Default What does your favorite piece of media say about you?

Faves.jpg
    Top: RoD the TV, Martian Successor Nadesico, Future Diary. Middle: Azumanga Daioh, Nausicaa, Kare Kano. Bottom: Wolf Children, Colorful, Five Centimeters per Second.

Post your top three favorite animation (top row), comics (middle row), and animated movies (bottom row).

Someone else may post and take a guess as to what your taste says about you or what sort of themes you like.

You don't have to make it into a collage, just having a list is fine.

This is all in good fun.
    Last edited by Falseface; 05-24-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would say your posts say that you like Anime & Manga? (seriously I know nothing about anything posted so that's the best I got, sorry.)

As for me

Favorite Animations
    1. Invader Zim
    2. Steven Universe
    3. The DC Animated Universe (I can't pick just one BTAS, Beyond, Superman & JLA/JLU are all solid shows)

Favorite Comics
    1. Multiversity
    2. Green Lantern
    3. Final Crisis

Favorite Animated Movies
    1. Lion King
    2. Prince of Egypt
    3. Lilo & Stitch
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

What's the difference between animation in general and animated movies?

And why isn't live action stuff a valid medium?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Falseface View Post
    Faves.jpg
    Top: RoD the TV, Martian Successor Nadesico, Future Diary. Middle: Azumanga Daioh, Nausicaa, Kare Kano. Bottom: Wolf Children, Colorful, Five Centimeters per Second.

Post your top three favorite animation (top row), comics (middle row), and animated movies (bottom row).

Someone else may post and take a guess as to what your taste says about you or what sort of themes you like.

You don't have to make it into a collage, just having a list is fine.

This is all in good fun.
    Your stuff tells me that you could almost be my ultimate nemesis except for the lack of furrie animation. Had you had that then we would be mortal enemies. Something about anime just really bugs me to death but furry anime is even worse.

I'm not going to bother posting lists because I for the most part don't like animation at all (especially anime). There are things like Toy Story that I enjoyed to a point when I took my kid to it but not enough that I'd ever choose to watch it on my own. So my list would be of things I liked as a kid (Scooby Doo) or things I can tolerate but wouldn't represent anything I'd ever watch now as an adult absent taking a kid to it.

(Lest anyone not get sarcasm, I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just saying its apparent we have very opposite tastes).
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 05-25-2016 at 02:16 AM.

BANNED

Modified the mission a bit, because otherwise what it would say is, well, here is a guy who isn't really that much into animted films and series.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Modified the mission a bit, because otherwise what it would say is, well, here is a guy who isn't really that much into animted films and series.

That's fine. You and anyone else interested in making their post like this is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Your stuff tells me that you could almost be my ultimate nemesis except for the lack of furrie animation. Had you had that then we would be mortal enemies. Something about anime just really bugs me to death but furry anime is even worse.

I'm not going to bother posting lists because I for the most part don't like animation at all (especially anime). There are things like Toy Story that I enjoyed to a point when I took my kid to it but not enough that I'd ever choose to watch it on my own. So my list would be of things I liked as a kid (Scooby Doo) or things I can tolerate but wouldn't represent anything I'd ever watch now as an adult absent taking a kid to it.

(Lest anyone not get sarcasm, I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just saying its apparent we have very opposite tastes).
    Ha ha. I'm glad I don't like Spice and Wolf then (how could I? I haven't watched it yet). It's fine.

Edit: Technically my list contains one anime where a young woman and a young werewolf fall in love and have two little werewolf children.

Oh no! We're enemies now. Heh. Just kidding.
    Last edited by Falseface; 05-25-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What's the difference between animation in general and animated movies?

And why isn't live action stuff a valid medium?
    Hm. Well, the only difference would be how long it is, since cartoons nowadays are 30 minutes long (they also have seasons w/ a set amount of episodes) and animated movies are an hour long.

If you want to put live action shows on your list, you're free to do so. I was just curious if anyone else had certain animated series/comics/movies they liked.
    Last edited by Falseface; 05-25-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Okay I don't see a difference between favorite animation and favorite animated movie; but, for the sake of diversity, I will separate feature film animation from tv, anime and animated short.

Favorite Animation (tv, short, or anime):
    Looney Tunes
    Jonny Quest
    Gatchaman

Favorite Comics:
    Starman (90s series)
    The Spirit
    Master of Kung Fu

Favorite Feature Animation:
    The Incredibles
    The Iron Giant
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

and for a bonus,

Favorite Movies:
    The Three Musketeers/The Four Musketeers (they were filmed as one movie)
    The Pink Panther Strikes Again
    12 Angry Men

ps. Favorite comics doesn't begin to scratch the surface, especially at just three.