Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Kaldur looks incredible as Aquaman. I'm not really sold on the sleeves (I think his tattoos make for a better design and it's a shame to see them covered up). But WOW, does he look heroic. I can only hope that he gets better story lines this season. It's always bothered me that Kaldur's biggest story line (the reveal of his father) was done through a video game rather than the show itself.

I've always wanted to see Kaldur in the role of Aquaman, and this combined with the Aquaman movie (and Kaldur's upcoming Young Adult novel) could mean really really big things for the character. I'm pumped!
    I'm guessing the sleeves glow when he activates his powers like his tattoos do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kaldur's existence and relationship with Aquaman and his father always stuck me as something that could be really mined for drama because Arthur killed his grandfather and how that is an element in the Aquaman/Manta feud.
    I wonder why no one has gone into that yet? Probably just because Kaldur can't maintain a presence in the comics.

I didn't like that Johns turned the Manta-Orin feud into a big pile of daddy issues. I think it makes Manta a lot less dynamic when his total motivation is "revenge." But it could sow some great narratives for Kaldur, which is a pretty nice silver lining.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wonder why no one has gone into that yet? Probably just because Kaldur can't maintain a presence in the comics.
    It was played with a little bit during the arc in Teen Titans where Jackson met Black Manta, but that was about it.

The kid hasn't even met Aquaman yet.
    I didn't like that Johns turned the Manta-Orin feud into a big pile of daddy issues. I think it makes Manta a lot less dynamic when his total motivation is "revenge." But it could sow some great narratives for Kaldur, which is a pretty nice silver lining.
    I thought it worked because it gave Manta a believable and understandable reason for his obsessive and defining hatred of Aquaman and why he's so determined to kill him.

It's something so simple but it also makes Manta all the more deadly because of how personal it makes his hatred of Arthur Curry.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I think that it was one of the better origins for Black Manta (as his were ALL over the place, some to the point it was kind of STUPID [allergic to cotton? seriously?]). Sure some fine tuning could be done, but the theme of "legacy" fits in with some of his characterizations and even as you said, gives grate narratives for Black Manta and Kaldur's relationship, as Manta was close to his father, and probably wants to be close to his son...

If Kaldur is to appear in an Aquaman sequel, Chance Perdomo (Ambrose) from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is my pick to play him.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

What's up his comic appearances? Are they gonna invest in him or what