Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kosarev View Post
    It's less weird for him to be banging Peggy's niece than Bucky because, you know, he is heterosexual.

And giving him a boyfriend would satisfy a minority but piss off lifelong fans of the character who have grown with him as a heterosexual.

There is nothing wrong with heterosexuality, and if a character was designed that way making him gay is not the way to go.

Look forward for the MCU to include gay characters, but don't change established ones.
    A character having to be designed to be gay is probably one of the most offensive things I've read so far.

ANYONE could be gay/bi. Gay is not a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That is untrue, all it takes is one person to disagree and your no one statement is false.
    Hyberbole passes you right on by, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I didn't say they were perfect. They just did BETTER. Progress was made. ANd it isn't a coincidence it happened with Ike got booted.

There is pretty much zero LGBT representation anywhere, especially comic book movies. Xmen much?

You don't fix the problem by imagining a gay relationship between friends and pushing for a hetero character to be bent.
    Getting slap is better than getting punched, yet it's not good progress is it?

Good LGBT representation is few and far between, only show I can think of with good racial and sexuality representation is Sense8. X-Men is a whole other reason to be annoyed, especially with a gay man at the helm of those movies. But whatever, Singer is a hack and a traitor to his own cause.

How is it imagining? If it's written in then it's canon. You could say the same thing about the random romance between Banner and Widow, but you wouldn't cuz heteronormativity.

Niffleheim

Since we have a fake Jean in the MCU maybe Scarlet Witch can tell other heterosexual dudes that they are gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

How is it imagining? If it's written in then it's canon. You could say the same thing about the random romance between Banner and Widow, but you wouldn't cuz heteronormativity.
    A lot of people thought that was stupid
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Hyberbole passes you right on by, doesn't it?

Common sense passes you by obviously. You want gay characters in the MCU, then use ones from the comics duh.

Common sense passes you by obviously. You want gay characters in the MCU, then use ones from the comics duh.
    Lol, all 3 of them? All owned by Fox xD

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Pod and New Giant Man are under Disney/Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    You know, I don't mind if they give Cap a boyfriend. I just don't want it to be Bucky. I think it would be interesting to have a bisexual character in such a prominent role in this franchise, and nothing established says he couldn't be.

If ever go that route, I think I'd prefer if they went with a more civilian type character.
    That won't please the ones rallying behind this movement though. They only care about their fanfic fulfillment, not character development.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A lot of people thought that was stupid
    Yes because unlike Bucky/Cap, there has been zero groundwork for Hulk/Widow. Only character work done between them pre-AOU was that she's shit scared of him.

Yes because unlike Bucky/Cap, there has been zero groundwork for Hulk/Widow.
    There's zero groundwork for a Bucky-Cap homosexual pairing too. They've both been well established as heterosexual.

A character having to be designed to be gay is probably one of the most offensive things I've read so far.

ANYONE could be gay/bi. Gay is not a personality.
    Every character is designed. They're mental constructs. Every aspect of them is something thought up by a real human being.

Straight characters are designed to be straight. Gay characters are designed to be gay. Bi characters are designed to be bi.

If any of this is offensive to you, I'd advise you to stop partaking of fiction.

That is untrue, all it takes is one person to disagree and your no one statement is false.
    Make it two. Seemed to me that Steve had that discovery of how he waited too long with one relationship, so he was going to take a chance on this one up front. Agree with the match or not, the kiss made sense to me.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Every character is designed. They're mental constructs. Every aspect of them is something thought up by a real human being.

Straight characters are designed to be straight. Gay characters are designed to be gay. Bi characters are designed to be bi.

If any of this is offensive to you, I'd advise you to stop partaking of fiction.
    This isn't true, and I don't have the patience to explain heteronormativity and privilege etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    There's zero groundwork for a Bucky-Cap homosexual pairing too. They've both been well established as heterosexual.
    Bisexual pairing, oh look groundworks done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Make it two. Seemed to me that Steve had that discovery of how he waited too long with one relationship, so he was going to take a chance on this one up front. Agree with the match or not, the kiss made sense to me.
    I saw it as him projecting Peggy onto Sharon. And he was clearly desperate for something he could hold on to as a man out of time. I totally got the kids and the relationship.

Astonishing Member

Until the MCU (particularly the films as AoS and Jessica Jones do have gay character) then yeah. Threads like this will keep popping up.

Folks want representation.

Personally Pod is who I'd consider an "easy" LGBT character to include but even she's unlikely if we're talking about just the Avengers.

Last I heard even Moondragon and Phylla were nixed.

So yeah even where it'd make even more sense like the Guardians to have LGBT characters since they're two of its most well known members they're not being used.

Thus why threads like this happen.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 05-25-2016 at 09:45 AM.

This isn't true, and I don't have the patience to explain heteronormativity and privilege etc.
    Good, because you couldn't make it sound coherent even if you tried.

Bisexual pairing, oh look groundworks done.

Nope. There's been no indication whatsoever over the course of five movies that Cap is attracted to men. No background laid other than in your imagination.

John stewart sucks DevilsGambit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I find that extraordinarily unlikely.
    all right like the 9th dumbest thing