Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 Contains a Surprising and Likely Controversial Crossover

The unexpected and much-hyped final scene of "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 will spark much debate among the comic book community. SPOILERS!

Full article here.

I'm more eager than ever for Dr. Manhattan to get his @$$ kicked, preferably by as many heroes as possible.

Incredible Member

Bleeding Cool has been reporting that there may have been earlier Watchmen characters in the NEw 52, written by Geoff Johns and that this is not the first time at all...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...th-1-spoilers/

Spectacular Member

This is one of the dumbest things I could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Bleeding Cool has been reporting that there may have been earlier Watchmen characters in the NEw 52, written by Geoff Johns and that this is not the first time at all...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...th-1-spoilers/
    I could maybe see Mr. Oz as Ozymandias, since we know nothing about him, but no way is the Question Rorschach. I don't think DC would be dumb enough to completely change his origin, not to mention Dr. Manhattan probably already incinerated him at this point.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

I just hope I won't have to pick up all the DC books to follow the Dr. Manhattan storyline. As of right now the only book I'm picking up is Earth 2...and few of the digital first comics.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I could maybe see Mr. Oz as Ozymandias, since we know nothing about him, but no way is the Question Rorschach. I don't think DC would be dumb enough to completely change his origin, not to mention Dr. Manhattan probably already incinerated him at this point.
    DC already screwed with The Question in the Nu52. The one who didn't know his own name ... the one who committed some horrible sin... the one who was arrogant, and angry and had red hair..... Hmm...... I have no idea what the deal was with the Vic Sage who was running around in Suicide Squad, but I can totally believe that the Nu52 Question is Rorshach. Hopefully after Rebirth we'll get a Vic Sage Question again, but there's always hope...

Oh, and I like how Pandora got the Rorshach treatment in the book. That plus starting out with details of the watch should have clued me in, but I just figured the watch was an homage rather than realize what was going to happen...

I also noticed that Captain Atom went back to his pre-Flashpoint look. Did we see that happen at some point?

I feel as if this is just a hail mary from DC with no time left on the clock.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Spectacular Member

Anything that retcons the Nu52 away can't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DC already screwed with The Question in the Nu52. The one who didn't know his own name ... the one who committed some horrible sin... the one who was arrogant, and angry and had red hair..... Hmm...... I have no idea what the deal was with the Vic Sage who was running around in Suicide Squad, but I can totally believe that the Nu52 Question is Rorshach. Hopefully after Rebirth we'll get a Vic Sage Question again, but there's always hope...

Oh, and I like how Pandora got the Rorshach treatment in the book. That plus starting out with details of the watch should have clued me in, but I just figured the watch was an homage rather than realize what was going to happen...

I also noticed that Captain Atom went back to his pre-Flashpoint look. Did we see that happen at some point?
    I think it can't be Rorshach for two pretty big reasons, first if this is after the events of watchmen where Dr. Manhattan decides to create life then both Rorshach and the comedian are dead. Second, Rorshach has a face under that mask.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This is one of the most inspired things I could ever imagine.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

My guess is Dr manhattan has created prime earth Watchmen characters to help him with his experiments. Somebody has suggested that gotham boy and gotham girl are nite owl and silk spectre. As Rebirth rolls along, more new characters coming out could be watchmen in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it can't be Rorshach for two pretty big reasons, first if this is after the events of watchmen where Dr. Manhattan decides to create life then both Rorshach and the comedian are dead. Second, Rorshach has a face under that mask.
    On your first point: this is called “Rebirth”, after all. It is within the scope of Doctor Manhattan's powers to rebuild Rorschach; all he needs is a reason to do so. Yeah, I could totally see the N52 Question turn out to be an amnesiac Rorschach.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Alright that a fair point, maybe I'm just not thinking about it hard enough.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    I feel as if this is just a hail mary from DC with no time left on the clock.
    Nothing ever ends - Dr. Manhattan