Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batowl View Post
    If you read with the way it was meant to, you can tell sinclair is sin sent back via cosmic cube. The red colors in the background hint Red skull influence.

Bye, I have to make new universes.
    I can accept this as tru but it won't make me like it more I'm tired of retcon they just make me feel the writers are tired and out of idea's - I appreciate that's a broad statement but it's how I feel about them now after one more day - I appreciate that's a very personal view

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I can accept this as tru but it won't make me like it more I'm tired of retcon they just make me feel the writers are tired and out of idea's - I appreciate that's a broad statement but it's how I feel about them now after one more day - I appreciate that's a very personal view
    Only problem is, how to undo it with-out screwing with the timeline. Unless its also false memories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batowl View Post
    Only problem is, how to undo it with-out screwing with the timeline. Unless its also false memories.

That's the kind if thing I mean by hating retcon they have knock ons that can irritate me more

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The Cube girl wish him back to health but merged him with some of Zemo's thinkings?

Though to me it does not matter why. I am done reading this title and will not get #2. Maybe after the storyline is done I will pick it back up. The only way I can protest is with my wallet and it is happy to protest over this.
    I am with you - I am protesting this as well. Is this the same writer that had Cap burn his memorabilia after he came back from Baron Zemo's dimension? I hated that scene because it was so uncharacteristic of Steve Rogers. To m e it was written by someone who knows nothing of the history of the character. all one has to do is read the Masters of Evil storyline in the Avengers when they take the Mansion and Zemo destroys Cap's meager possessions. That is a heartbreaking scene. Oh, wait Baron Zemo- never mind - Steve will burn up his collection himself and you went through all that for nothing.

This writer seems to hate Captain America to want to deconstruct him and make him a modern scumbag character or whatever. I don't care. Also, they did this near the Memorial Day so that kind of pisses me off too. I am not being a fan boy angry at changes to his fave character. I am cool with innovation - this Hydra thing is not innovative and is making up a past history - like Hydra being around when Steve was young and had interactions with his Mom which makes her evil or stupid woman rather than a good woman and a role model for Steve.

Let's remember that - a superhero like Steve has a woman as his role model. Now, his mom was a Hydra dupe???? Sorry Feminists. But whatever sells right? It won't sell to me though...

PS: So when Cap punched Hitler that means Hitler was the good guy because the Nazis also were fighting Hydra. Good thinking there Breevort.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 06-01-2016 at 01:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    I am with you - I am protesting this as well. Is this the same writer that had Cap burn his memorabilia after he came back from Baron Zemo's dimension? I hated that scene because it was so uncharacteristic of Steve Rogers. To m e it was written by someone who knows nothing of the history of the character. all one has to do is read the Masters of Evil storyline in the Avengers when they take the Mansion and Zemo destroys Cap's meager possessions. That is a heartbreaking scene. Oh, wait Baron Zemo- never mind - Steve will burn up his collection himself and you went through all that for nothing.

This writer seems to hate Captain America to want to deconstruct him and make him a modern scumbag character or whatever. I don't care. Also, they did this near the Memorial Day so that kind of pisses me off too. I am not being a fan boy angry at changes to his fave character. I am cool with innovation - this Hydra thing is not innovative and is making up a past history - like Hydra being around when Steve was young and had interactions with his Mom which makes her evil or stupid woman rather than a good woman and a role model for Steve.

Let's remember that - a superhero like Steve has a woman as his role model. Now, his mom was a Hydra dupe???? Sorry Feminists. But whatever sells right? It won't sell to me though...

PS: So when Cap punched Hitler that means Hitler was the good guy because the Nazis also were fighting Hydra. Good thinking there Breevort.
    You're just mad because Cap threw you out of a plane.

Red Skull is the one who told Old Man Rogers where to find Cube girl before he got deaged. Red Skull obviously enacted his own change first.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Red Skull is the one who told Old Man Rogers where to find Cube girl before he got deaged. Red Skull obviously enacted his own change first.

Thats similar to what i was thinking. Whats to say that he didnt find the girl first and convinced her to not only give steve back his youth but also to mess with his past then redircted stve to her somehow? I mean if she has cosmic power to change villans to something out of a bad 1950's sitcom with rewritten memory's whats to say that she cant do that?

