Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Please, they have no chemistry. She was basically spying on him in the first movie, and in the second movie she's the niece of his dead love interest. That's super creepy.

Whatever their comic relationship is meant to be, it hasn't translated very well. She's completely forgettable.
    That's certainly your opinion.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    That's certainly your opinion.
    I think whatever potential there was has been killed by making her Peggy's niece. As PyroTwlight said, there was absolutely no one that didn't find that kiss awkward and kinda creepy.

Im on team give cap a boyfriend.

Sharon Carter is a boring love interest, Marvel are literally saying it's less weird for Cap to be banging the niece of his dead almost girlfriend than for him to be dating a guy. The Sharon Carter kiss in Civil War felt like a studio note to quell Bucky/Cap shippers.

The MCU needs more diversity, Civil War is a straight white sausage fest. There diversity was literally 3 black guys, two women, a drone and a bloody robot. And only Widow and Panther are non-American. Vision's a robot and he was born in the US.

Cap's love life is such a non issue storyline, that if they just made Bucky his boyfriend NOTHING would change but he'd be a role model for young LGBT viewers. He's gay and he's Captain America and it's not a big deal. That, ironically, would be a huge deal to a minority audience.

I mean, you could give Cap a boyfriend in Falcon but they are much more a bromance, Bucky is obviously something more to Steve.

You can scream SJW all you want, but these movies lack diversity (they're better than DC but that's literally saying nothing).
    This post is hilarious in so many ways.

"CW was a straight white sausage fest" ... turn around and immediately mention the 3 black guys, the 3 woman, and a robot lol. This is the most diverse movie Marvel has produced so far.

IF they made Cap gay and then didn't show him having a romantic interest in a dude... people would just complain about that fact. "afraid to show gay relationship!"

And you are right. Cap and Bucky is more than Cap and Falcon. Bucky is his childhood best friend from before they were both super soldiers. He is the absolute last thing connecting him to his pre Cap life. He IS more than a friend.... doesn't mean they are gay.

I mean hell, all of Cap 1 had Bucky being a ladies man, Rogers lamenting how he can't find a girl without getting stepped on, lusting after Peggy, make out with that army chick. I mean come on, just beause two actors have great chemistry, doesn't mean they want to bone
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Out of all potential couplings, and ignoring pre-established sexual preferences, I see far more sexual tension between Cap and Iron Man than Cap/Falcon or Cap/Bucky.

I'd actually buy that Tony is bisexual even with the pre-existing movies.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This post is hilarious in so many ways.

"CW was a straight white sausage fest" ... turn around and immediately mention the 3 black guys, the 3 woman, and a robot lol. This is the most diverse movie Marvel has produced so far.

IF they made Cap gay and then didn't show him having a romantic interest in a dude... people would just complain about that fact. "afraid to show gay relationship!"

And you are right. Cap and Bucky is more than Cap and Falcon. Bucky is his childhood best friend from before they were both super soldiers. He is the absolute last thing connecting him to his pre Cap life. He IS more than a friend.... doesn't mean they are gay.

I mean hell, all of Cap 1 had Bucky being a ladies man, Rogers lamenting how he can't find a girl without getting stepped on, lusting after Peggy, make out with that army chick. I mean come on, just beause two actors have great chemistry, doesn't mean they want to bone
    There were only two prominent female characters in CW. Sharon Carter is a plot device and a kiss scene, she's not a major character.

It being the most diverse movie Marvel has produced isn't saying much, when Panther is the only person of colour not relegated to side kick and none of the female characters have their own franchises. Wow, I'mma slow clap that ****. Bravo Marvel, have a diversity award.

If they made Cap gay and chose to spend as much time on his romance as they do every other heteronormative aspect of the past Marvel movies, then no one would complain. Fair's fair.

You could write their characters anyway you wanted, hell a bisexual Captain America would be leaps and bounds for diversity. There is zero LGBT representation in the Avengers or heroes line up.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, they waited an extra movie since they revealed her first name just to give movie goers extra time to be used to Sharon before revealing she was related to Peggy.

I think that says... maybe not a lot, but certainly something.

Even in the comics Peggy and Sharon being related made it a bit awkward originally.

Could it work down the line? Absolutely.

Did it in the Civil War film? I'd say no.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The scene where Steve and Wanda were trading "angst" notes had more chemistry than Steve and Sharon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The scene where Steve and Wanda were trading "angst" notes had more chemistry than Steve and Sharon.
    That it did.

A part of me thought they were setting them up for a minute like they did pre House of M.

Then Vision popped in to the room.

Still that was a great scene overall.

Extraordinary Member

Gay ppl used to fight against the notion that they couldn't see two men as just friends...

There were only two prominent female characters in CW. Sharon Carter is a plot device and a kiss scene, she's not a major character.

It being the most diverse movie Marvel has produced isn't saying much, when Panther is the only person of colour not relegated to side kick and none of the female characters have their own franchises. Wow, I'mma slow clap that ****. Bravo Marvel, have a diversity award.

I didn't say they were perfect. They just did BETTER. Progress was made. ANd it isn't a coincidence it happened with Ike got booted.

There is pretty much zero LGBT representation anywhere, especially comic book movies. Xmen much?

You don't fix the problem by imagining a gay relationship between friends and pushing for a hetero character to be bent.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That chick playing Sharon is out of her league honestly. She should stick with TV. I think she only has one, blankless emotion face

You know, I don't mind if they give Cap a boyfriend. I just don't want it to be Bucky. I think it would be interesting to have a bisexual character in such a prominent role in this franchise, and nothing established says he couldn't be.

If ever go that route, I think I'd prefer if they went with a more civilian type character.

Mighty Member

I think whatever potential there was has been killed by making her Peggy's niece. As PyroTwlight said, there was absolutely no one that didn't find that kiss awkward and kinda creepy.

That is untrue, all it takes is one person to disagree and your no one statement is false.

Amazing Member

Im on team give cap a boyfriend.

Sharon Carter is a boring love interest, Marvel are literally saying it's less weird for Cap to be banging the niece of his dead almost girlfriend than for him to be dating a guy. The Sharon Carter kiss in Civil War felt like a studio note to quell Bucky/Cap shippers.

The MCU needs more diversity, Civil War is a straight white sausage fest. There diversity was literally 3 black guys, two women, a drone and a bloody robot. And only Widow and Panther are non-American. Vision's a robot and he was born in the US.

Cap's love life is such a non issue storyline, that if they just made Bucky his boyfriend NOTHING would change but he'd be a role model for young LGBT viewers. He's gay and he's Captain America and it's not a big deal. That, ironically, would be a huge deal to a minority audience.

I mean, you could give Cap a boyfriend in Falcon but they are much more a bromance, Bucky is obviously something more to Steve.

You can scream SJW all you want, but these movies lack diversity (they're better than DC but that's literally saying nothing).

It's less weird for him to be banging Peggy's niece than Bucky because, you know, he is heterosexual.

And giving him a boyfriend would satisfy a minority but piss off lifelong fans of the character who have grown with him as a heterosexual.

There is nothing wrong with heterosexuality, and if a character was designed that way making him gay is not the way to go.

Look forward for the MCU to include gay characters, but don't change established ones.

BANNED

Nope. Do not want.