View Poll Results: Who should lead a united X-men?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

87 35.95%
  • Storm

81 33.47%
  • Wolverine

2 0.83%
  • Professor X

15 6.20%
  • Magneto

4 1.65%
  • Cable

10 4.13%
  • Havok

4 1.65%
  • Forge

1 0.41%
  • Multiple Man

2 0.83%
  • Captain America (people are going to hate me just for including this option)

3 1.24%
  • Emma Frost

9 3.72%
  • Spider-man

3 1.24%
  • NFL Super Pro

2 0.83%
  • The Son of X-23 and Nate Grey from a possible alternate future

6 2.48%
  • some other mutant that nobody but me cares about

13 5.37%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

lol
    I'm trying to figure out 'who wants this'?
    Which of the X-Men really wants to see the divisions end?
    Which of the X-Men has that vision and goal?

I'm drawing a complete blank.

I fail this poll.
    Last edited by sungila; 06-27-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Storm. Nothing else to say... 'cept maybe that I would take NFLSuperPro over Cyclops ay day.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    You just know they'd still blame Cyclops. Even after they vote him off the X-Council. Because he somehow made them do it.
    Lol exactly, give him about a 2 hour lifespan as a member of the X Council.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ztopia View Post
    Lol exactly, give him about a 2 hour lifespan as a member of the X Council.
    No, they wouldn't get rid of him. As Beast learned the hard way, it's hard to blame Scott for his actions when Scott is no longer at his school. Doesn't stop him, though, bless his spirit! No Scott = No one to scapegoat to make themselves feel better.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    No, they wouldn't get rid of him. As Beast learned the hard way, it's hard to blame Scott for his actions when Scott is no longer at his school. Doesn't stop him, though, bless his spirit! No Scott = No one to scapegoat to make themselves feel better.
    LOL so true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Yeah, see, it's not about Wolverine (what with the obsession of licking his boots btw ??).
    It's about Kitty Pryde deciding the O5 roaming freely in current 616 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Reality collapsing/rewriting itself should they be killed.
    She made this call, then went to great length in trying to rationalize it with some of the most asinine arguments that could be potentially made in this situation.
    And, finally, she threw a tantrum and bailed on her team after making a scene of herself because they demonstrated some level of understanding about the gravity of the situation (cf Reality collapsing/rewriting itself) and refused to follow her in her irrational posturing.
    Ridiculous.
    Kitty Pryde lost a lot of credibility both as an X-Man and as a leader during BotA: she proved to be unpredictable, unreliable and irrational throughout the event.
    Realistically, there's no way she would be considered as a prime candidate for a leading position at the JGS right now, she'd have to prove herself back before.

No, not anyone, just Kitty Pryde.
    You are the one making huge generalizations and strawman in an attempt to make a point.
    Not me.
    Kitty acted like an immature kid by bailing on her teammates the way she did, it's there, it's canon.
    Like I said, the sooner you'll admit it, the sooner you'll be able to get over it and move on.
    You are asking too much. It won't happen.

o

Spectacular Member

ok, lets look at what defines a good leader:

1. he must be loved and feared, and if not both, then he should at least be feared.

2. he must accept no rivals to his power, cause a true leader should be powerful enough to be single-handedly accountable for any results of the group. so there should be no rival. otherwise, the rival will disagree, and the group cohesion will suffer, and the leader wont be accountable for the failure(cause some rival didnt listen to him).

3. he must recognize his enemies, and avoid striking at them until he is ready to obliterate them, lest the group face retaliation.

we learn all this from Machiavelli. not talking about some ubermachiavellian dude, but these are pretty basic stuff! this aint the avengers, this is the x-men, there oughta be a more "real world" approach to how things are done. so, all fun things about positive attitude leaders are OK, but nothing beats some classic principles that many great leaders (alexander the great, napoleon, etc) had.

the answer is clear:
    CABLE.

he is a feared persona, so many people just stay out of his way. and with good reason!

he can take & hold power in a group. he can give orders to wolverine, he can make deadpool follow his lead, he can so easily take charge.

he can plan to EVISCERATE his enemies and will not hesitate to end their lives if needed. he planned to take out the avengers while half-dying, and almost succeeded, in x-sanction. he constantly loses his powers and finds ways to still stay a force of nature. he just has this uncanny planning ability of his father, but honed from so many years of battle experience.

-

Cable!

Even then, their clean, risk-free teleport out of Tabula Rasa and the fact they were being supervised at all times by the teachers shows they weren't tossed out into nothingess with no safety net. The rally could have been avoided, but the issue shows how they went there so people knew that the X-men cared. It even let Cyke tell the people not to hate on the Avengers, as they were just doing their job. That, compounded by the fact that they went on a whim, makes the whole "He risked people on purpose" argument even more silly. Someone who doesn't even get to finish a speech isn't someone actively seeking the harming of people.
    I agree with you, I'm just trying to be fair in that one *could* make a logical argument for such. The rally was a great moment in setting the precedent for mutants and humans everywhere... BUT, I feel like he AND the team (not just all on him now) should had been better prepared for an attack..... With that being said, he never throws the students to the wolves and his first action is to always protect them at any cost. The villanistic and egotistical version of Cyclops that some posters see him as would had made/forced the students to stand a fight, no matter how dire the odds are.

I agree with you, I'm just trying to be fair in that one *could* make a logical argument for such. The rally was a great moment in setting the precedent for mutants and humans everywhere... BUT, I feel like he AND the team (not just all on him now) should had been better prepared for an attack..... With that being said, he never throws the students to the wolves and his first action is to always protect them at any cost. The villanistic and egotistical version of Cyclops that some posters see him as would had made/forced the students to stand a fight, no matter how dire the odds are.
    I get you fully. And I'd be 100% if they had made their arrival clear. It would have been stupid, as their announcement would have rang the alarm for villains to prepare and execute a plan. Or if they organized the rally, knowing well that they'd be targeted. Or if they had stayed there for too much, but as shown, he didn't even get a speech done before it was Sentinel Time. But I think this panel makes it clear what I'm talking about. (Check the Top Right Scott thought)
    http://s13.postimg.org/oqszywa6f/image.jpg
    Then again, I'm wondering how prepared they could have been against a sentinel type they knew nothing about, like the one shown. Hijack didn't work, and only Mags was able to beat it. They couldn't even rescue a piece to examine XD
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 06-27-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Extraordinary Member

I liked the X-Men eras under both Cyclops and Storm but am biased so went with Cyclops.

As for this back and forth, really it makes no sense. Picking out select cases of bad writing is unhealthy for continued comic book reading.

I get you fully. And I'd be 100% if they had made their arrival clear. It would have been stupid, as their announcement would have rang the alarm for villains to prepare and execute a plan. But I think this panel makes it clear what I'm talking about.
    http://s13.postimg.org/oqszywa6f/image.jpg
    Then again, I'm wondering how prepared they could have been against a sentinel type they knew nothing about, like the one shown. Hijack didn't work, and only Mags was able to beat it. They couldn't even rescue a piece to examine XD
    True, not really much one can do when a futuristic Sentinel has your powers on lockdown without preparation. They need more firepower and they just might have that in a P.O Dazzler and determined Hijack.

True, not really much can do when a Sentinel has your powers on lockdown without preparation. They need more firepower and they just might have that in a P.O Dazzler and determined Hijack.
    Though the sentinel maker is gone now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaze View Post
    ok, lets look at what defines a good leader:

1. he must be loved and feared, and if not both, then he should at least be feared.

2. he must accept no rivals to his power, cause a true leader should be powerful enough to be single-handedly accountable for any results of the group. so there should be no rival. otherwise, the rival will disagree, and the group cohesion will suffer, and the leader wont be accountable for the failure(cause some rival didnt listen to him).

