Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Would you like to see a Superman/Lois Lane comic book?

Have had this question on my mind for quite some time and was wondering if anyone here would like see a Superman/Lois Lane comic book back in circulation.
    And no, I'm not talking about them immediately dating each other or falling in love, but, getting to know each other first as really good friends and perhaps this comic book can have Lois knowing Superman's secret identity and be along the lines of how Lois was portrayed in the Man of Steel.
    A fresh new approach on how Lois and Superman get to know each other in the comics and very slowly building up to a romance between the two characters.
    Think it would be a lot fun and very enjoyable to see as well.
    I've been a fan of Lois Lane and Superman for a very, very long time and really would like to see them back together again in the comics.
    And it would be really nice to see a comic like this that would appeal to both long time Superman fans and new ones too.
    What are your thoughts on this idea?
    Good idea?
    And what would you like to see in the book?
    Last edited by Lois; 06-25-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Have had this question on my mind for quite some time and was wondering if anyone here would like see a Superman/Lois Lane comic book back in circulation.
    And no, I'm not talking about them immediately dating each other or falling in love, but, getting to know each other first as really good friends and perhaps this comic book can have Lois knowing Superman's secret identity and be along the lines of how Lois was portrayed in the Man of Steel.
    A fresh new approach on how Lois and Superman get to know each other in the comics and very slowly building up to a romance between the two characters.
    I've been a fan of Lois Lane and Superman for a very, very long time and really would like to see them back together again in the comics.
    And it would be really nice to see a comic like this that would appeal to both long time Superman fans and new ones too.
    Good idea?
    I love the idea. I'd love to see the Superman family interacting more, like Lois meeting Kara, Conner, or Clark and Lois having a double date with other couple I miss: Bruce and Selina. I'd love to see Clark and Lois investigating together, going after a juicy story. Lots of action too. One can dream. ^_^

Incredible Member

Good idea?
    I would love to read a Superman/Lois comic book with Daily Planet staff and the Kent's.

mmmmm... not sure.

Personally I think I'd rather go back to seeing the old status quo. Clark already knows Lois. She likes superman. Doesn't know they are the same.

Between Lois and Clark/NA of Superman, and Smallville, and even Man of Steel... not to mention all the comic versions of the story Birthright/Man of Steel/etc. The whole 'Hi, This is Clark, he's new to the planet...' has been told repeatedly. I'm not sure I'd really get into a brand new retelling of the origin.

Now, the idea of him and WW annoys me. I definitely want Lois back in the picture... but in the standard role, not an origin.

Astonishing Member

This kind of book already exists in the form of Unchained or Smallville, it's just not called Superman/Lois because it's kind of redundant to list a supporting character.

All of that could be done in any of the current Superman titles.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    All of that could be done in any of the current Superman titles.
    If you're talking current new52 titles, I'm not as certain. They've gotten close with Unchained but that's a short-term title that is ending in only a few issues, leaving that dynamic to kind of wither. Both Action and Superman have been subsumed into the "Superman adventuring the world/universe" with very little left to focus on the Clark(Superman)/Lois dynamic.

If this had happened pre-52 I would have said "it was about time". If it were to happen now, though it would end up being a very different dynamic than the traditional "Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane" as they are nowhere near together. I suspect it would (kind of) resemble what I had hoped the Superman/Wonder Woman book would look like pre-relationship. I would have bought it as Superman/Wonder Woman (note: I'm not buying that book now because I still feel like it wasn't given enough time to simmer and thus feels both shallow and came out of nowhere). As Superman/Lois I'd probably buy it the same way as Unchained but I'm not as certain of my enjoyment of it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

No. CLARK/Lois, or just Lois, focusing on the investigative reporter angle with a side of romance? Dandy. But there shouldn't need to be a book devoted to their relationship when she's already the central member of his supporting cast; it's not a crossover, like with Batman or Wonder Woman. That the question's being raised at all is a pretty sad indictment of how their relationship's been handled for awhile now.

