Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

As usual, Turk and JD have already handled this question for us: Guy Love

Amazing Member

Wonder how many of the people taking part of this actually give a damn about LGBT rights.... or are they just capitalizing on the Elsa trend to get their favorite straight, white boy ship a headline?

It's interesting to me that it goes straight to Steve/Bucky or Steve/Tony when Sam/Steve are also a very valid option. Of course, for some reason, Sam just isn't treated the same. Despite him and Steve being very flirty when they met. Despite Sam and Steve working in-sync as partners who trust each-other with their lives. Fans ignore that relationship at every turn. And, sadly, that has everything to do with his race because they do the same with Tony/Rhodey. Despite having every reason to be shipped, it's not a huge one.

Also sick of seeing people in the tag pretending to care about Sharon. "She deserves more than being a love interest!" That's true, but these same people would be just as happy if she vanished altogether. She's just a woman who's in the way of their ship. They don't care about her. The only reason she deserves more is because they want her out of the way.

Anyway, Sam and Sharon deserve better and their relationships with Steve deserve to be treated as important as they really are. Tired of Stucky fans doing whatever they can to erase them to prop Stucky up.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

People ship two characters to varying degrees of wanting it represented in the primary canon. This isn't that big of a deal.

A lot of folk would welcome a gay Captain America is all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    People ship two characters to varying degrees of wanting it represented in the primary canon. This isn't that big of a deal.

A lot of folk would welcome a gay Captain America is all.
    A lot of folks support a pole dancing Loki, too.

Good idea? Eh, I'll let you decide for yourself.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    A lot of folks support a pole dancing Loki, too.

Good idea? Eh, I'll let you decide for yourself.
    Why not? I'm sure Loki can ride a pole with the best.

John stewart sucks DevilsGambit's Avatar

This probably has to be the dumbest thing I've seen come out of Twitter.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

I'm a gay man and I love the idea of more representation in media. That said, I never have seen Steve and Bucky in a romantic light. Sure, it could make for a fun "what if?" crack ship, but the films haven't really driven home any romance between them. Steve and Bucky have always had a brotherly bond, and now that bond is intensified in modern day because they're the only remaining objects from one another's past. Just because they aren't romantic doesn't mean they aren't as important to one another. Platonic relationships can be just as beautiful as romantic ones.

That said (again), if Disney/Marvel wanted to give Steve a same-sex love interest, they should have the right to. Nothing has been stated on screen saying he can't be interested in men. Sure, he's definitely interested in women, but people are complex creatures. We're allowed to be interested in more than one person and/or gender. Going off of Civil War though, it doesn't appear Disney/Marvel is looking to give Steve a same-sex love interest anytime soon, seeing as they shoved the Steve/Sharon romance forcefully down our throats. Honestly, I would probably have been less uncomfortable if he'd kissed Bucky instead because there's just more history and chemistry between them, but that doesn't mean I think they should get together. I like the platonic relationship they have; I'm just also not a fan of the Steve/Sharon thing. I'd personally have preferred no romance for Steve. He's got too much on his plate to really commit now anyways. (Although I'm a sucker for the Steve/Natasha relationship in that "we'd never work, but there's something between us" sort of way.)

Now, Elsa on the other hand... There's nothing stopping Disney from endorsing that plot line with her, other than the fact that they probably just aren't ready to deal with the backlash from such a move. I mean, there's hardcore subtext there. And now I'm getting off topic.
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

This is one of those things that if you disagree with it you are called ether racist, sexist, or homophobic by social justice warriors.

Like when the new Ghostbusters trailer and people who hated it where called misogynists.

BANNED

Besides, it they were going pair MCU Cap up with a guy it'd have to be Falcon, who's been rocking an obvious man-crush on Steve from the moment he laid eyes on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsGambit View Post
    This probably has to be the dumbest thing I've seen come out of Twitter.
    I find that extraordinarily unlikely.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

oh my gosh Sebastian Stan looked so young and hot
    he's kinda fat now
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

All-New Member

What really annoys me about these articles is that they're always pushing for Steve/Bucky when in reality, Steve/Tony makes so much more sense and would even explain some events in more recent comic storylines. MCU is not and should not be the be all end all of Marvel.

Astonishing Member

There's honestly nothing wrong with two friends (male/male or male/female) being extremely close and remaining just that friends, brothers in arms or what have you. It's the purity of that friendship that makes it so endearing. If we must have representation across all boards create new characters for that purpose, or at the very least don't retcon decades worth of history for the sake of representation. We need new characters to love and cheer as easily as we do the old ones. Recycling characters to fit the new status quo seems disingenuous because they could easily reset tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by abominfication View Post
    What really annoys me about these articles is that they're always pushing for Steve/Bucky when in reality, Steve/Tony makes so much more sense and would even explain some events in more recent comic storylines. MCU is not and should not be the be all end all of Marvel.
    How does Steve/Tony make more sense than Steve/Bucky, and where does that leave Steve/Sam? Steve has meaningful relationships with all three for better or for worse, I don't think one can supersede the other as the relationship to sell all of a sudden..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Cap had an almost relationship with Peggy in Cap 1. Made out with Natasha in Cap 2. Had a full on frenchie with Sharon in Cap 3. Why make him suddenly swing the other way just because he's friends with Bucky?
    Peggy and cap were in a relationship,it was just short.The marvel's agents carter show goes into more details about that.

In 1943, after the abrupt end of Project Rebirth and Rogers' transformation into the only Allied Super Soldier, Carter assisted him in becoming the world's first superhero - Captain America, and eventually fell in love with him. After Rogers' disappearance in 1945, she continued the SSR's fight against HYDRA, capturing the last high-ranking HYDRA officer Werner Reinhardt, and continuing her service in the SSR once the War ended.