All-New Member

I'm glad to see that other people are jumping onboard the Red Skull bandwagon too, I finally registered an account here just to throw the idea out there since it felt like a lot of people were ignoring it. Red Skull led Captain America to the cosmic cube in Pleasant Hill, and at the very end he restarted Hydra. And, someone please correct me if I'm mistaken as my Marvel history isn't the greatest, doesn't the Red Skull still have the powers of Professor X? And aren't some of Professor X's more dickish/retconish moments about him rewriting peoples memories? It seems like it has to be more than a coincidence that, at the same time Red Skull wanted to restart Hydra, Captain America suddenly decided to show his true allegiance as a sleeper agent.

I could see it being something like the cosmic cube completely remade/regenerated his body to restore his youth, so during that time Red Skull was able to use Professor X's powers to inject these memories into his new mind, so he essentially regenerated believing that he was a sleeper agent, and he was activated at the end of Pleasant Hill, when Red Skull decided to restart Hydra. I can't imagine that it will last for more than 5 or 6 issues, and I have a feeling it will end with Sam having to help Steve, and at the end Steve will use that for further proof that the world needs two captain America's and that will hopefully give Sam the push he needs to be more confident in wielding the shield. Failing that, I could also see Bucky being brought in, since it parallels what he went through, and he's currently gallivanting around with the cube girl anyway. Either way, it's certainly not a retcon, and I don't think it was ever intended to be. I think it was just a shock ending, that ended up being way more shocking than anyone at Marvel thought it would be.

I think its not so much what happened as we all know its like a soap opera and Cap will be good again but the fact it happened at all. Cap is a great character that does not need Fonzy's help jumping the shark on his first new issue......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shishard View Post
    I think its not so much what happened as we all know its like a soap opera and Cap will be good again but the fact it happened at all. Cap is a great character that does not need Fonzy's help jumping the shark on his first new issue......
    He was frozen 50+ years in a block of ice and then thawed in modern times.

I mean, c'mon, weird stuff sometimes happens to him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post

PS: So when Cap punched Hitler that means Hitler was the good guy because the Nazis also were fighting Hydra. Good thinking there Breevort
    The burning of memorabilia you're referring to was actually rick remender, not nick spencer?

Also, you say this is not innovation, because you're fine with innovation. I'm not sayng you're wrong, but what exactly is your definition of innovation?

And while whether someone likes this issue or the plot twist is entirely subjective, and I can't fault anyone for disliking it. I thought it was interesting and would like to see where it's gong, but that's just me. However, making jumps in thought like Marvel is glorifying hitler, or that this is a betrayal of a the character/ character assassination, or to say that the entire storyline is terrible because of this is simply moronic. Like I said, not liking a book is good and dandy, but anyone throwing a hissy fit about this is absolutely being a entitled fanboy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    The likeliest thing seems to be that Red Skull is messing with Cap's head.
    That's my take, too. As Steve would not be able to lift or use Mjolnir in any other situation.

Johann is pulling an "Inception" in Steve, slowly placing false memories that affect and betray his character.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    That's my take, too. As Steve would not be able to lift or use Mjolnir in any other situation.

Johann is pulling an "Inception" in Steve, slowly placing false memories that affect and betray his character.
    I reread the 75th anniversary tie in and saw the part where we find out the Pleasant Hill priest is actually Red Skull. Seeing him talk about "his greatest triumph" coupled with "Hail Hydragate" has me thinking both are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    The burning of memorabilia you're referring to was actually rick remender, not nick spencer?

Also, you say this is not innovation, because you're fine with innovation. I'm not sayng you're wrong, but what exactly is your definition of innovation?

And while whether someone likes this issue or the plot twist is entirely subjective, and I can't fault anyone for disliking it. I thought it was interesting and would like to see where it's gong, but that's just me. However, making jumps in thought like Marvel is glorifying hitler, or that this is a betrayal of a the character/ character assassination, or to say that the entire storyline is terrible because of this is simply moronic. Like I said, not liking a book is good and dandy, but anyone throwing a hissy fit about this is absolutely being a entitled fanboy.
    Marvel writes in committee - the editor let the burning memorabilia pass as a good idea. Innovation is taking the idea that Bucky was not a kid sidekick but a well trained soldier and that the kid sidekick was for propaganda purposes. That made more sense than the original origin. It expanded the character - built the character up. This Hydra thing just diminishes Cap. It even diminished Caps mom as a Hydra stooge.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post

Is Marvel sticking with continuity? After Secret Wars and the reforming of the universe the lifting of the hammer by Steve may not have happened any longer.