3. he must recognize his enemies, and avoid striking at them until he is ready to obliterate them, lest the group face retaliation.

we learn all this from Machiavelli. not talking about some ubermachiavellian dude, but these are pretty basic stuff! this aint the avengers, this is the x-men, there oughta be a more "real world" approach to how things are done. so, all fun things about positive attitude leaders are OK, but nothing beats some classic principles that many great leaders (alexander the great, napoleon, etc) had.

the answer is clear:
    CABLE.

he is a feared persona, so many people just stay out of his way. and with good reason!

he can take & hold power in a group. he can give orders to wolverine, he can make deadpool follow his lead, he can so easily take charge.

he can plan to EVISCERATE his enemies and will not hesitate to end their lives if needed. he planned to take out the avengers while half-dying, and almost succeeded, in x-sanction. he constantly loses his powers and finds ways to still stay a force of nature. he just has this uncanny planning ability of his father, but honed from so many years of battle experience.

-
    Machiavelli didn't establish "good" leader, he established the way for a leader to obtain and maintain power, those are not "good" leaders, those are effective leaders, and this is with a leader that is already on power, and can't be replaced by no means other than a coupe of state, this is also for a state, not any group, and mostly not a group like the X-men, who have to be more leaned towards a propagandist group, the X-men don't have an enemy, their enemy is not a group or person, their enemy is an idea, the idea that coexistence is impossible, there can't be a lack of fight until all preparations are done, because propaganda has to be constant, and if the receptor of it doesn't know that he is receiving it is even better, superhero acts work that way, they do not stop and the receiver doesn't know that he is receiving the message of "mutants are good" or "mutants are not all the same", the original Machiavelli theory works would work with groups like the Brotherhood or the purifiers, who have a defined enemy.
    This two really different forms of teams have completely different paths and therefore different tactics,
    .With the brotherhood type the greatest strategy they can look up to is Bush's strategy to get into Irak, blame a nation of a big dramatic attack, that could have been self inflicted (this is up to debate, I'm not gonna enter in that debate) increase the dramatism of the attack with constants reminders on all medias, then claim that there is an imminent threat of an even bigger attack claiming that the enemy is in possession of a weapon that is already feared by society like a nuclear weapon, this way you will be given all resources and support by society to attack that enemy, in Magneto's case it would have been the whole mutant race joining him
    .With the X-men type there are several strategies and steps in which to use them, the German unification is one of the best, first establish both groups as one and the same, homo sapiens and homo superior as "humans" preferable with a name comfortable to the majority such as that, then start a conflict with a threat that is both big and hated by both sides, like for example the skrulls, or any other alien invasion, in case there is none the leader may have to start it without the knowledge of the people with, with something like the Ems Dispatch, with which Bismark starts the Franco-Prussian War, a common enemy is the best way to settle two or several groups into one, but that only really works if the previous step had been made, because an unification without union of the people of all the groups often ends with conflicts and even the separation of that union, like it seems to be happening with Spain, armed conflict (that result in a victory) often serve to join opposite sides, or settle internal disputes, that's why it's often used to quiet disconformity within the people against the ruler of that place (for those who don't know much about this read 1984), for the X-men this would mean both sapiens and mutants behaving as one group, with differences like there are with different religions or ethnics (it's unification, not assimilation)

The only ones I think that are capable of this are Scott and Storm, Scott has already shown that he is capable of using propaganda effectively in his favor and Storm is a leader capable enough as to do this, if she stops antagonizing everyone, because people will start leaving her like Kitty and the O5 did, the way she threatens everyone is demoralizing and only worsen situations, like the way she threatened Rachel in AXM, with replacing her with someone who has left her team with her as part of the reason why

treats them as irrelevant? lol come on now...., does anyone have a scan where he calls the students the future of the X-men?

kinda hard to be irrelevant with that kind of praise