bubbles is just ridiculously faster. I still think she could take a majority through ring-outs and maybe through that pseudo-SSJ state of hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Bubbles is faster, however she doesnt have the output damage to put down #18. While #18 could simply use an aoe ki blast.

So #18 takes it eventually.

Bubbles has gotten up from worse. And shrugging off a massive energy blast with just a little knockback is a very DBZ AND PPG thing to do. SO I'm doubting 18 can just drop Bubbles with an AoE.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

18 should be able to do that on a scale above planet busting though. I've never heard anything from the girls remotely in that league.

And the time travel thing seems to be some combination of travel speed and/or inconsistent without other showings. What else do they have for speed? Wasn't there something involving standing in for Santa on present delivery?

The PPGs were out done by the Rowdy Rough Bots. Who are not planet busters.

The girls had to use girl charm and embarrassing them to defeat them.

I think 18 has better stats in that department.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    And the time travel thing seems to be some combination of travel speed and/or inconsistent without other showings. What else do they have for speed?
    It really isn't. Bubbles once circled the Earth in four seconds - and it only took that long because she only realized she was supposed to actually be trying to win the race about halfway through. And even then, the effort she put in didn't make her break a sweat.

Also, 18 should be able to do blasts on a planetary scale, but here's where the infamous DBZ power-scaling dilemma comes into play. The biggest blast her non-Future version used, I think, was about the size of a small nuke - a fart by planet-busting standards, and well below what she should have been capable of based on her reputation. I'm not so much saying she can't, as that she never did it in the series; and I'm not sure where the rulings fall on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The PPGs were out done by the Rowdy Rough Bots. Who are not planet busters.

The girls had to use girl charm and embarrassing them to defeat them.
    Notice that pre-HIM powerup, they weren't seriously HURT by the RRB, even though they kept getting smashed through building and streets. Even when they got punched hard enough to make a nuclear explosion, it just knocked them down. They weren't even bruised up like they were after the HIM power-ed up versions. And they recovered from that pretty darn quickly too.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hmm.........

If we take the girls at their most powerful, I would imagine the vastly faster PPG could beat 18 through better speed. Physical strength is........odd. Didn't thy bust up a huge asteroid at some point?

If 18 survives the blitz, she can throw up her energy barrier and start blasting. Maybe that will work.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Hmm.........

If we take the girls at their most powerful, I would imagine the vastly faster PPG could beat 18 through better speed. Physical strength is........odd. Didn't thy bust up a huge asteroid at some point?

If 18 survives the blitz, she can throw up her energy barrier and start blasting. Maybe that will work.

Blossom froze a big ass asteroid and one punched it as frozen equals brittle or whatever. Was same ep as the Butter up lift, Bubbles 4 seconds around world and so forth.