Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Agreed. See no point in it.
    The kind of book that was described is essentially what Siegel and Shuster wrote back during the Golden Age. Lois and Clark as investigative reporters with a constant romantic chase for dessert. So, to me at least, it's kind of like saying there would be no point in honoring the original vision of Superman's creators. I do agree, though, that a Lois-centric book would be a worthwhile compromise since the Clark/Lois dynamic can be incorporated into his existing titles.

  2. #17
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mbml2104 View Post
    I would love to read a Superman/Lois comic book with Daily Planet staff and the Kent's.
    Yes! That's what the main Superman comicbook should be.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  3. #18
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    The kind of book that was described is essentially what Siegel and Shuster wrote back during the Golden Age. Lois and Clark as investigative reporters with a constant romantic chase for dessert. So, to me at least, it's kind of like saying there would be no point in honoring the original vision of Superman's creators. I do agree, though, that a Lois-centric book would be a worthwhile compromise since the Clark/Lois dynamic can be incorporated into his existing titles.
    Seems redundant. Don't think Siegel was look for a Superman/Lois book on top of the Superman book that already had her and him in it.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Seems redundant. Don't think Siegel was look for a Superman/Lois book on top of the Superman book that already had her and him in it.
    Since there's no book where Superman and Lois currently team up or interact, it would not be redundant at all. In terms of a book featuring a romantic relationship between Clark and Lois in the future possibly, I think it would be a solid idea. Superman books, and I'm sure Superman fans, needn't always be saddled with relationship or romance-centric stories all the time, so segregating stories with that angle into something else could be a good compromise.

  5. #20
    Mighty Member Trevel8182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earth-8182
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    I'd Love a new Superman's girlfriend Lois Lane book but this the New 52 so that's not gonna happen.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    There were a couple of interesting ideas here.

    I wouldn't mind seeing a book set prior to Superman #1 somewhere between Clark's debut and when Lois moved up to being a TV producer. Stories that focused on the Planet staff as more than how to fill a few panels between Superman fighting unearthly threats. Think Lois and Clark but with the camp and romance elements dialed back but the notion of threats being tied to investigative journalism remaining. One issue might have Clark and Jimmy covering a museum exhibit opening and stumbling on smuggling, or violent protestors who feel the exhibit is in some way offensive, or that one of the items being displayed has mystic ties. Another issue might deal with Lois and Clark's attempts to expose connections between Luthor and a politician. A third issue might deal with Clark simply trying to set up an interview but having his other job keep him from making any appointment.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,229

    Default

    kelly sue deconnick has said that Lois is one of her favorite characters ever. DC should offer her a Lois series. or at least a mini series. she recently wrote a short story featuring Lois in Adventures of Superman.

  8. #23
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sudbury, UK
    Posts
    2,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    CLARK/Lois, or just Lois, focusing on the investigative reporter angle
    This I would buy.

    Skip the romance (unless DC agrees to have L and C properly together again) and just show Lois or Lois and Clark as reporters. No Superman.

    I'd actually prefer just Lois, with Clark showing up for certain arcs.

  9. #24
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Since there's no book where Superman and Lois currently team up or interact, it would not be redundant at all. In terms of a book featuring a romantic relationship between Clark and Lois in the future possibly, I think it would be a solid idea. Superman books, and I'm sure Superman fans, needn't always be saddled with relationship or romance-centric stories all the time, so segregating stories with that angle into something else could be a good compromise.
    Just seems redundant when you can do that in either of the main books whenever you like. Obviously it wouldn't be for the whole book but for an arc or two then take off from it and come back to it whenever. It's as redundant as having a Batman/Jim Gordon book. You can have that book in the main ones whenever you like because they are supporting characters. You can't have a Batman/Superman book or a Superman/Wonder Woman book in the main books of any of them because they are not supporting characters and it's a more special occasion when they link up.

    DC not using Lois well is their bad, but that doesn't lock her off from being used in a team up manner in the main books down the line. I don't think this demands an actual dedicated team up book at all. A Lois book would be far more worth the time.

