View Poll Results: Who should lead a united X-men?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

87 35.95%
  • Storm

81 33.47%
  • Wolverine

2 0.83%
  • Professor X

15 6.20%
  • Magneto

4 1.65%
  • Cable

10 4.13%
  • Havok

4 1.65%
  • Forge

1 0.41%
  • Multiple Man

2 0.83%
  • Captain America (people are going to hate me just for including this option)

3 1.24%
  • Emma Frost

9 3.72%
  • Spider-man

3 1.24%
  • NFL Super Pro

2 0.83%
  • The Son of X-23 and Nate Grey from a possible alternate future

6 2.48%
  • some other mutant that nobody but me cares about

13 5.37%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Once more, making a choice is more than just opening your mouth. It's tightening your belt, and making sure that the task is done, no matter who gets in your way, because in this case, the Time-continuum is in danger. Storm did not do that. Her "going back for them" means she had failed. Then she failed getting them back,or keping them in her care for that matter. But once more, I guess once their out of the JGS's hands, that means they have no responsibility of it. Specially Beast, being the guy who made the mess and whatnot. Her "leadership" is just as questionable as Scott's or Kitty's. That and the fact that anyone reading UXM or ANXM can see that both teachers care MUCH for their students. "Oh, but they don't care about the continuum!!!' Neither does the JGS.
    Beast will always have responsibility but Storms failure's are not the same as Scott's decision to train, develop, mentor or give them a place to live. Storm may have failed in sending them back. Scott made the choice to keep them here. Please tell me you see the difference.

o

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Beast will always have responsibility but Storms failure's are not the same as Scott's decision to train, develop, mentor or give them a place to live. Storm may have failed in sending them back. Scott made the choice to keep them here. Please tell me you see the difference.
    What was the JGS doing before the BOTA debacle? Keeping them on the streets, not training them, not talking about memories they had, right? I must have imagined that Jeen/Kitty/Storm talk.
    There is a difference, obviously. One said something and he is actively keeping said word, and the other said something and she didn't follow through. But she said it, so she can't be touched!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

What was the JGS doing before the BOTA debacle? Keeping them on the streets, not training them, not talking about memories they had, right? I must have imagined that Jeen/Kitty/Storm talk.
    There is a difference, obviously. One said something and he is actively keeping said word, and the other said something and she didn't follow through. But she said it, so she can't be touched!
    One is following through on stupidity the other one had the good sense to leave it alone and actually do something to help the world instead of feed his ego. Yep there is a real difference indeed.

o

o
    So the O5 lived under a bridge during the first 15 issues of all new x-men ? or what ?.

So was Wolverine, as shown in ANXM when Jeen read his mind ("Best idea Hank could have thought of" or something like that). And Beast, showing them off after his 05 version helped him out. And Storm, offering Jeen mentorship and leadership of the 05. Like I said, no one cares about their presence but the Brotherhood. (Damn that's sad lol)
    I don't think Beast ever thought about the 05 by themselves, before he decided to bring them to the present or after. For Scott and Logan, any acceptance of the idea comes from Jean being around. After No More Heroes Scott thinks the 05 actually do have some sort of purpose in the present and Logan probably got pleasure out of the opportunity to make Scott twitch, only it backfired on him when the 05 went to Scott.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

One is following through on stupidity the other one had the good sense to leave it alone and actually do something to help the world instead of feed his ego. Yep there is a real difference indeed.
    I wouldn't say "leave it alone", it's more like "Never even touch it" but be vocal so no one can say she didn't at least put a smidgeon of effort before Xavier Jr. and Co. appeared. And the feeding his ego is all headcanon, btw, so .......... REAL difference
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I don't think Beast ever thought about the 05 by themselves, before he decided to bring them to the present or after. For Scott and Logan, any acceptance of the idea comes from Jean being around. After No More Heroes Scott thinks the 05 actually do have some sort of purpose in the present and Logan probably got pleasure out of the opportunity to make Scott twitch, only it backfired on him when the 05 went to Scott.
    At least Scott can say, they've been sent back, it was shown impossible, lets keep it moving. Well, not Cyke, he's only protection, as dictated by Kitty, their current handler. Instead of not trying in the first place until future villains do what their ex-caretakers should have a) Never done and b) Solved the moment the deed was, in fact, done.
    That made that Scott smirk so much more pleasant. That and shutting up beast good in ANXM

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So the O5 lived under a bridge during the first 15 issues of all new x-men ? or what ?.
    Must've skipped that issue :/
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 06-26-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Truth be told, I don't think writers will be willing to make a real effort in fixing this properly/realistically. It'll most likely be swept under the rug or retconned away.
    Not that I would blame anyone willing to retcon away anything related to BotA.

She *literally* acted like an immature spoiled brat.
    The sooner you'll admit it, the sooner you'll be able to get over it and move on.

You sound like Kitty now smh.
    See what ?, that she stopped licking wolverine's boots ?.
    So now anyone that allies themselves with cyclops is an inmature, spoiled, brat, stupid, deluded, irresponsible idiot ?, good to know.
    (so much for cyclops' positive and constructive criticism.)

o
    If a stranger read these posts would be forgiven to think that the O5 locked wolverine, storm and beast in the basement for the first part of the series, until they managed to escape and thats when they decided to left the JGS and go to the NXS and join cyclops' side.

In order to do that she would have to believe Scott's lies. How's that fake revolution working for you?
    Pretty good, my school wasnt the one that was infiltrated and attacked by SHIELD; also the teachers arent the avengers' pets.

You really hate Alex don't you?

o
    As much as you hate Cyclops.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Rachel Grey-Summers. She single-handedly founded the Askan'i Clan in the future and held off Apocalypse and his forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Rachel Grey-Summers. She single-handedly founded the Askan'i Clan in the future and held off Apocalypse and his forces.
    Not a chance, she is in the same wagon as Kitty Pryde.

BANNED

I wouldn't say "leave it alone", it's more like "Never even touch it" but be vocal so no one can say she didn't at least put a smidgeon of effort before Xavier Jr. and Co. appeared. And the feeding his ego is all headcanon, btw, so .......... REAL difference
    Headcanon, really? Who showed up at a rally of college students to give a speech when he was being attacked by Dark Beast? Yes, ego.

At least Scott can say, they've been sent back, it was shown impossible, lets keep it moving. Well, not Cyke, he's only protection, as dictated by Kitty, their current handler. Instead of not trying in the first place until future villains do what their ex-caretakers should have a) Never done and b) Solved the moment the deed was, in fact, done.
    That made that Scott smirk so much more pleasant. That and shutting up beast good in ANXM

Must've skipped that issue :/
    Storm put up a token resistance and really didn't try to send them back. But at least she said it was wrong which is the right call. Scott is pretending its the right one and doing nothing to change it. There is a difference. Storm tried, was undermined by whiney Kitty and failed. Scott doesn't even try that instead goes into his younger exwife's room in an attempt to cheer her up. Talk about creepy, and Kitty in a moment of actual intelligence actually called him out on it.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Pretty good, my school wasnt the one that was infiltrated and attacked by SHIELD; also the teachers arent the avengers' pets.

As much as you hate Cyclops.
    So it's clearly not as much as you hate Alex, got it.

o

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

This BOTA thing again? Cyclops does moar trolling with less resources/drones. That makes him the superior leader by default.

Professor X should lead the X-Men, with Cyclops as field leader. That's Cyclops, not Psyco-lops.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    If we go by results, no team came closer to the dream then when Storm and Magneto co-lead.
    Agreed, I voted Storm but her and Magneto could form a very strong leadership too imo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022