Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Something trending on twitter isn't exactly news.

There's nothing wrong with being a straight, white male. #KeepCapStraight.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

This doesn't exactly needs to happen, but we wouldn't be so desperate for it if there was at least one non-straight hero on the MCU/DCU films.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Fans demand it? I think most fans will be super upset. Not because there can't or shouldn't be a gay Captain America. And not because there can't or shouldn't be a gay superhero leading his book/movie. But it's just not Steve Rogers... And yes technically anyone can be gay, but that does not automatically mean everyone is
    Fans don't ignore 7 decades of continuity and character history.
    Especially when both characters have heterosexual relationships

There CAN be a gay captain america, just not steve. I Agree with that
    I don't necessarily support it but if it reflects the new attitudes to gay people in the American military?
    why not.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    This doesn't exactly needs to happen, but we wouldn't be so desperate for it if there was at least one non-straight hero on the MCU/DCU films.
    How do you know that there isn't already? Sexuality does not need to be discussed or revealed in detail in any of these movies. It's not an issue or a plot point for most of these characters or their storylines.

Mighty Member

Kind to think of it DC tried to be more diverse and retconned Wally West to be an Africa-American kid and we all know how well that turned out... I mean it's not like people did not want to see an African-American kid gain speed powers and be center stage in the Flash book, just not when the kid is Wally West...

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Kind to think of it DC tried to be more diverse and retconned Wally West to be an Africa-American kid and we all know how well that turned out... I mean it's not like people did not want to see an African-American kid gain speed powers and be center stage in the Flash book, just not when the kid is Wally West...
    a more recent example would be Bobby Drake, Iceman.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being a straight, white male. #KeepCapStraight.
    Especially since to me Cap-Bucky is like the ultimate straight male friendship in comics, two great buddies, you know. I will place it second after Ben and Reed.

Cap had an almost relationship with Peggy in Cap 1. Made out with Natasha in Cap 2. Had a full on frenchie with Sharon in Cap 3. Why make him suddenly swing the other way just because he's friends with Bucky?

Astonishing Member

I guess two males can't just become friends? Now they have to be gay and in lust with each other?

What's the next push for? Batman and Superman in love and in a serious relationship? Batman and Superman: Dawn of Lust.

Mighty Member

The movie is getting more free publicity.

BANNED

When did CBR become Bleeding Cool?

You know, others have already pointed out better than I that Platonic friendships are real, and that you can risk your life for someone you care about without wanting romance with them.

So I'll just say that if folks insist Captain America should be chasing after every other superhero he respects and risks his life for... Steve is going to be exhausted
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

The MCU needs more LGBT representation, but it shouldn't remove one of it's most impactful relationships in the process. Imo, the Cap/Bucky relationship is so moving/strong because it's not romantic. They've suffered unimaginable trauma over decades, and the only real constant they have is one another. Hell, before all the trauma of war and Hydra, these two really only had each other (at the very least, Bucky was the only friend Steve had). A brotherhood forged by fire, providing a friendship stronger than pretty much every romantic relationship in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Pretty soon that saying 'Men and women can't just be friends' will also include 'Men and other men can't just be friends'. There's always a sexual agenda, no true friendship.