  10. #25
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,580

    Default

    Hmmm ... I would say NO to a SUPERMAN/LOIS LANE team-up ongoing title.

    But I would say a very enthusiastic YES to a LOIS LANE solo ongoing title.

    I'd have some conditions:

    - Set in Superverse (not disconnected like Steve Trevor was from Wonderverse in the ARGUS mini)
    - Part of the same editorial team that handles ACTION, SUPERMAN, etc
    - Not dependent on Lois & Clark being together, but not averse to the coupling either
    - Superman/Clark shows up often, at least as often as Batman/Bruce does in the ongoing CATWOMAN title
    - Always from Lois Lane's POV
    - Delve more deeply into her own family (Lucy, Sam, Ella) and establish her own sub-supporting cast
    - Put a GOOD creative team on it

    But yeah, I'd buy LOIS LANE #1. And LOIS LANE #2. And so on.

    I mean, these looks kinda cool, right?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-27-2014 at 12:48 PM.

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Yes. or a Lois solo with clark/superman guest starring. Any of it would work well

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yes! That's what the main Superman comicbook should be.
    seems like this is the way Johns will take in his book

  12. #27
    Read my mind Lois's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Hmmm ... I would say NO to a SUPERMAN/LOIS LANE team-up ongoing title.

    But I would say a very enthusiastic YES to a LOIS LANE solo ongoing title.

    I'd have some conditions:

    - Set in Superverse (not disconnected like Steve Trevor was from Wonderverse in the ARGUS mini)
    - Part of the same editorial team that handles ACTION, SUPERMAN, etc
    - Not dependent on Lois & Clark being together, but not averse to the coupling either
    - Superman/Clark shows up often, at least as often as Batman/Bruce does in the ongoing CATWOMAN title
    - Always from Lois Lane's POV
    - Delve more deeply into her own family (Lucy, Sam, Ella) and establish her own sub-supporting cast
    - Put a GOOD creative team on it

    But yeah, I'd buy LOIS LANE #1. And LOIS LANE #2. And so on.

    I mean, these looks kinda cool, right?
    Really like that too and the conditions you've pointed out.
    Those books do look really cool.
    A Lois Lane book with lots of Superman in it would be sweet indeed. *winks*

  13. #28
    Read my mind Lois's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    kelly sue deconnick has said that Lois is one of her favorite characters ever. DC should offer her a Lois series. or at least a mini series. she recently wrote a short story featuring Lois in Adventures of Superman.
    Agree too that DC should offer her a Lois series.
    Really want to see a book with Lois Lane and Superman in it with a writer that loves and respects the character.

  14. #29
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    seems like this is the way Johns will take in his book
    Yes, the creator of the Superman/Wonder Woman couple is clearly going to turn his run into a Superman/Lois team up book after putting the female lead of said team up book in one freaking panel on the only issue we have. I mean, we can all see the signs here
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

  15. #30
    436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Hmmm ... I would say NO to a SUPERMAN/LOIS LANE team-up ongoing title.

    But I would say a very enthusiastic YES to a LOIS LANE solo ongoing title.

    I'd have some conditions:

    - Set in Superverse (not disconnected like Steve Trevor was from Wonderverse in the ARGUS mini)
    - Part of the same editorial team that handles ACTION, SUPERMAN, etc
    - Not dependent on Lois & Clark being together, but not averse to the coupling either
    - Superman/Clark shows up often, at least as often as Batman/Bruce does in the ongoing CATWOMAN title
    - Always from Lois Lane's POV
    - Delve more deeply into her own family (Lucy, Sam, Ella) and establish her own sub-supporting cast
    - Put a GOOD creative team on it

    But yeah, I'd buy LOIS LANE #1. And LOIS LANE #2. And so on.

    I mean, these looks kinda cool, right?
    To be honest with you, I would pay serious bucks to read a Lois Lane maxi series.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •