View Poll Results: Who should lead a united X-men?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

87 35.95%
  • Storm

81 33.47%
  • Wolverine

2 0.83%
  • Professor X

15 6.20%
  • Magneto

4 1.65%
  • Cable

10 4.13%
  • Havok

4 1.65%
  • Forge

1 0.41%
  • Multiple Man

2 0.83%
  • Captain America (people are going to hate me just for including this option)

3 1.24%
  • Emma Frost

9 3.72%
  • Spider-man

3 1.24%
  • NFL Super Pro

2 0.83%
  • The Son of X-23 and Nate Grey from a possible alternate future

6 2.48%
  • some other mutant that nobody but me cares about

13 5.37%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Hisako and Megan. The oldies are boring. It's time to move on and look toward the future.

BANNED

I'd say Storm but we all know she's outranked in the X-Men by Spider-Man so it's not likely to happen.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Hisako and Megan. The oldies are boring. It's time to move on and look toward the future.
    Hisako? LOL, you might as well suggest Mercury

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I have no idea how this is even a contest.

President Summers will survive his inaugural address next month. StormVerine's X-Men couldn't even keep President Blaire alive for, like, five minutes.

Honestly, Cyclops is the best leader the X-Men have. He is their only field general. If you are going to have someone lead a race on the verge of extinction, and rally everyone to victory, he is your man, your only choice. No other X-Leader comes even close. Not Cable, Not Storm, not anyone. However, I do think Cyke is wasted as a peace time leader. He's at his best when he's leading a small unit against impossible odds.
    Xavier is a teacher, a mentor, a counselor, but I don't see him as an effective leader.
    Storm is a good diplomat, and the only other mutant other than Xavier and Cyclops capable of ralling all of mutant kind. I don't find Storm a particularly good strategist, but she earns people's trust, and that is what would be needed in a leader to unify mutant kind (though she'd need to listen to the counsel of wiser minds, and I particularly find Oror too arrogant to do so).
    So, best choice, would be a joint leadership, but I voted for Cyclops, because I think he is the best the X-Men have had, have, and will always have.

Peace

Edit: Wolverine couldn't lead crap out of the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post

It isn't her fault that she is written as a trophy for men to fight over or as prop that they use to make themselves look better. .
    Someone said that she was a character that unites, I just pointed out that she'd been used pretty much since the 70's as the opposite and the Bendis had picked the theme back up. I agree, it was an awful thing to hang around any character's neck. AoA Jean was better executed in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Kitty lost any kind of legitimacy after the way she bailed on her school at the end of BotA. Even if she grew back to being a reasonable person, how could her former partners still trust her to a leading position ? Especially when we know leaders do happen to be questionned/ challenged by their people at time.
    The way I see it, not only she'd need to go back being her mature self, she'd need to prove herself a reliable/ level-headed X-Man before ambitioning a TL position.
    That is, if X-writers do acknowledge BotA and the conséquences it should have in the dynamic between Kitty and the JGS staff.
    Oh, I absolutely agree. Kitty's credibility was horrifically damaged. Bendis turned her back into a bratty, irresponsible teen for story purposes.

It basically translated to this

Wolverine: What the hell have you done Hank?! We gotta send 'em back
    Kitty: So we should just send them back to face whatever happens?
    Jeen: I'm not going and you can't make me! So NYAH!
    Kitty: See? How can you be so cruel to take away her choice? Look at that face
    Storm: Because it endangers 7 billion souls and the fabric of reality.
    Kitty: I say they should choose! (foot stomp)
    Wolverine: Overruled. Protecting reality trumps the redhead, sorry punkin
    Kitty: No one listens to me, you're all a bunch of jerks! So to hell with your school and my responsibilities here. I'm joining Scott. At least he listens to me. While I'm at it, I'll take these kids that endanger the fabric of reality into the field and tell everyone how unreasonable you are for not taking seriously enough my well thought-out and rational arguments that the freedom of choice of these kids is more important than saving reality. So THERE!

Yeah, it'll take some effort to fix that. :-/
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 06-26-2014 at 11:38 AM.

I still go with Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    There should be no single leader. I'm sick of that. Have multiple teams with multiple leaders. Have them work together when the time comes, but leave that schism crap behind.
    I've always liked this idea.

Seems pretty unanimous that NO ONE wants Havok running the show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Seems pretty unanimous that NO ONE wants Havok running the show.
    He is the worst choice, well besides Toad.

o

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Kitty lost any kind of legitimacy after the way she bailed on her school at the end of BotA. Even if she grew back to being a reasonable person, how could her former partners still trust her to a leading position ? Especially when we know leaders do happen to be questionned/ challenged by their people at time.
    The way I see it, not only she'd need to go back being her mature self, she'd need to prove herself a reliable/ level-headed X-Man before ambitioning a TL position.
    That is, if X-writers do acknowledge BotA and the conséquences it should have in the dynamic between Kitty and the JGS staff.
    Why do hate so much that Kitty opened her eyes and saw the truth about the JGS ?.

And why not ?, over the years, they have let Magneto to be in charge, they have let Emma teach ethics, they have let Rogue teach diction and linguistics, (and surely they would let Havok to give speeches about that is not that bad to be a mutant), so again why they wont let her to be in charge ?, is not like they would hold a grudge against her just for switching sides, after all, one would think that the sane side of the x-men would be above such pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    He is the worst choice, well besides Toad.

o
    Well, i think that Toad is still a better choice than Havok.

No option for Spider-Man? Even after Logan's will leaves the school to him apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Someone said that she was a character that unites, I just pointed out that she'd been used pretty much since the 70's as the opposite and the Bendis had picked the theme back up. I agree, it was an awful thing to hang around any character's neck. AoA Jean was better executed in that context.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Kitty's credibility was horrifically damaged. Bendis turned her back into a bratty, irresponsible teen for story purposes.

It basically translated to this

Wolverine: What the hell have you done Hank?! We gotta send 'em back
    Kitty: So we should just send them back to face whatever happens?
    Jeen: I'm not going and you can't make me! So NYAH!
    Kitty: See? How can you be so cruel to take away her choice? Look at that face
    Storm: Because it endangers 7 billion souls and the fabric of reality.
    Kitty: I say they should choose! (foot stomp)
    Wolverine: Overruled. Protecting reality trumps the redhead, sorry punkin
    Kitty: No one listens to me, you're all a bunch of jerks! So to hell with your school and my responsibilities here. I'm joining Scott. At least he listens to me. While I'm at it, I'll take these kids that endanger the fabric of reality into the field and tell everyone how unreasonable you are for not taking seriously enough my well thought-out and rational arguments that the freedom of choice of these kids is more important than saving reality. So THERE!

Yeah, it'll take some effort to fix that. :-/
    And since when someone cares about the space-time continuum or 7 billion of lives ?; seriously, if anyone cared, then the O5 wouldnt be here to begin with, wolverine wouldnt have jumped through the fabric of space-time continuum, reed richards wouldnt have tried to kill galactus several times, the US army would have left hulk alone, ultron never would have been built, neither maria hill or norman osborn would have end-up in charge of SHIELD, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Why do hate so much that Kitty opened her eyes and saw the truth about the JGS ?.
    In order to do that she would have to believe Scott's lies. How's that fake revolution working for you?

Well, i think that Toad is still a better choice than Havok.
    You really hate Alex don't you?

o

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    In order to do that she would have to believe Scott's lies. How's that fake revolution working for you?
    Scott had nothing to do with Kitty coming to his school -_- Let alone why you're bringing his "revolution" up when Kitty isn't part of it.............
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616