Super Moderator

Default "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 Gets Square Bound 2nd Printing

The new edition of "DC Universe: Rebirth" will present the 80-page issue with an updated cover and new format.

Full article here.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

So the second printing will basically be formatted like the Legends of Tomorrow books? Hmm.... I may have to double dip then to get a more durable copy.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I feel like they could have done a better job with the new cover. Now... updated so you can see part of an arm in addition to hand! Really? They should have used that Rebirth splash page by Ivan Reis at the end of the comic with all the heroes smiling.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Since getting a real copy now will cost me double the price I might as well wait for the trade versions as planned. Hopefully the trade will show more than one cover anyway.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Since getting a real copy now will cost me double the price I might as well wait for the trade versions as planned. Hopefully the trade will show more than one cover anyway.
    I was going recommend Mycomicshop, but it seems their site's crashed.
    Probably unrelated...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    So the second printing will basically be formatted like the Legends of Tomorrow books? Hmm.... I may have to double dip then to get a more durable copy.
    I may have to quad dip lol, I have 2 regular issues and 1 midnight variant was going to get the 1.100 variant too but that sold out almost instantly lol
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member

Good, that was a great story, one I had been waiting for for a long time. ...Don't mind getting a bound version as well.

Great start DC. Now what we need:
    JSA (original and post-COIE),..with Kal-L
    Infinity Inc.
    LSH
    Captain Marvel series
    x2 Supermen, ...one in JL and the other in JLA (red and blue?)
    Martian Manhunter (in Supergirl series uniform)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I was going recommend Mycomicshop, but it seems their site's crashed.
    Probably unrelated...
    I tried with Midtown....could not get their site to work past the front page with my browser.
    Then for once my family went to a shopping plaza with a bookstore (!) (sigh) One. Day. Before. Rebirth. Came Out.
    I missed it by some 20 hours. By the time got off of work....sold out. Oh well.
    Was fortunate to get to see it anyway, but going to have to wait to hold it in my hands as property.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

So is this 2nd printing going to be more like a tpb or a premium edition like back in the day?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    So is this 2nd printing going to be more like a tpb or a premium edition like back in the day?
    Similar to those DC Comics Presents/100-Page Spectacular they used to print until a few years ago from what I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Similar to those DC Comics Presents/100-Page Spectacular they used to print until a few years ago from what I gather.
    ok good. Well im in either way , assuming it doesn't sell out in half an hr like the first printing did at my two shops lol.

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

ok good. Well im in either way , assuming it doesn't sell out in half an hr like the first printing did at my two shops lol.
    "This version will be produced in limited quantities and are sure to go fast once they hit retailers on Wednesday, June 8!" try and get your store to hold you a copy just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    "This version will be produced in limited quantities and are sure to go fast once they hit retailers on Wednesday, June 8!" try and get your store to hold you a copy just to be safe.
    LOL. That's just great. I guess id better reserve a copy. Thanks for the heads up.

LOL. That's just great. I guess id better reserve a copy. Thanks for the heads up.
    No worries given how well received Rebirth was I would not be surprised if that actually would be the case, at $5.99 for a square bound issue with no adverts is still a nothing price, especially when compared to the fact MARVEL are charging 5.99 for regular double sized issue in CW 2 #1.