Unless the OP means a Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane style out of continuity joint focusing primarily on their relationship, in which case absolutely. Hell, I'd watch a movie of that.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    No. CLARK/Lois, or just Lois, focusing on the investigative reporter angle with a side of romance? Dandy. But there shouldn't need to be a book devoted to their relationship when she's already the central member of his supporting cast; it's not a crossover, like with Batman or Wonder Woman. That the question's being raised at all is a pretty sad indictment of how their relationship's been handled for awhile now.

Unless the OP means a Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane style out of continuity joint focusing primarily on their relationship, in which case absolutely. Hell, I'd watch a movie of that.
    Does that preclude a Batman/Catwoman book (wasn't there one of those in the past? I thought I remember one from the pre-52.)

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Agreed. See no point in it.

Maybe a Superman presents: Lois Lane book where it's from her perspective. I'd personally like it if it didn't fall to the all to familiar "love book" or "relationship book" that some female books seem to go. Not saying it should exclude that, but the Superman world is FAR more than "who's he dating".
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-26-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Like the sound of that.
    And I too would watch a movie of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Maybe a Superman presents: Lois Lane book where it's from her perspective. I'd personally like it if it didn't fall to the all to familiar "love book" or "relationship book" that some female books seem to go. Not saying it should exclude that, but the Superman world is FAR more than "who's he dating".
    Like that idea too.
    Also agree with you that the Superman world is FAR more than "who's he dating".
    Was just thinking that we've got Superman/WW book and why not have a Superman/Lois book, but, with a different and new approach.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    Does that preclude a Batman/Catwoman book (wasn't there one of those in the past? I thought I remember one from the pre-52.)
    There actually was a Batman/Catwoman book.
    bw.cw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    If this had happened pre-52 I would have said "it was about time". If it were to happen now, though it would end up being a very different dynamic than the traditional "Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane" as they are nowhere near together. I suspect it would (kind of) resemble what I had hoped the Superman/Wonder Woman book would look like pre-relationship. I would have bought it as Superman/Wonder Woman (note: I'm not buying that book now because I still feel like it wasn't given enough time to simmer and thus feels both shallow and came out of nowhere). As Superman/Lois I'd probably buy it the same way as Unchained but I'm not as certain of my enjoyment of it.
    Agree that it would be a different dynamic than the traditional "Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane".
    A friend of mine has bought the Superman/WW books and told me that he wanted to see a Superman/Lois book as well.
    Last edited by Lois; 06-26-2014 at 09:38 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Like that idea too.
    Also agree with you that the Superman world is FAR more than "who's he dating".
    Was just thinking that we've got Superman/WW book and why not have a Superman/Lois book, but, with a different and new approach.
    Oh no I get where you're coming from but the thing is a Superman/Lois book isn't a cross over like Superman/Wonder Woman. It would be redundant cuz you could get that in a normal Superman book. She's already a supporting cast member.

A Lois book spun out of Superman would be more worth our time I think. Make it more than "relationship drama". Have her as the fearless reporting reporting in the amazing age of the superheroes. An almost noir-like look at the amazing world of superheroes. Not simply reporting on the news as we in the real world know it but reporting on things that could only happen in the DCU.

We could have her perspective on big events. "How was Lois Lane getting the scope during the big attack from dimension 74" etc. I'd also like to keep the triangle in play with Lois' perspective. Her growing attraction to the amazing Superman and her budding friendship to the reporter Clark Kent.

Just for the love of god don't just make it a "romance" book

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh no I get where you're coming from but the thing is a Superman/Lois book isn't a cross over like Superman/Wonder Woman. It would be redundant cuz you could get that in a normal Superman book. She's already a supporting cast member.

A Lois book spun out of Superman would be more worth our time I think. Make it more than "relationship drama". Have her as the fearless reporting reporting in the amazing age of the superheroes. An almost noir-like look at the amazing world of superheroes. Not simply reporting on the news as we in the real world know it but reporting on things that could only happen in the DCU.

We could have her perspective on big events. "How was Lois Lane getting the scope during the big attack from dimension 74" etc. I'd also like to keep the triangle in play with Lois' perspective. Her growing attraction to the amazing Superman and her budding friendship to the reporter Clark Kent.

Just for the love of god don't just make it a "romance" book
    Also really like that idea too and very nicely said.