Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    A character having to be designed to be gay is probably one of the most offensive things I've read so far.

ANYONE could be gay/bi. Gay is not a personality.

Hyberbole passes you right on by, doesn't it?

Getting slap is better than getting punched, yet it's not good progress is it?

Good LGBT representation is few and far between, only show I can think of with good racial and sexuality representation is Sense8. X-Men is a whole other reason to be annoyed, especially with a gay man at the helm of those movies. But whatever, Singer is a hack and a traitor to his own cause.

How is it imagining? If it's written in then it's canon. You could say the same thing about the random romance between Banner and Widow, but you wouldn't cuz heteronormativity.

Being gay is part of who a person is, and part of who a character is. As is being heterosexual or bisexual. You can't change it willy nilly without changing the character.

I couldn't be gay. If I was gay my life would have been different and I wouldn't have the same experiences I have. I would be other person.

Cap has had relationships with Sharon, but also with other girls. And has never given any indication of having romantic feelings towards any man. So, even if it angers you, he has been designed as a heterosexual guy.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Good, because you couldn't make it sound coherent even if you tried.
    You don't think they're coherent concepts? That makes me worry.

Nope. There's been no indication whatsoever over the course of five movies that Cap is attracted to men. No background laid other than in your imagination.
    Because what you're interpreting as platonic, others interpret as romantic. So the groundworks done, whether you agree with it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kosarev View Post

Cap has had relationships with Sharon, but also with other girls. And has never given any indication of having romantic feelings towards any man. So, even if it angers you, he has been designed as a heterosexual guy.
    MCU Cap hasn't had relationships with anyone. Literally, no one. Peggy was the closest thing to a relationship he had, and that was mostly flirtation and pining.

Ultimate Member

There's zero groundwork for a Bucky-Cap homosexual pairing too. They've both been well established as heterosexual.
    Exactly. They are childhood friends.

I know lots of the shippers in Tumblr and co are just having fun (it's funny that people are paying heed to this now when they've been shipping Thor and Loki for ages) but there does seem to a growing thought process that two men can't be close friends and NOT be in a relationship. Two people can be close and have good chemistry without being in a relationship. Rogers and Bucky fall into this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Because what you're interpreting as platonic, others interpret as romantic. So the groundworks done, whether you agree with it or not.
    Only there's no evidence to support a romantic relationship. Steve been attracted to Peggy and hooked up with Sharon. One of the first things established for Bucky in First Avenger is the guy is a skirt chaser. Interpretations can be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Only there's no evidence to support a romantic relationship. Steve been attracted to Peggy and hooked up with Sharon. One of the first things established for Bucky in First Avenger is the guy is a skirt chaser. Interpretations can be wrong.
    But none of this disproves both of them being bisexual either.

I don't care.

MCU Cap hasn't had relationships with anyone. Literally, no one. Peggy was the closest thing to a relationship he had, and that was mostly flirtation and pining.
    He hasn't had SEX with anyone that we've seen. He has had romantic relationships first with Peggy and now with Sharon. Those are the only romantic relationships he's had, whether you like it or not.

Yes, in fact, it does. Given that less than 2% of American males are bisexual, the odds that both of them are would be infinitesimally small.

I know some terms as well that I'm not going to explain to you.

Here's one: cognitive bias.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Until they show attraction to a male character I have no reason to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    I know some terms as well that I'm not going to explain to you.

Here's one: cognitive bias.
    Here's another: denial.

He hasn't had SEX with anyone that we've seen. He has had romantic relationships first with Peggy and now with Sharon. Those are the only romantic relationships he's had, whether you like it or not.
    He literally got frozen before their first date, and he kissed Sharon once. I worry about your romantic classifications if these interactions constitute a serious romantic relationship?
    Yes, in fact, it does. Given that less than 2% of American males are bisexual, the odds that both of them are would be infinitesimally small.
    You can't say it's disproven absolutely and then quote odds. It's possible, you just said it.

Amazing Member

His relationships with women are more than with men. He hasn't had anything with a man. And I don't know why you focus so much on MCU cap. He is an adaptation of the comic version, and changing his sexuality is making a big change to the character.

Just imagine how differently his time in the army would have been as a closet homosexual in a one where homosexuality wasn't accepted. You change the character completely! And that's just one example.

When they designed the character they made him heterosexual, and changing that will satisfy only an extreme minority while pissing off many. Imagine if and when they adapt Hulkling and Wiccan they make them heterosexual. How would you feel?

You need to look up another term, Iron Fist: grasping at straws. Because you're doing it.

Here's another: denial.
    How about "desperation"?

John stewart sucks DevilsGambit's Avatar

Its kinda offensive to be honest. That we treat gay characters like some sort of zoo attraction. They are people, however no matter how you swing it cap is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kosarev View Post
    His relationships with women are more than with men. He hasn't had anything with a man. And I don't know why you focus so much on MCU cap. He is an adaptation of the comic version, and changing his sexuality is making a big change to the character.

Just imagine how differently his time in the army would have been as a closet homosexual in a one where homosexuality wasn't accepted. You change the character completely! And that's just one example.

When they designed the character they made him heterosexual, and changing that will satisfy only an extreme minority while pissing off many. Imagine if and when they adapt Hulkling and Wiccan they make them heterosexual. How would you feel?
    Why do you assume bisexuals are closet homosexuals?