Super Moderator

Default REPORT: Disney Floating Possibility of Live-Action "Little Mermaid" Movie

27 years after the animated hit's release, Disney is reportedly mulling over a possible "Little Mermaid" remake in live-action.

Full article here.

BANNED

Haha, "floating," I see what you did there.

GOD I wish Disney would knock it off with the live-action remakes of their animated films.

BANNED

Of course they are!

But I sincerely hope they don't. The Little Mermaid is a masterpiece already. I know they'd make a billion off the name alone but money isn't everything.

If you can do Jungle Book, you can do it all.

I WANT THAT LION KING REMAKE MANE
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Eh. That one would still be "animated". (The Jungle Book mostly was)

Make it R rated and lose the clam shells.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I thought Disney already said this was happening. Something about Chloe Grace-Moretz being cast as Ariel and all that.

Btw, where is the Mulan remake?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I thought Disney already said this was happening. Something about Chloe Grace-Moretz being cast as Ariel and all that.

Btw, where is the Mulan remake?
    That other Little Mermaid movie is being made by Universal. Word is that it'll be darker and more tragic like Andersen's original short story.

I don't see why they shouldn't make another Little Mermaid. I've liked many of the ones that have been made so far. In many cases they add some interesting stuff. I particularly liked the fact that The Jungle Book included more stuff from Kipling's books. Also, it's been a long time since I've seen any Disney animated movie as a masterpiece that could not be done differently or improved upon.

I wonder if people would be less critical of these movies if they were billed as re-adaptations rather than remakes? Like, if Disney announced that it was going to make a live action movie based on H.C. Andersen's "The Little Mermaid" that was completely unconnected to their animated movie, would they be more open to it? It wouldn't be unprecedented. Disney's done the story of Robin Hood twice, Treasure Island twice and the Three Musketeers twice. I think they've done "Jack and the Beanstalk" a couple of times too, with a new one pending. They also seemed to remake their live action comedies all the time and no one seemed to give a damn.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Haha, "floating," I see what you did there.

GOD I wish Disney would knock it off with the live-action remakes of their animated films.

THIS^ So much this! I mean seriously Disney, stop ruining animated classics with bleh to barely average quality live action adaptions. Just go back to making fun animated films, I mean we know from stuff like Zootopia you can still do it, so please more of that and less of this. I mean you already have Marvel & Star Wars for your live action stuff. isn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Oh good lord please NO! Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time! I would hate to see its legacy tainted with a live action remake! Besides we have the Lion Guard animated TV series on Disney Jr which IMO is a much better way of keeping the property alive then a live action remake.

Although if they are going to do anything with Lion King I would love to see it released from the Disney vault as over the years I wore out my VHS & DVD copies of the film and currently have no way to watch it.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!