Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    There's no reason yet to assume he isn't Kaldur'ahm still like in Brightest Day.
    I tend to agree. Many fans are making a lot of assumptions and declaring them facts without any hard evidence.

There's a lot of story left to be told. I'm waiting to see where all of Rebirth goes before assuming how it's going to end and what the fate of all characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    I do like the idea of Jackson being the other side of the Aquaman Land vs Sea coin. It's interesting to see the duality play out there.

Have you guys seen this yet?

Its a tribute video to Aqualad (YJ version). Back when Young Justice was on, it was one of my favorite videos about Kaldur (which doesn't say much because there weren't that many to begin with).

It always bummed me out that Kaldur never got any kind of love interest in the show, hopefully that changes in the comic books...you know, now that heroes are allowed to be happy again.

Whoever Jackson's dating now, spoilers:
    he's
    end of spoilers clearly better than that Maria girl he was dating Pre-New 52...hopefully we get to see his spoilers:
    boyfriend
    end of spoilers, and they don't kill them off for the angst

Do we still need to use spoiler tags, or is it safe to not use them?
    It always bugged me how little of Kaldur's personal life we saw in YJ. We didn't even know if he went to school like Conner or M'Gann.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    There's no reason yet to assume he isn't Kaldur'ahm still like in Brightest Day.
    Did they actually call him Kaldur'Ahm in Brightest Day? And if so, was it in a tie-in?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Did they actually call him Kaldur'Ahm in Brightest Day? And if so, was it in a tie-in?
    They did. It was in the main Brightest Day series.

His surface name was Jackson, but his birth name was Kaldur. I think it must have been Arthur who told him.

As for this newest version....there's not much to go on. He can swim fast enough to be considered "unnatural" and his mother/guardian is a bigoted bitch, and he's gay.

Oh, and his hair is somewhere in between Brightest Day dreads and Young Justice crewcut.

I dont care if hes gay. Whatever. Good for him. I am a bit disappointed that his sexuality was deemed important enough to be mentioned in the....three-ish panels he got.

I mean, is it such a huge, critical aspect of his character that it was important enough to show in those precious few panels? I'd think that his father (or lack thereof) might have been a bigger character hook than "I like boys." I'd have thought a lot of things about him would be more important and worth mentioning than "I like boys." But then, straight, gay, or otherwise, I dont really care about a character's sexuality and hate seeing it made into a big part of their personality.

Oh, his boyfriend? Ten bucks says its Bunker. Gay, and multi-racial! It'll piss off all the right people.

Regardless of what they do with him, Im just happy he's back. Loved the YJ version, was satisfied with the BD one. Have high hopes for this guy, with hope that he shows up in Abnett's Aquaman real damn fast!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

is Jackson half atlantean like Arthur?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They did. It was in the main Brightest Day series.

His surface name was Jackson, but his birth name was Kaldur. I think it must have been Arthur who told him.

As for this newest version....there's not much to go on. He can swim fast enough to be considered "unnatural" and his mother/guardian is a bigoted bitch, and he's gay.

Oh, and his hair is somewhere in between Brightest Day dreads and Young Justice crewcut.

I dont care if hes gay. Whatever. Good for him. I am a bit disappointed that his sexuality was deemed important enough to be mentioned in the....three-ish panels he got.

I mean, is it such a huge, critical aspect of his character that it was important enough to show in those precious few panels? I'd think that his father (or lack thereof) might have been a bigger character hook than "I like boys." I'd have thought a lot of things about him would be more important and worth mentioning than "I like boys." But then, straight, gay, or otherwise, I dont really care about a character's sexuality and hate seeing it made into a big part of their personality.

Oh, his boyfriend? Ten bucks says its Bunker. Gay, and multi-racial! It'll piss off all the right people.

Regardless of what they do with him, Im just happy he's back. Loved the YJ version, was satisfied with the BD one. Have high hopes for this guy, with hope that he shows up in Abnett's Aquaman real damn fast!
    I like this idea. Make it so.

Then Aqualad and Bunker could be the Wiccan and Hulkling of the DC Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I like this idea. Make it so.

Then Aqualad and Bunker could be the Wiccan and Hulkling of the DC Universe.
    I hope they go through with it. Something tells me we might not see Bunker for a while because he was introduced in Lobdells Teen Titans, and was also integral to the equally embarrassing Pfeiffer run. But yeah Kaldur/Bunker would be cool.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I hope they go through with it. Something tells me we might not see Bunker for a while because he was introduced in Lobdells Teen Titans, and was also integral to the equally embarrassing Pfeiffer run. But yeah Kaldur/Bunker would be cool.
    Bunker just makes sense, given how he is one of the few gay teen characters in the DCu.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880
    Bunker just makes sense, given how he is one of the few gay teen characters in the DCU.
    It would be very apropos and also highly effective in terms of character and story potential.
    And I think they would be a very popular couple, well-liked and embraced by fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Bunker just makes sense, given how he is one of the few gay teen characters in the DCu.
    If that happened then DC might actually compete with Marvel for LGBT representation. They've been lagging behind ever since Wiccan/Hulkling took off, Iceman was outed, and Renee Montoya was erased from existence.

If that happened then DC might actually compete with Marvel for LGBT representation. They've been lagging behind ever since Wiccan/Hulkling took off, Iceman was outed, and Renee Montoya was erased from existence.
    I hope Renee Montoya is one of the characters brought back in Rebirth. That would make a LOT of fans very happy.

BANNED

Hoping he's Bi atleast if he's the same character from Brightest Day I'm hoping he's atleast Bi..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I hope Renee Montoya is one of the characters brought back in Rebirth. That would make a LOT of fans very happy.
    She's already been back since the Manapul/Buccelato Detective Comics run .

I'm hoping they keep everything about Jackson /Kaldur as close to his Brightest Day appearance as possible.
    His story there drew me in and had me believing he was worthy of succeeding Garth as Aqualad.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.